Riding the Bench

Coaching Openings

Post by Snotnose »

List em’

ArntonFartinTiger
Riding the Bench

Re: Coaching Openings

Post by ArntonFartinTiger »

Been hereing in grapevine the Cadmus job is open…

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

I also heard that Cadmus is open as well as; Bidwell, Centerville, Cheshire, Mercerville, and Vinton. :D

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Cardington-Lincoln
Triad

I’m assuming both had great seasons to have already been posted on the OHSAA site

Union Local Kid
Riding the Bench

Post by Union Local Kid »

MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:37 pm I also heard that Cadmus is open as well as; Bidwell, Centerville, Cheshire, Mercerville, and Vinton. :D
Vinton??

Space Between
Waterboy

Post by Space Between »

Union Local Kid wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:51 pm
MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:37 pm I also heard that Cadmus is open as well as; Bidwell, Centerville, Cheshire, Mercerville, and Vinton. :D
Vinton??
What about Wilkesville?

TrueWinner
Waterboy

Post by TrueWinner »

When are some of these schools going to start letting in some new blood? There are so many great young coaches out there dying for a shot to lead these young men but these schools keep cycling in all these same old heads(respectfully) who aren’t connecting with these kids. The game is changing and high school athletics in southern Ohio are falling far behind. These kids need new innovative coaches who can teach the game in a relatable way. I hope some of these young minds get opportunities in some open positions that will pop up over the next couple months.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

I agree somewhat, but.....if it ain't broke, "leave it alone" :o

BTW, Welcome to the forum Newbie.

jose
Freshman Team

Post by jose »

TrueWinner wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:11 am When are some of these schools going to start letting in some new blood? There are so many great young coaches out there dying for a shot to lead these young men but these schools keep cycling in all these same old heads(respectfully) who aren’t connecting with these kids. The game is changing and high school athletics in southern Ohio are falling far behind. These kids need new innovative coaches who can teach the game in a relatable way. I hope some of these young minds get opportunities in some open positions that will pop up over the next couple months.
So enlighten me why these young coaches will be so much better?

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

jose wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:07 pm
TrueWinner wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:11 am When are some of these schools going to start letting in some new blood? There are so many great young coaches out there dying for a shot to lead these young men but these schools keep cycling in all these same old heads(respectfully) who aren’t connecting with these kids. The game is changing and high school athletics in southern Ohio are falling far behind. These kids need new innovative coaches who can teach the game in a relatable way. I hope some of these young minds get opportunities in some open positions that will pop up over the next couple months.
So enlighten me why these young coaches will be so much better?
Because they relate to Video games and such. Maybe they can show them how to win at Fortnite. :lol: X and O in basketball remain the same. Young coaches get with a veteran coach and Learn the ropes then maybe take over after 2-3 years. JS.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

What are we considering young? In the SOC2 7 coaches are in their 40’s or younger. Soc1 has some younger coaches too. Again, high school coaches can only do so much with the talent they have. Some of these schools need to look at their biddy and jr high programs abs develop players better.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Alls I can tell you is just keep putting your application in and at some point some school may give you a chance. If you quit trying you'll never know, right? ;)

TrueWinner
Waterboy

Post by TrueWinner »

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying all younger coaches are better than older coaches. I am more specifically referring to the number of coaches who cycle from school to school and often get more consideration than coaches who haven’t gotten opportunities yet. I get it, some coaches don’t walk into the greatest of situations which often lead to unfavorable outcomes. I just hope to see some newer, fresh minded, highly motivated coaches get some opportunities this off-season.

Union Local Kid
Riding the Bench

Space Between wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:27 am
Union Local Kid wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:51 pm
Vinton??
What about Wilkesville?
That search has been going on for 60 or so years lol.

In all seriousness, it seems like every year someone thinks Combs is leaving and I can't see why he ever would other than family reasons. And even then doesn't he have the option to bring his two boys to VC? Not to mention the nice pay he receives from VC from his several job duties. I understand home is home and sure it would be nice to reunite with former team mates such as Hoops and Miller, but again why leave?

At this rate it's probably a running joke and I just fell for it lol. :roll:

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

It says Vinton, not Vinton County! Someone listed Cadmus so I list what use to be the rest of the schools in Gallia County way the back like maybe early 50’s

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

Word from the gas house gang, that congregates at Bailey’s, is that Franklin Furnace Green is open.

Gator B Long
Freshman Team

Post by Gator B Long »

Did Franklin Furnace Green coach resign or terminated?

Union Local Kid
Riding the Bench

MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:18 pm It says Vinton, not Vinton County! Someone listed Cadmus so I list what use to be the rest of the schools in Gallia County way the back like maybe early 50’s
Yep, you are more than likely correct....

Snotnose
Riding the Bench

Post by Snotnose »

Any more news?

Benchhugger
Waterboy

Post by Benchhugger »

I heard from board members Green coach resigned..

Return to “Boys Basketball”