not going to be a popular thread but oh well. its time to shut it down!

truetrojan1961
Waterboy

not going to be a popular thread but oh well. its time to shut it down!

Post by truetrojan1961 »

covid19 is crazy high right now probably the worse its been to date , if we are not going to pull the plug lets at least go back to mask mandates and social distancing in the stands ,yes even if it means less fans.

we have all these schools mandating mask in school but not a games, how does that make sense?

this is very dangerous stuff here you watch news and see how bad it is ,and not just adults is it worth all this sickness for high school sports?
everyone thinks so until it hits home then they rethink things .

another problem is these schools that will not go back to virtual is for one REASON ,they are afraid it will shut down the ole might sports ,how about putting the kids safety and others above a silly game !

then we have schools that did not have to cancel or postpone games because they did not have covid ...i call bull poop you know dang good and well each and every school had covid19 cases they just refused to report or told their kids NOT get tested , again , is it worth it.we need a complete shut down of schools ALL schools and sports for about 30 days to slow tis spread.

and before you ask, yes,I stopped going to my nephews games and simply listen to radio.

I also sent a nasty letter to OHSSA A
about how a few schools are ignoring the guidlines and the same copy to the governor of Ohio .

peace and blessing I truly hope you all stay safe

transplant
SE

Re: not going to be a popular thread but oh well. its time to shut it down!

Post by transplant »

Some schools are mandating masks at games. Minford, northwest, and waverly off the top of my head.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Live your life the way you want. We’ll live it 99.9999999999% the way we want

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

I agree, it's time to shut the schools back down period. I know where i live, In Kentucky, they had over 16,000 cases yesterday alone. A life long friend of mine is in the ICU unit currently and it's not going well for him. I've lost several friends to it and family as well. It's not going to go away. EVERYONE will KNOW someone who they're good friends with or family who dies from Covid before long. It usually starts changing attitudes.

They shut down schools all the time for flu outbreaks and this is far worse than any flu outbreak, ever.

KDH in Ashland is making 700 to 800 phone calls a day letting people know they tested positive. The workers are EXHAUSTED and working 12 hour shifts. Just think how dauting that is running that many test and making that many phone calls. SOMETHING needs to be down in America, this is exhausting our resources..all that testing cost money, lots of money. Test kits are nine bucks a piece at home

Remember, no man is an island.

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Do some real research. Hospitalizations, death rate has dropped significantly with the Omicron variant, which is why they are fully opening in other countries like England and even dropping mask mandates. If you don't want to go to a game because you feel it's unsafe, then stay home. It's really that simple.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Like the flu the virus will never go away. Learn to live with it or live in a Michael Jackson bubble

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

truetrojan1961 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:53 pm covid19 is crazy high right now probably the worse its been to date , if we are not going to pull the plug lets at least go back to mask mandates and social distancing in the stands ,yes even if it means less fans.

we have all these schools mandating mask in school but not a games, how does that make sense?

this is very dangerous stuff here you watch news and see how bad it is ,and not just adults is it worth all this sickness for high school sports?

another problem is these schools that will not go back to virtual is for one REASON ,they are afraid it will shut down the ole might sports ,how about putting the kids safety and others above a silly game !

then we have schools that did not have to cancel or postpone games because they did not have covid ...i call bull poop you know dang good and well each and every school had covid19 cases they just refused to report or told their kids NOT get tested , again , is it worth it.we need a complete shut down of schools ALL schools and sports for about 30 days to slow tis spread.

and before you ask, yes,I stopped going to my nephews games and simply listen to radio.

about how a few schools are ignoring the guidlines and the same copy to the governor of Ohio .

Why did it have to be a NASTY LETTER? Why not just a LETTER? smh Omicron is more transmissible but a lot less dangerous. Majority of the people are not getting sick at all. If people would quit testing it would go down. Treat your symptoms, stay home if your sick and protect the ELDERLY and VULNERABLE. To shut these kids down again after doing it over two years would be a true injustice to the KIDS. Again, stay home if you are not feeling well or uncomfortable. Stop with the MANDATES and SHUTDOWNS. Live with it and allow these kids to enjoy being 15-18 years old! BTW: Science and studies have now come out saying the Cloth Diaper Masks do not protect you!! N95 yes but not these other goofy money makers that people are wearing! LOOK IT UP!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Oh boy.

truetrojan1961
Waterboy

Post by truetrojan1961 »

93Bulldog wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:35 pm Do some real research. Hospitalizations, death rate has dropped significantly with the Omicron variant, which is why they are fully opening in other countries like England and even dropping mask mandates. If you don't want to go to a game because you feel it's unsafe, then stay home. It's really that simple.

dont know what rock you are under but you better look again , but yes I will stay home while you all think its safe to keep p[laying a silly game in high school , how many kids could take this virus home to parents or grandparents , some adults ego

truetrojan1961
Waterboy

Post by truetrojan1961 »

baseball16 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:20 pm
truetrojan1961 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:53 pm covid19 is crazy high right now probably the worse its been to date , if we are not going to pull the plug lets at least go back to mask mandates and social distancing in the stands ,yes even if it means less fans.

Why did it have to be a NASTY LETTER? Why not just a LETTER? smh Omicron is more transmissible but a lot less dangerous. Majority of the people are not getting sick at all. If people would quit testing it would go down. Treat your symptoms, stay home if your sick and protect the ELDERLY and VULNERABLE. To shut these kids down again after doing it over two years would be a true injustice to the KIDS. Again, stay home if you are not feeling well or uncomfortable. Stop with the MANDATES and SHUTDOWNS. Live with it and allow these kids to enjoy being 15-18 years old! BTW: Science and studies have now come out saying the Cloth Diaper Masks do not protect you!! N95 yes but not these other goofy money makers that people are wearing! LOOK IT UP!

thats just it , people are do disrespectfull to stay home if they have a runny nose they dont care , if they did the right think this virus would be under control by now .

like or or not the mask mandate is coming , and hopefully more

truetrojan1961
Waterboy

Post by truetrojan1961 »

kantucky wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:40 pm I agree, it's time to shut the schools back down period. I know where i live, In Kentucky, they had over 16,000 cases yesterday alone. A life long friend of mine is in the ICU unit currently and it's not going well for him. I've lost several friends to it and family as well. It's not going to go away. EVERYONE will KNOW someone who they're good friends with or family who dies from Covid before long. It usually starts changing attitudes.

They shut down schools all the time for flu outbreaks and this is far worse than any flu outbreak, ever.

KDH in Ashland is making 700 to 800 phone calls a day letting people know they tested positive. The workers are EXHAUSTED and working 12 hour shifts. Just think how dauting that is running that many test and making that many phone calls. SOMETHING needs to be down in America, this is exhausting our resources..all that testing cost money, lots of money. Test kits are nine bucks a piece at home

but the numbers are going way down ?

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

truetrojan1961 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:52 pm
kantucky wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:40 pm I agree, it's time to shut the schools back down period. I know where i live, In Kentucky, they had over 16,000 cases yesterday alone. A life long friend of mine is in the ICU unit currently and it's not going well for him. I've lost several friends to it and family as well. It's not going to go away. EVERYONE will KNOW someone who they're good friends with or family who dies from Covid before long. It usually starts changing attitudes.

OK, for the Record: KDMC in Ashland the workers have been working 12 hours shifts for years. They did this approx. 12-15 years ago. Cases are way UP, YES, but Deaths and Hospitalizations are DOWN! WHY? 75% of the population is Vaxxed! 90% of the 65 and older are VAXxed. They are protected! If Grandma and Grandpa are unvaxxed then they should isolate until cases come down!

Dragonguy13
Freshman Team

Post by Dragonguy13 »

Nothing needs shut down. All that does is just postpone the inevitable. It’s not going away. Learn to live with it
Last edited by Dragonguy13 on Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

I'll ADD this and be done. Fentanyl OD's are over 100000 deaths over the past year to ages 15-40. for this age group this is the REAL Pandemic! Why is there no outrage over this or NASTY LETTERS to Dewine or even the National Administration?

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Make a choice.

Get Busy Livin

Or

Get Busy Dyin

Heard that somewhere …

Oh well I have A volcanic black rock to find.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

truetrojan1961 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:52 pm

Down? good night, no, they're not going down. It's worse than it's ever been. Yes, Omincron doesn't appear to be as devastating but for a certain percentage, it still is and when you consider how many more folks are contracting it? then that smaller percentage is still higher in the number of patients in the hospital in the future.

No, it's NOT like a cold or the flu, at least we have cold and flu season, there is NO season for Covid, it's always in season. It's crippling our economy and it's not getting any better. So many people are missing so much work. Our health insurance rates will be going out of sight soon as they have to make money somehow and they're paying out more than ever before. Last year, through the masking and distancing, colds and flu was down to nothing..that balanced it all out.

The United States and the world need to tackle this with an all out priority

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

FIDO wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:44 pm Like the flu the virus will never go away. Learn to live with it or live in a Michael Jackson bubble

I'm pretty sure you're immunized there where you're living as you're not allowed outdoors. It's a drastic way to deal with this isn't it?

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

I was ok with limited fans. Last year was great, but only as far as all the fans in attendance being into the games. This year as in the past it seems most of the "fans" are unaware of the action that is on the court.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

I voluntarily got immunized at the VA clinic. It wasnt mandatory but it makes it easier for international travel. The lockdown is over here. Mandatory masks are required in public places but it's a small price to pay. You can't legislate your way out of the virus. It's here to stay. Of those dying globally from Covid what is the percentage of unvaccinated? The sooner the powers to be focus on treatment vs chasing ghosts the better we will be able to deal with the madness.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

I had Brew Pub for lunch today...good stuff.*

Return to “Boys Basketball”