South Webster @ Valley 1/21/22

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Re: South Webster @ Valley 1/21/22

Post by Lovehoops1 »

Some of it is Karma from how they treated less talented schools early in the season. Let's be honest a bad illegal screen call saved them from a loss to NW as well. They need a player coach someone to step up and lead, someone to want to be the guy but not in an overbearing way. Its easy to pick on the less talented but its tough to step up once you get punched in the mouth. They still have some time left but better figure it out soon or its just gonna be another ok year.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Bashing kids and or players isn’t gonna happen.

I’m sure there is frustration there losing 3 of 5, but again…you’ve lost to 3 good teams and it’s a result of sloppy play and attitude.

The kids will figure it out, and they have a great shot at finishing 17-3/16-4 and making a serious run in the tournament.

Get back to being aggressive and having fun.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Great game to watch. Bender really played well for Webster off the bench tonight. Also though Buckle was solid for Valley tonight as well.

Difference tonight was Webster broke the pressure, but got set up in a half court offense instead of chucking a quick shot after breaking press. Also thought Valley started to watch the clock too early (around the 1:48 mark) instead of running their offense. Neither team has much depth, but the players they run out there are all skilled. Fun game just like the first meeting. I gotta think we’ll see a 3rd game in District Finals or Regional Semis.*

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Lovehoops1 wrote: ↑Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:12 pm Some of it is Karma from how they treated less talented schools early in the season. Let's be honest a bad illegal screen call saved them from a loss to NW as well. They need a player coach someone to step up and lead, someone to want to be the guy but not in an overbearing way. Its easy to pick on the less talented but its tough to step up once you get punched in the mouth. They still have some time left but better figure it out soon or its just gonna be another ok year.
They’ve not been blown out by anyone, of the teams that’s “punched them in the mouth” they’ve also done the same to those teams (1-1 with Webster and 1-1 with Minford) and they play @Waverly on 2/11.

I’m all about calling out sloppy play, or needing energy, but we’re not doing is going to start piling on and running kids down.

Playing 6 games in 10 days with that level of competition isn’t exactly and easy task, either.

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

Oh no I think they are a great team to watch and wasn't trying to put down any kids. I was saying when its close someone needs to take charge not take bad shots and turn the ball over. Punched in the mouth was meant as in close tough games and adversity. Relax don't be so defensive I'm all for Valley winning.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Lovehoops1 wrote: ↑Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:23 pm Oh no I think they are a great team to watch and wasn't trying to put down any kids. I was saying when its close someone needs to take charge not take bad shots and turn the ball over. Punched in the mouth was meant as in close tough games and adversity. Relax don't be so defensive I'm all for Valley winning.
I quoted you, but that was a general statement to the rest of the crew lol.

Your post was just fine and actually I agree, personally I’d run everything through Arnett.

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

Ok we're good then lol.
The only problem I have had with Valley all year is pressing with starters in up 30 plus till final buzzer and other teams had surrender the defeat and cleared their benches. That's not on the kids tho they just do what the coaches tell them to do

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

South Webster is a well coached team and deserved the win. Valley has to regroup, their eyes are dropping when under pressure and the passes are being missed. When Valley plays as one and finds the open man with the extra pass they are scary good!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Lovehoops1 wrote: ↑Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:27 pm Ok we're good then lol.
The only problem I have had with Valley all year is pressing with starters in up 30 plus till final buzzer and other teams had surrender the defeat and cleared their benches. That's not on the kids tho they just do what the coaches tell them to do
I get that, and I’d rather seen that with the bench kids, while that’s the game they play, they try to play it for 32 mins…Like you said it’s just the kids executing the game plan.

I think having 9 days off after playing 6 games in 10 days is gonna be huge for these boys, and I think you’ll see them re energized and rejuvenated when they play West of Feb 1.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Life's lessons. Sometimes we need to fail to grow, as coaches, teammates and fans. No one is going to rollover because you experienced a little success. It's how we react to adversity that'll define us in the long run. Recoup, regroup and prepare for the ultimate challenges you'll face, on the court and in life.

Return to “Boys Basketball”