Ironton/Rock Hill game?

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Ironton/Rock Hill game?

Post by Taylormade »

I wasnt there last night,but I'm hearing some things went down before the game. If true it could possibly be the biggest D.B move of all times. Was there anyone there that could confirm or deny what happened with R.H ass AD?

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: Ironton/Rock Hill game?

Post by bbjunky81 »

From what I'm hearing Rock Hill requested that Ironton take down all senior banners and things of that nature since it was a tournament game and supposed to be a 'neutral site,' even though Ironton was playing at home. Not sure who on Rock Hill's side requested these things, but banners were taken down because of a request from someone.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:39 am From what I'm hearing Rock Hill requested that Ironton take down all senior banners and things of that nature since it was a tournament game and supposed to be a 'neutral site,' even though Ironton was playing at home. Not sure who on Rock Hill's side requested these things, but banners were taken down because of a request from someone.
It’s probably a rule but not addressed before because the hosting first and second rounds is new. Definitely petty though.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Congratulations on knowing the rules, RH.

Sometimes you don’t have to do things like that.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I would’ve just used the banners and the home court for the chip on the shoulder for Rock Hill

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:36 pm I would’ve just used the banners and the home court for the chip on the shoulder for Rock Hill
Much simpler and more effective too

Heck, I used a team trying to dunk (badly) in warmups as motivation this year and it worked. I’m sure the “disrespect” of keeping the banners up would have lit a small fire

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

XIII. SITE REGULATIONS
A. Signs, Banners, Noisemakers, and Substances Thrown on Playing Floor – Signs, school banners, pennants,
shakers, noisemakers such as horns, bells sirens, drums, etc. are NOT PERMITTED! SCHOOL OFFICIALS ARE
REMINDED TO EMPHASIZE THIS AT SCHOOL PEP RALLIES, ASSEMBLIES, BULLETINS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS.
The use of confetti, tearing up of newspapers, and programs are not permitted. Throwing powders, such as but not limited
to rosin or talcum powder, is prohibited. Use may result in a technical foul and charges administered for clean-up.
Wow... that's a stretch if you ask me. I interpret this as fans aren't allowed to hold up / use the listed items.

Post by OVCFan1 »

Sounds to me as if when presented with rules/regulations and made to follow, Ironton has trouble dealing. Although, Ironton is used to doing whatever they want and getting away with it.

torroeldorado
Waterboy

Post by torroeldorado »

I think this is totally ridiculous. The OHSAA is going to use the gyms of the higher ranked teams for the first round, the schools should be able to leave the gym as they were with any Senior Pictures throughout the year. Maybe no new signs specific to the tournament game should be hung, but the other gym decorations should remain.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Anyone been to a sectional game and saw senior banners taken down? I would think that is unique, but honestly not sure. I was told they were up when Ironton girls played at Wheelersburg, which is totally fine IMO.

Seems like a petty complaint. Luckily Rock Hill won’t have to worry about that until next year.

inOVCsider
Riding the Bench

Post by inOVCsider »

Good thing they took those banners down. I would hate to see a team have the unfair advantage of having such banners up. Keep up the good work!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

This is what happens when you have sectional games played on the home court of the higher seed. If administrators have a problem with it, then convince the OHSAA to go back to neutral sites.

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

Please go back to neutral sites and not all Div 2, Div 3 and Div 4 games on the sane dates!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”