Coaching Openings

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Re: Coaching Openings

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

So eastern hasn’t been that good ina few years and now y’all are calling to jump ship.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:06 pm So eastern hasn’t been that good ina few years and now y’all are calling to jump ship.
I think it's more of a calling to jump to a conference they belong in.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

baseball16 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:09 am Whoever in Eastern School district agreed to them moving up in SOC 2 in all sports except football, should be Fired on the spot. :D They should be SOC1 at best.
One of the people responsible for that has retired this year, this is what happens when you think you want your kid to play against better competition. Outside of football all other sports at Eastern were disregarded by making this decision especially coming off the heals of losing a senior heavy basketball team and then making the jump.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Tigernation2021 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:03 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:06 pm So eastern hasn’t been that good ina few years and now y’all are calling to jump ship.
Enrollment numbers they belong in SOC2

Tigernation2021
Varsity

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:08 pm
Tigernation2021 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:03 pm
Enrollment numbers they belong in SOC2
They do?? They've got less numbers than Western should they move up?? I'm hoping you're not one of those but the numbers say this, yeah well what does the wins/slash even being competitive since the move up say?? When a team is still taking 15 plus point losses throughout conference play with a team that starts I believe they had 4 seniors in the starting lineup it's pretty obvious they don't belong there. Let a lone what it's done to their other sports on top of that.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

What’s it been three years now?

Maybe they just aren’t very good for awhile. Oak hill is going through it.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:28 pm What’s it been three years now?

Maybe they just aren’t very good for awhile. Oak hill is going through it.
Exactly right, they weren't setup to be very good for a LONG while when they made the jump. Yeah Oak Hill is learning the hard way as well there's a difference in 1 and 2 play. So based on numbers should Western move up if that's the criteria?

bobcats94
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcats94 »

No one in the SOC I was complaining that Eastern was too big and needed to go to the SOC II, unlike the way I have heard people talk about Unioto in the SVC. I don't recall anytime in the past 15 years Eastern dominated the SOC I the way Unioto has dominated the SVC with the exception of volleyball years ago. With all that being said, Eastern kind of shot themselves in the foot which makes no sense to me or a lot of people. They had an advantage being in the SOC I but most years were always given good games by the other top 2-3 teams in the league, pretty ideal situation right? I would understand if they were blowing everyone out nightly and won 10 straight league titles but not the case. I remember no time in the past 20 years that Eastern would've won the SOC II. (00's Burg,Webster, Oak Hill/ 10's Waverly, Valley, Burg, Oak Hill, Minford / 20s Waverly, Minford, Valley, Webster. My point about coaching was why in the world would a coach want to come into a program knowing they most likely will never win a league title. Unless it is a prideful Eagle Fan not willing to acknowledge that they can't run with the big dogs, the first thing a coach that takes this job will being doing is going to the super/school board on how they can get out of the SOC II.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Barrack specifically told them To not join SOC 2 and is the primary reason he moved on.

Paladine
Waterboy

Post by Paladine »

Ukfanatic wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:48 am Barrack specifically told them To not join SOC 2 and is the primary reason he moved on.
Just like SEO to be afraid of a little competition. Seems to be the cornerstone of their mindset.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Any word on the Waverly opening?? I know of a couple coaches they were interested, don't see them being able to land either of them though, just been quiet on here as far as that opening goes.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Paladine wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:09 pm
Ukfanatic wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:48 am Barrack specifically told them To not join SOC 2 and is the primary reason he moved on.
Just like SEO to be afraid of a little competition. Seems to be the cornerstone of their mindset.
This is exactly what happened. Barrick told people he would never step foot in Wheelersburg’s Gym again, which was a lie because he coached AAU there.

The Superintendent at Eastern pushed for them to go to the SOCII. At the time it looked like they had a loaded class coming up. That fell through after Barrick left and kids transferred.

Barrick is a trophy chaser. Green looks to be talented with good seniors and the best big guy around to run his offense through. He will be one and done

Norman Knight
Riding the Bench

Post by Norman Knight »

Ryan Davis from Chesapeake headed to Bloom Carroll per Thomas Wilson of Lancaster Eagle-Gazette.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

That is a big loss for Chesapeake and a great addition for Bloom-Carroll! He is a proven winner! B-C is a good all around school and I’m sure Coach Davis will do a fantastic job there. Best of luck to Coach Davis and his family.

Gator B Long
Freshman Team

Post by Gator B Long »

Tremendous coach. Will be GREATLY missed at Peake. Don’t know what you got til it’s gone.

Rza1
Freshman Team

Post by Rza1 »

Gator B Long wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:07 pm Tremendous coach. Will be GREATLY missed at Peake. Don’t know what you got til it’s gone.
Word... hope he gets the respect that he deserves.. I've never seen a coach do more with less...and I understand that he resigned an wasn't let go but there was a gentle nudge by the all knowing mommy's and daddy's. So congratulations if you were on the never Davis team.. This will be looked back upon as one of the biggest losses in Chesapeake athletics history.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

The Board should really think hard about who they hire to replace Coach Davis. I have heard somes names that they dont want, the support would not be there.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Wow. Didn’t see Davis leaving

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:28 am
Paladine wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:09 pm
This is exactly what happened. Barrick told people he would never step foot in Wheelersburg’s Gym again, which was a lie because he coached AAU there.

The Superintendent at Eastern pushed for them to go to the SOCII. At the time it looked like they had a loaded class coming up. That fell through after Barrick left and kids transferred.

Barrick is a trophy chaser. Green looks to be talented with good seniors and the best big guy around to run his offense through. He will be one and done
Yeah and now Green has 2 guys that were being banked on by Eastern with the 2 McBee brothers.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Rza1 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:35 pm
Gator B Long wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:07 pm Tremendous coach. Will be GREATLY missed at Peake. Don’t know what you got til it’s gone.
Word... hope he gets the respect that he deserves.. I've never seen a coach do more with less...and I understand that he resigned an wasn't let go but there was a gentle nudge by the all knowing mommy's and daddy's. So congratulations if you were on the never Davis team.. This will be looked back upon as one of the biggest losses in Chesapeake athletics history.
. Here’s the deal people. Many of these schools have No one on the board or in Administration who have kids in many of these programs. Thus, they give 2 sh@its who they hire. A few who do, usually are clueless. Going out and getting the best head coach or a successful assistant are generally gone. Sad. Good luck all 👍

Return to “Boys Basketball”