District Semi…Jackson vs Logan Elm

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

District Semi…Jackson vs Logan Elm

Post by Ironman92 »

Big matchup

Can the Ironmen slow down Holbert? Can Logan Elm prevent This new life Ironmen team from the district finals?

This could be a good one

bman
SEO

Re: District Semi…Jackson vs Logan Elm

Post by bman »

Should be a good game. Can Logan Elm get a third scorer in this one will be important?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Both teams are defensive minded - it's in their coaches nature & philosophy , Jackson has played a similar team - Alexander - this year, Alex is similar to LE in that they have THAT scorer - Alex with D'Augustino and LE with Tanner Holbert ... both will light a team up ... Logan Elm doesn't have the size inside that Alexander had BUT the Braves make up for it in the intensity of the D, the fundamentally sound physical D that they play ... Jackson IS physical as well! they will be the physically stronger team inside the paint just by body type - does that equate to an advantage? LE plays so physical and gets such good position in the paint not sure it will matter ... Alexander beat Jackson 56-48 ... I'm sticking around after the Warren Waverly game to see this one - should be fun to watch !!!

Braves87
Freshman Team

Post by Braves87 »

Win or Lose I’m proud of these Braves…15 wins with 5 new starters and 2 kids with varsity experience..Hopefully we can get some more scoring, take care of the ball and play good defense. Hats off to Coach Stiverson, Holbert and Dropsey for making us a “Program” for the past 20 years and giving us something to look forward to every winter. Go Braves!

Braves87
Freshman Team

Post by Braves87 »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:15 pm Big matchup

Can the Ironmen slow down Holbert? Can Logan Elm prevent This new life Ironmen team from the district finals?

This could be a good one
I92,
Atleast Ward won’t make 20 free throws in this one and Sailor won’t be playing defense on Wallis this time lol. Good Luck and be proud!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:16 pm Both teams are defensive minded - it's in their coaches nature & philosophy , Jackson has played a similar team - Alexander - this year, Alex is similar to LE in that they have THAT scorer - Alex with D'Augustino and LE with Tanner Holbert ... both will light a team up ... Logan Elm doesn't have the size inside that Alexander had BUT the Braves make up for it in the intensity of the D, the fundamentally sound physical D that they play ... Jackson IS physical as well! they will be the physically stronger team inside the paint just by body type - does that equate to an advantage? LE plays so physical and gets such good position in the paint not sure it will matter ... Alexander beat Jackson 56-48 ... I'm sticking around after the Warren Waverly game to see this one - should be fun to watch !!!
Alexander earned that win….that game though Jackson did not have Miller, Bragg or Campbell.

D’Augustino and Holbert both great players and I do like the comparison….LE better than Alexander, Jackson will need one of their best games.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Braves87 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:23 pm

This could be a good one
I92,
Atleast Ward won’t make 20 free throws in this one and Sailor won’t be playing defense on Wallis this time lol. Good Luck and be proud!
I thought Ward was like 27/28….no Sailor but we definitely don’t have a Wallis either

Braves87
Freshman Team

Post by Braves87 »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:28 pm

This could be a good one
I92,
I thought Ward was like 27/28….no Sailor but we definitely don’t have a Wallis either
You’re probably right about Ward, I should have said 20+ lol. You guys have done something we couldn’t do this year, beat Fairfield Union! Those darn Falcons are always a thorn in our side lol! Good Luck on Saturday!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:28 pm

This could be a good one
I92,
I92 … love that kid ! Caleb Wallis - one my favorite all time players in SEO … because he was outstanding … the last time I was at Jackson he came up to the cheap seats to say hello and catch up along with both Donaldson boys … such good young men you raise in Ironmen country !

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Braves87 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:16 pm Win or Lose I’m proud of these Braves…15 wins with 5 new starters and 2 kids with varsity experience..Hopefully we can get some more scoring, take care of the ball and play good defense. Hats off to Coach Stiverson, Holbert and Dropsey for making us a “Program” for the past 20 years and giving us something to look forward to every winter. Go Braves!
. Heck of a coach at elm. His teams always have a chance.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Braves87 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:16 pm Win or Lose I’m proud of these Braves…15 wins with 5 new starters and 2 kids with varsity experience..Hopefully we can get some more scoring, take care of the ball and play good defense. Hats off to Coach Stiverson, Holbert and Dropsey for making us a “Program” for the past 20 years and giving us something to look forward to every winter. Go Braves!
... Outstanding program, OUTSTANDING coaching staff - one of the best top to bottom in SEOhio... as you pointed they HAVE BEEN for 20 years with Coach Stiverson/Coach Holbert ...

Braves87
Freshman Team

Post by Braves87 »

pfloyd wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:05 am
... Outstanding program, OUTSTANDING coaching staff - one of the best top to bottom in SEOhio... as you pointed they HAVE BEEN for 20 years with Coach Stiverson/Coach Holbert ...
Pfloyd
Have you heard anything about streaming at Southeastern or is it up to the school because of financial issues?

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Logan Elm is very blessed to have Coach Stiverson, Coach Holbert and Coach Dropsey. I may be biased, but I think that's the best staff in a district that has some outstanding coaches. They get the most out of their players on a yearly basis with a great culture that is the foundation of the program.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Braves87 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:51 am
pfloyd wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:05 am
Pfloyd
Have you heard anything about streaming at Southeastern or is it up to the school because of financial issues?
I know the D4 group at Wellston is trying to get sponsors so THEY can livestream the D4 games Saturday... have not heard or seen anything one way or the other about the games at Southeastern ... I would imagine it would come down to sponsors to foot the bill of doing the games ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bman wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:43 pm Logan Elm is very blessed to have Coach Stiverson, Coach Holbert and Coach Dropsey. I may be biased, but I think that's the best staff in a district that has some outstanding coaches. They get the most out of their players on a yearly basis with a great culture that is the foundation of the program.
... You won't get any argument from me bman ... Coach Stiverson, Coach Holbert and Coach Dropsey are outstanding ... I've always admired the system/program they have built at LE - they do things right! I love the philosophy that they program is built on beginning with the D, fundamentals of the game at both ends of the floor, what I admire most about the fundamental side is that those that are blessed with the most talent are expected to have the same fundamentals! they don't let the athletes with the most talent "slide by just because of their physical ability" they make these athletes "elite" athletes by demanding fundamentals out of them ... nope no argument bman ... in my book you can take Logan Elm, Warren, Fairland, Eastern Brown, Chesapeake, Jackson & a few others - take those coaching staffs and their programs - hold them above all others ... TEAM first programs, fundamentals of the game first ... heck, I can rank the teams prior to a season starting simply by coaching staffs and NOT be far off ...

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

pfloyd wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:52 pm
bman wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:43 pm Logan Elm is very blessed to have Coach Stiverson, Coach Holbert and Coach Dropsey. I may be biased, but I think that's the best staff in a district that has some outstanding coaches. They get the most out of their players on a yearly basis with a great culture that is the foundation of the program.
... You won't get any argument from me bman ... Coach Stiverson, Coach Holbert and Coach Dropsey are outstanding ... I've always admired the system/program they have built at LE - they do things right! I love the philosophy that they program is built on beginning with the D, fundamentals of the game at both ends of the floor, what I admire most about the fundamental side is that those that are blessed with the most talent are expected to have the same fundamentals! they don't let the athletes with the most talent "slide by just because of their physical ability" they make these athletes "elite" athletes by demanding fundamentals out of them ... nope no argument bman ... in my book you can take Logan Elm, Warren, Fairland, Eastern Brown, Chesapeake, Jackson & a few others - take those coaching staffs and their programs - hold them above all others ... TEAM first programs, fundamentals of the game first ... heck, I can rank the teams prior to a season starting simply by coaching staffs and NOT be far off ...
Well stated, sir.

goindians89
Waterboy

Post by goindians89 »

logan elm by less than 5 points. jackson will lead all game and logan elm will come back and close it out.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

I don’t see how Jackson can score enough to beat Logan Elm. Braves 50-40

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Man….I wanna win this one.

Go Ironmen

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Wow.

53-39….Ironmen

What an effort and oh so fun to watch!

Hats off to the Logan Elm Braves and Coach Stiverson ….a class act and a great and classy program.

I thought the officiating was outstanding ….all 3 guys get a major thumbs up.

Jackson! Moving on to face ole foe Waverly.

Logan Miller and Drew Bragg…..didn’t have them all season and fought and clawed and scraped a #12 seed, but Miller now full go and Bragg can go about 1/2 a game. Miller went for 17 but does it all. He’s been nothing short of a game changer since his return from his knee injury. Bragg hit a monster 3 and went for 13 in maybe 15 minutes. Boston Campbell was big….we couldn’t get off a 3 but Campbell took what they gave him and went for 16. Blankenship and Jarvis totaled 5 points but both big part of that awesome 2nd half defense. Nate Woodard….👏👏👏, offense not going but he made a HUGE impact on defense chasing Holbert and he was everywhere. Jacob Winters appeared to have an ankle injury but battled good minutes. Coaching staff….outstanding prep work and in game adjustments.

We’re moving on

Return to “Boys Basketball”