South Webster @ Valley 1/21/22

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

South Webster @ Valley 1/21/22

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

👀👀👀👀 two big matchups in the SOC2 tonight. Who else going with the split screen tonight?

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
transplant
SE

Re: South Webster @ Valley 1/21/22

Post by transplant »

I will be.

purplegold
Riding the Bench

Post by purplegold »

Valley really needs to develop their bench. Players 6, 7, and 8 need to see some game action in every game. I'm not saying they need a lot of minutes, but it is hurting them when they get into foul trouble. If they can get 3 players off the bench to provide some quality spot minutes they will be fine. The only way to do that is give them a little PT. That's my only knock on this team. They have some great players and play great team ball. Just missing bench production. And they are going to need it in order to make a deep run come tourney time.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

purplegold wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:52 pm Valley really needs to develop their bench. Players 6, 7, and 8 need to see some game action in every game. I'm not saying they need a lot of minutes, but it is hurting them when they get into foul trouble. If they can get 3 players off the bench to provide some quality spot minutes they will be fine. The only way to do that is give them a little PT. That's my only knock on this team. They have some great players and play great team ball. Just missing bench production. And they are going to need it in order to make a deep run come tourney time.
Lack of depth a typical D4 issue. Webster is basically 6 deep as well. Sad thing for Valley though is they'd have 3 other players in their rotation and be a legit 8-9 deep if not for the offseason transfers they lost. As for this one, I'll take Valley at home by a score of 64-58.*

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

I feel comfortable with Rawlins at 7 off the bench this season. He hasn’t played much but when he had he’s done a good job

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

52-50 JEEPS!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Webster 52
Valley 50

Indians played VERY sloppy down the stretch, Jeeps played hard!

Congrats!

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Very sloppy. Valley gave that one away. Someone needs to step up and lead. Want the ball on his hands at the end of the game and control things. Give Webster credit for playing hard and getting the win, but valley gave that one away. Valley needs to figure some things out before the tournament starts.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Jeeps wanted it more. I told y’all in the other thread from the first game that we’d get em back at Valley

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

transplant wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:12 pm Very sloppy. Valley gave that one away. Someone needs to step up and lead. Want the ball on his hands at the end of the game and control things. Give Webster credit for playing hard and getting the win, but valley gave that one away. Valley needs to figure some things out before the tournament starts.
This has been a theme, lazy passes, everyone waiting on someone else. I’m confident they’ll get it fixed! Keep playing hard!

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Yes they did. Bender was the difference maker tonight. Def played harder and wanted it more. No grit or want to from valley. Tough kids, but not playing very tough right now. Tired legs, no focus, too much hype.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

coop wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:20 pm
transplant wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:12 pm Very sloppy. Valley gave that one away. Someone needs to step up and lead. Want the ball on his hands at the end of the game and control things. Give Webster credit for playing hard and getting the win, but valley gave that one away. Valley needs to figure some things out before the tournament starts.
This has been a theme, lazy passes, everyone waiting on someone else. I’m confident they’ll get it fixed! Keep playing hard!
Yes it has. Not sure what is going on. But they need to figure it out and fast.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:18 pm Jeeps wanted it more. I told y’all in the other thread from the first game that we’d get em back at Valley
I won’t disagree you could see Valley going through the motions and Webster was energized.

I know Valley has played a lot of games recently, but you gotta close these out.

Congrats on the win and hope to see y’all in the tournament!

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Valley hasnt played well since the break. Some of it is the second time thru and some of it is just plain sloppiness. Even some of the fouls were due to lazy play. Whatever the reason I'd rather seee it now than during the ine and done season. It'll get corrected.

I'm not surprised SW won. They certainly played like they wanted it more.

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

I ain’t mad about Valley losing 3 games in a week… seeing humble over hype on social media. It’s not been true since the holiday. Someone needs to reel those boys back in. They can make a big run, but attitudes need to be better! These losses could be exactly what this group needs. I’m not hating, just speaking my opinion and what I see from body language and actions.

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

Valley has three L's and in every game they had the lead. Valley needs to find a way take care of the ball and handle the pressure down the stretch. Hats off to SW.

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

GoAt 10 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:58 pm I ain’t mad about Valley losing 3 games in a week… seeing humble over hype on social media. It’s not been true since the holiday. Someone needs to reel those boys back in. They can make a big run, but attitudes need to be better! These losses could be exactly what this group needs. I’m not hating, just speaking my opinion and what I see from body language and actions.
I agree the body language is embarrassing.

#sports_is_life
Waterboy

Post by #sports_is_life »

Someone needs to tell Valley that there isn't a shot clock in high school. Patience is key! Had the lead in all three losses and throwing up shots when they don't need to. Body language on a couple players could be a lot better as well. Quit pouting and play hard! C'mon man!

Sidethrower
Waterboy

Post by Sidethrower »

#sports_is_life wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:09 pm Someone needs to tell Valley that there isn't a shot clock in high school. Patience is key! Had the lead in all three losses and throwing up shots when they don't need to. Body language on a couple players could be a lot better as well. Quit pouting and play hard! C'mon man!
They had someone that would tell them all of that but they ran him off after last year. Better not say too much because they may transfer out. #indiansoft

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

The valley charmins

Return to “Boys Basketball”