Trimble and FH TVC Hocking Title (Predictions)

Orestes'
Freshman Team

Re: Trimble and FH TVC Hocking Title (Predictions)

Post by Orestes' »

Superman wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:00 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:38 pm
Superman wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:27 pm

Hopefully we get an easy draw and play the Jeeps. Did they even get in the tourney?
You better worry about making it past the mighty lancers first before you worry about a real team like the Jeeps
The Lancers have that whole OHSAA to deal with first. Friday could be an ugly day in Stewart from what I've been hearing.
Just in: though the Glouster gang want so badly for this to be true, the OHSAA has deemed "25" to be eligible, AGAIN! So, move on. Also to the lady who sent the nasty email to the FH admin could you grow up a little and move on. A woman in her 60's should be above such nonsense over a high school basketball game. SMDH

TrueFan
JV Team

Post by TrueFan »

Gray Cat wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:10 pm
Crab's Brother wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:06 pm Is this back to back Trimble basketball losses where there was a post game incident with the AD and the officials?
Our AD is passionate and a true Tomcat so when the Cats get screwed he lets them know about it. They need to be held accountable. Shameful what they did to the players that deserved to win that game.
How did they "get screwed"? Just curious. Neutral observer and with the game I watched, I don't see anything where I can justify saying they "got screwed"!

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

Orestes' wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:11 pm

You better worry about making it past the mighty lancers first before you worry about a real team like the Jeeps
The Lancers have that whole OHSAA to deal with first. Friday could be an ugly day in Stewart from what I've been hearing.
Just in: though the Glouster gang want so badly for this to be true, the OHSAA has deemed "25" to be eligible, AGAIN! So, move on. Also to the lady who sent the nasty email to the FH admin could you grow up a little and move on. A woman in her 60's should be above such nonsense over a high school basketball game. SMDH
Let's face it, the people in that town have nothing else going on in their lives other than high school sports. Kind of reminds me of where Randy Moss is from, though no one from Thimble is going pro. So, with that said I can see an old woman being so upset and the AD chasing officials around and cussing them out. This basketball team was all they had and they got beat when the town would have bet the bank they were going undefeated because they had "everyone back." The disappointing football season and now this has sent them into the depths of depression I'm sure. Still no excuse for their actions, but I do see the reason behind it. Again, sad.

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

Orestes' wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:11 pm

Yes it's a sad day in Tomcat land with this news. Now they'll just have to say, "even the OHSAA is cheating us." :mrgreen:

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
Mike Hawk
Waterboy

Post by Mike Hawk »

Man I sure do hope these two teams meet up again in the tournament. I for one will not miss that game if they do. Plenty of excitement before, during and after the game for sure. :mrgreen:

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Probably the same woman who asked me to go sit somewhere else.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Picket Fence
Riding the Bench

Post by Picket Fence »

93Bulldog wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:29 am
Picket Fence wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:00 am This will all sort out. I’m sure there is or already has been an investigation into FedHock’s transfer. Trimble will continue to play formidable opponents in the tourney and still have a huge target on its back. They are highly ranked and have lost one game this season. However, I’m still not convinced with Trimble. I feel that Trimble is generally more cocky than confident. From a general standpoint, humility doesn’t grow on trees in Jacksonville, Trimble, or Glouster. Grandview Hts/Newark Catholic are waiting for you guys. They both have far less superior records, but they are tournament tested as evidenced by their very tough schedules. Just look at GHHS/NCHS losses…pretty big schools and some very good teams. For Trimble to win they will have to attack those games like a surgeon (outsmart them)….and win four tournament games.
Don't one of those teams need to beat a Berlin Highland or perhaps River or Malvern first? Probably not a good idea not to just look past a program like Berlin. As for Trimble, they too have a very tough road just to get to that game if it were to happen.
Yes, Berlin, is traditionally very good, I see your point there. However, River and Malvern, I’m not so sure about. River is well coached, Romick does a good job and has been there forever, has some good D4 wins. Don’t know much about Malvern other than they lost to River by 5 and they got beat handedly by Berlin. I’m taking a Cbus school over an eastern district team almost every time….unless it’s a team like D2 John Glenn from 2016 (they were electrifying). The D3&D4 Cbus teams have no choice other than to play larger/more competitive schools.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Gray Cat wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:10 pm
Crab's Brother wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:06 pm Is this back to back Trimble basketball losses where there was a post game incident with the AD and the officials?
Our AD is passionate and a true Tomcat so when the Cats get screwed he lets them know about it. They need to be held accountable. Shameful what they did to the players that deserved to win that game.

Justify it however you want, but that is a load of crap. Zero professionalism.

rwt20
Waterboy

Post by rwt20 »

It is really amazing to me how people will go on and on on this site regarding high school sports. Here are a few reminders:

1. Yes, they do take sports very serious at Trimble and it is about all the have at Trimble. Is that a bad thing?
2. What high school sports have lined up and shaken hands after a game since covid?
3. It was two great games between FH and Trimble. Did the mid-season transfer make a difference? Yes
4. Trimble's two technicals hurt them. Players need to control their reactions to things that happen on the floor.
5. The AD going after the refs after the game - Did he go to make sure that they made it to the changing room safely or was he going after them? Did anyone see?
6. I understand everyone's questions about the transfer. I just hope that FH took care of everything correctly and there is no problem with it. I would hate to see them having to forfeit games because of it. There are some really good younger players on FH.
7. Also, people always hate the team that is on top.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

rwt20 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:21 pm It is really amazing to me how people will go on and on on this site regarding high school sports. Here are a few reminders:

1. Yes, they do take sports very serious at Trimble and it is about all the have at Trimble. Is that a bad thing?
2. What high school sports have lined up and shaken hands after a game since covid?
3. It was two great games between FH and Trimble. Did the mid-season transfer make a difference? Yes
4. Trimble's two technicals hurt them. Players need to control their reactions to things that happen on the floor.
5. The AD going after the refs after the game - Did he go to make sure that they made it to the changing room safely or was he going after them? Did anyone see?
6. I understand everyone's questions about the transfer. I just hope that FH took care of everything correctly and there is no problem with it. I would hate to see them having to forfeit games because of it. There are some really good younger players on FH.
7. Also, people always hate the team that is on top.
It’s time to move on, in the big scheme of things this helps both teams get ready for the tournament. It’s one game….it shouldn’t rattle the Trimble faithful as much as it has.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Literally every game I’ve watched this year has had coaches and players shaking hands. Trimble just needed them hands to wipe the tears away

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
rwt20
Waterboy

Post by rwt20 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:01 pm Literally every game I’ve watched this year has had coaches and players shaking hands. Trimble just needed them hands to wipe the tears away
I'm not sure what conference you are in but in the TVC both the boys and girls teams wave at each other. They have not been shaking hands since covid. (I didn't think OHSAA wanting the teams shaking hands anyway.) I think you just like to stir things up on here and I am not going to respond anymore to you. If you dislike Trimble so much, then why are going to the game to begin with. Oh right, just to stir things up.

If you were at the game, then you would have seen some of the players that are friends hug each other on the court after the game but I think you only see what you want to stir things up. You would have also seen that the FH players were celebrating too much to worry about shaking hands anyway.

JustAnObserver
Waterboy

Post by JustAnObserver »

rwt20 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:15 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:01 pm Literally every game I’ve watched this year has had coaches and players shaking hands. Trimble just needed them hands to wipe the tears away
I'm not sure what conference you are in but in the TVC both the boys and girls teams wave at each other. They have not been shaking hands since covid. (I didn't think OHSAA wanting the teams shaking hands anyway.) I think you just like to stir things up on here and I am not going to respond anymore to you. If you dislike Trimble so much, then why are going to the game to begin with. Oh right, just to stir things up.

If you were at the game, then you would have seen some of the players that are friends hug each other on the court after the game but I think you only see what you want to stir things up. You would have also seen that the FH players were celebrating too much to worry about shaking hands anyway.
I’m not commenting on your opinions but I will say every game I have been to in the SOC I, SOC II, SHAC areas they have been shaking hands all year. I know that’s has nothing to do with the point you’re making. Just clarifying.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

DUNK1 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:52 pm Trimble is better and that will be proven out once we get to tourney time. If the two teams play ten times, trimble wins 9. Fed got lucky. I dont blame Howie for not shaking hands, it is a pandemic afterall. Fed should stick to spotlighting and let trimble deal with basketball.
lmao

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Six pages of boasting after the game could be a record lol.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

dilligaf wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:12 pm Six pages of boasting after the game could be a record lol.
It aint bragging when we back it up,,,,,over and over and over. The results of my emails should be rectified soon. I cant wiat to see our boys beat the lancers next time around.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
WonderNova
Freshman Team

Post by WonderNova »

I am a neutral observer from the far West of the SE district. I work for one SHAC school and am a resident of another in DIII. After some reading of this thread i checked out the game online. Here is my unsolicited take. This was an amazingly intense game. The two technicals were 100% deserved. It was poor team discipline. I actually thought there were instances where other T's could have been called. Trimble lost a highly charged game to a good opponent, and seem to be emotionally reacting. The "cheating narrative" seems to be constructed by middle school kids with internet access. I am not even trying to offend anyone. But Trimble's coach and players need to put this behind them. They are a good team who needs to focus on their tournament run, or they will not fulfill their potential and then have a HUGE reason to be disappointed. The Trimble AD has had some serious accusations levied against him, according to this thread. If there is no proof of this and its all 2nd hand chatter, it needs to stop. BUT, if this incident is true, he should not be in an AD role. Enabling the chase and intimidation of officials cant be tolerated. These are talented teams that should be cheered by their fans in the tournament. Good luck to both sets of kids!

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

Where did you watch the replay?

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

JustAnObserver wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:12 pm
rwt20 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:15 pm

I’m not commenting on your opinions but I will say every game I have been to in the SOC I, SOC II, SHAC areas they have been shaking hands all year. I know that’s has nothing to do with the point you’re making. Just clarifying.
Yes, because a hand shake is much more apt to spread germs than a hug LOL. Nice justification for your teams poor sportsmanship that starts with the coach. And that's why it continues from game to game and season to season. SMH

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
Chuck Taylor
Riding the Bench

Post by Chuck Taylor »

WonderNova wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:31 am I am a neutral observer from the far West of the SE district. I work for one SHAC school and am a resident of another in DIII. After some reading of this thread i checked out the game online. Here is my unsolicited take. This was an amazingly intense game. The two technicals were 100% deserved. It was poor team discipline. I actually thought there were instances where other T's could have been called. Trimble lost a highly charged game to a good opponent, and seem to be emotionally reacting. The "cheating narrative" seems to be constructed by middle school kids with internet access. I am not even trying to offend anyone. But Trimble's coach and players need to put this behind them. They are a good team who needs to focus on their tournament run, or they will not fulfill their potential and then have a HUGE reason to be disappointed. The Trimble AD has had some serious accusations levied against him, according to this thread. If there is no proof of this and its all 2nd hand chatter, it needs to stop. BUT, if this incident is true, he should not be in an AD role. Enabling the chase and intimidation of officials cant be tolerated. These are talented teams that should be cheered by their fans in the tournament. Good luck to both sets of kids!
Not surprising to me. But not as bad as when we were up there a few years ago. At the end of the game there was a melee on the court among the fans and the then AD threw a punch at one of our fans. Video of it was sent to the school but to my knowledge nothing was done because he was back being AD at the next game. Kind of sad that there is never any accountability for those guys. No wonder the players get slapped with technical fouls and refuse to shake hands when the adults are leading by example the way they do and nothing seems to be done about it.

Return to “Boys Basketball”