S

District Final: The Burg vs The Peake. Updates

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Thoughts?

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: District Final: The Burg vs The Peake

Post by bbjunky81 »

I posted something similar on a different thread but I’ll post it here too.

Burg is a slight favorite here. The one key is Ater doesn’t have good history vs Davis.

Chesapeake is wayyyyyy smaller than Burg but they play HARD and are disciplined. I think Burg is the better team with better athletes but Blankenship will be the best basketball player on the floor.

Peake’s kids will be in the right spots and take Burg’s strength away. I still think Burg wins by 4-5.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Will Burg slow it down again? Should be a good match up.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I’m going with the guards of Chesapeake

Both GREAT coaches. I’m not sure Burg has enough offense to beat Peake and not sure Burg can hold Peake under 50

But go ahead and play this one

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Chesapeake might be small but they are scrappy. I think burg will want to use their size advantage and work it inside. Burg needs to take care of ball. The panthers like to steal and get quick shots in transition. If burg doesn’t turn it over that much, they can win this one.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

I’ll take Burg...there just something different about those kids. The more you tell them they can’t, the more dangerous they become.*

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Both teams appear to be playing their best ball of the year. I'm with Art on this one too.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

This is Wheelersburg’s 33rd Appearance in District play all time, with an opportunity to win their 20th District Championship. If I’m not mistaken, this is their 4th District Championship appearance within a 5 year span.

Chesapeake is making at least their 8th appearance in District play since 2006.

Both are well coached, play hard, and know what it takes to win a big game.

If Wheelersburg is going to win, it’s going to have to be a slug fest. First team to 45 wins.

If the tempo is higher paced and Chesapeake is able to run more often than running a half court game every possession, it favors them.

This should be a really good game.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Having watched both teams from the scorer’s table yesterday, I think the game is a toss up. I think which ever team can get the other to play their style and tempo wins. Should be a great district final.

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

Blankenship is one of the best players in the SE District and he continues to step up in big games. His supporting cast seems to be playing with more and more confidence too. Chesapeake in a close one.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Both teams peaking at the right time and both playing with house money, should be an entertaining game.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Peake by 12

Not A Homer
Riding the Bench

Post by Not A Homer »

Where is this game going to be played?

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

Not A Homer wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:11 am Where is this game going to be played?
Waverly Downtown Arena on Friday 3/4 at 6:30 pm

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Wheelersburg vs Chesepeake in the District Finals is like a throwback to the old days. The only thing that will be missing are the soft green seats of the Convo. I think this could be a great game. From my viewpoint Wheelersburg is definitely the favor but Chesapeake may have one of the best coaches in southern Ohio. I believe he is the only Chesapeake coach to take a team to the Final Four. In my opinion the game will be determined by how the game is called. Wheelersburg is very physical. Chesapeake is more a spread the floor type team that is very good at that style. If the stage is too big for the officials and they swallow their whistles, I think the advantage goes to Wheelersburg. I'm looking forward to this game. Best of luck to both teams.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I think it is going to be a very good match up. Coach Davis always has his players prepared, as does Ater. Did Davis take over for Norm when he left? Or was there a coach between them? Is Davis a Chesapeake guy? I assume Burg will try to dictate tempo again like they did to Minford. Looking forward this one.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

There was a coach between Persin and Davis. One year and quit mid season. Coach Davis came from Albany, Ohio. Played ball at Kentucky Christian ans was a NAIA All-American. Coached in Indiana, then at Pebbles before Chesapeake.
Last edited by peake71 on Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Thanks for the info. I was always curious where he came from.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

peake71 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:00 pm There was a coach between Persin and Davis. One year and quit mid season. Coach Dais came from Albany, Ohio. Played ball at Kentucky Christian ans was a NAIA All-American. Coached in Indiana, then at Pebbles before Chesapeake.
The coach that quit was the coach at OU Southern in ironton (Ron something?), he left mid year I believe and their superintendent at the time took over, Sam Hall. I may be wrong about all this gentlemen, feel free to correct me if so

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

I believe it was Reed.

Return to “Boys Basketball”