OAKHILL BASKETBALL

Post by FatBoy »

THOUGHTS?

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: OAKHILL BASKETBALL

Post by bbjunky81 »

I'll chime in.

They're just not a very talented basketball team, period. They play in a very tough SOC 2 that has multiple solid teams this year.

Coach McKinnis is a good coach and gets the most out of what he has...... unfortunately there just isn't much talent on the team. This downhill slide from Oak Hill was predicted years ago and it looks to continue for many more years as the lower grades through junior high aren't showing much promise.

Oak Hill needs to completely re-do and re-energize their biddy program from the ground up. That way in 5-10 years hopefully they're back to competing near the top of the SOC 2.... But the next 5-10 years look bleak to put it kindly.

If any parent complains then they're probably just a parent who makes excuses for their kid not putting in the work in the offseason to be better. McKinnis is the right guy for the job. If he gives it up then I think it gets even worse for Oak Hill because no other respectable coaches are going to apply to a job you're guaranteed to lose 12-15+ games a year.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:05 am I'll chime in.

They're just not a very talented basketball team, period. They play in a very tough SOC 2 that has multiple solid teams this year.

Coach McKinnis is a good coach and gets the most out of what he has...... unfortunately there just isn't much talent on the team. This downhill slide from Oak Hill was predicted years ago and it looks to continue for many more years as the lower grades through junior high aren't showing much promise.

Oak Hill needs to completely re-do and re-energize their biddy program from the ground up. That way in 5-10 years hopefully they're back to competing near the top of the SOC 2.... But the next 5-10 years look bleak to put it kindly.

If any parent complains then they're probably just a parent who makes excuses for their kid not putting in the work in the offseason to be better. McKinnis is the right guy for the job. If he gives it up then I think it gets even worse for Oak Hill because no other respectable coaches are going to apply to a job you're guaranteed to lose 12-15+ games a year.
Well said.

Hall a junior is a solid true post player and he’s pretty tough. Kinzel pretty solid, also a junior. McKinniss son is a sophomore and should have a good junior snd senior season….but you are correct.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:05 am I'll chime in.

Agree with everything you say.

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

Small schools run in cycles by the talent in their classes. The Oaks are a well coached and the young men have no quit in them this year. However the SOCII is tough this year. I agree with the previous comments that great programs start in pee wee. I have witnessed over the years that great teams are built by great grades at the pee wee level. The key has always been get the right folks in the young leagues and the kids will play and the high school will benefit. Youth programs appear more important than ever as parents transfer their kids earlier.

Return to “Boys Basketball”