Peake scoring leader.

peake71
All Conference

Peake scoring leader.

Post by peake71 »

On Saturday Levi Blankenship became the all time boys basketball scoring leader with 16 points to put him at 1460 for his career. Congratulations to a Levi an athlete and an exceptional young man.

OldHead47
Waterboy

Re: Peake scoring leader.

Post by OldHead47 »

What an accomplishment for a great basketball player! Love watching him play! Congrats to Blankenship!

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

What a great accomplishment at a school
With a huge basketball tradition. Congrats Levi, you deserve it!!!

Thebabybull
Freshman Team

Post by Thebabybull »

Congratulations Levi!!

Prince
Riding the Bench

Post by Prince »

Congrats from Tiger Town. He is fun to watch

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

What a great career for Levi.

I'm curious though, has this been confirmed that he is the leading scorer? I haven't seen anything from the school saying Levi broke the record, and to my knowledge I am not sure the Norm players stats are actually available. There were some really high scoring players under Norm, and without record I think this may not be accurate.

Regardless, fantastic accomplishment by Levi.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

peake71 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:52 am On Saturday Levi Blankenship became the all time boys basketball scoring leader with 16 points to put him at 1460 for his career. Congratulations to a Levi an athlete and an exceptional young man.
Congratulations Levi Blankenship !!! you've taken over the career scoring leader position at a school that has as great of a hoops tradition as any in SEOhio ... well done Levi - the success on the court over your entire career - outstanding ... you've joined a great group in your graduating class across SEOhio who have taken over the top spot at their respective school as the all time scoring leader - yourself, Aiden Porter (Fairland), Trey Robertson (Waverly) - well done Levi. - pfloyd

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

I spoke with Norm znd he did leave all the books. He thought that it was PJ Rase. Nathan Copley according to newspaper is who Levi passed for lead.
Norm said whoever was in lead would have to have been a starter as a freshmen.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

peake71 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:56 pm I spoke with Norm znd he did leave all the books. He thought that it was PJ Rase. Nathan Copley according to newspaper is who Levi passed for lead.
... either one of those 2 players - both who are legends in both regular season and post season lore for the Peake - great accomplishment by Levi either way ...

Happyharry
Waterboy

Post by Happyharry »

How is Davis going to post that he is the all time leading scorer for Chesapeake. That’s just how arrogant he is. There was a lot of big scorers before Davis ever graced his face at The peake. I’m not saying scoring that many ain’t an accomplishment at all because it’s great. But I’d like to see the top 5 list. There isn’t one. I bet the assist leader is from when Davis was there too and the block leader. Persin didn’t post those stats and nobody pushed the issue because nobody cared. It was team stats that he cared about. Yea see how many 1000 point guys are on the wall. Zero. Maybe Davis is just that great of a coach that he and his boys have all the records at the peake.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Happyharry get a life, you must hate Davis with a passion.
There have been a lot of great players for both Davis and Persin and all the way back to Lewis Dantoni. Davis is a great coach and so was Norm and if you look in the trophy case there are numerous allstate players that for Norm and Ryan.

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

peake71 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:56 pm I spoke with Norm znd he did leave all the books. He thought that it was PJ Rase. Nathan Copley according to newspaper is who Levi passed for lead.
If he did the current admins don't have it. To my knowledge they don't have any records prior to Davis.

Not wanting to take anything from Levi, I am not the person, just heard that admin do not have records prior to Davis. If they don't, well the record is the record and that's not Davis or Levi's fault.

Regardless, Congrats to Levi

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

Happyharry wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:47 am How is Davis going to post that he is the all time leading scorer for Chesapeake. That’s just how arrogant he is. There was a lot of big scorers before Davis ever graced his face at The peake. I’m not saying scoring that many ain’t an accomplishment at all because it’s great. But I’d like to see the top 5 list. There isn’t one. I bet the assist leader is from when Davis was there too and the block leader. Persin didn’t post those stats and nobody pushed the issue because nobody cared. It was team stats that he cared about. Yea see how many 1000 point guys are on the wall. Zero. Maybe Davis is just that great of a coach that he and his boys have all the records at the peake.
The record is what the available stats say. If the peake doesn't have stats, that's not Davis or Levi's fault.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

We do know Nathan Copley's points and Levi passed that mark. If records somewhere can show us something different then please show us.
For now congratulations to Levi.

Happyharry
Waterboy

Post by Happyharry »

Peake 71 me get a life, haha. How about you get a life. You post every 12 minutes on this site. All I’m saying is a made up record is just that made up. Levi scoring that many points is great and good job to him for that but when Davis leaves and new coach comes in and the books are gone do we start the leader board again? Answer that? So in ten years they will be have this same conversation. I remember Marv Wilburn being the scoring leader. Lee Hill having the most 3’s in Chesapeake history and cannonball the most rebounds. There’s records of it somewhere. You remember any of that old peaker?

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Yes I do remember Lee Hill and Cannonball Wells known them personally for years. As far posting I am retired so have plenty of time.
If they find a different person fine, no problem. I wasnt the one who put out the story as it was the Ironton Tribune who did. Jim walker at the Tribune used to keep up with the OVC, maybe he knows the leader.

Oldfairlandjersey
Waterboy

Post by Oldfairlandjersey »

I would suggest check Sammy gue's stats as he was a 4yr starter on the 98 team that lost to Sparta highland in in the regional finals in ot bc of an incident very similar to what happened to wheelersburg against Sparta highland in 92 regional final on the same type of technical where a Sparta player lured a burg player into fight just like what happened to Chris fizer in the 98 regional final.

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

peake71 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:22 am We do know Nathan Copley's points and Levi passed that mark. If records somewhere can show us something different then please show us.
For now congratulations to Levi.
I'm with you. You have to go off what you have. Sorry, didn't mean the derail Levi's accomplishment, he's deserving and I am happy such a good kid has the record.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

No problem avalanche. I just reported what the newspaper had and a great accomplishment for any player. I have been around Peake basketball for years as I am a graduate, 1971. I have seem many great players come thru the halls and several great coaches.

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

Oldfairlandjersey wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:27 pm I would suggest check Sammy gue's stats as he was a 4yr starter on the 98 team that lost to Sparta highland in in the regional finals in ot bc of an incident very similar to what happened to wheelersburg against Sparta highland in 92 regional final on the same type of technical where a Sparta player lured a burg player into fight just like what happened to Chris fizer in the 98 regional final.
NOt sure what you're talking about?

In 98 Peake had a four point lead with just over a minute, and Fizer fouled the POY on a three which he drilled and sank the free throw. That sent the same to OT. There was no fight.

Return to “Boys Basketball”