D3 Regional Semifinal: Fairland vs Africentric

CAT22
Riding the Bench

D3 Regional Semifinal: Fairland vs Africentric

Post by CAT22 »

With fairlands win over south point they claim yet another district title and move on to regionals at the convo. Who wins this matchup, the dragons or the Nubians?

art_vandelay
SE

Re: Regional Semifinal: Fairland vs Africentric

Post by art_vandelay »

Don’t know who wins, but I know who I’m rooting for: let’s go Dragons!*

Wffan
JV Team

Post by Wffan »

This wont be close. Africentric 72-35

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

David vs Goliath

But regardless, we are proud of Fairland and hoping for the upset

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

I'm all for southern Ohio and what she offers. Best wishes to Fairland.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Good luck fairland. Is africentric as good as years past?

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Afrocentric by 15

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Not as good as usual. Huntington WV beat them by 10. Huntington has a losing record in WV. It's not David vs Goliath. SP handled Huntington pretty easy. Can't always compare scores though. I think Fairland beat Huntington high also. A real David vs Goliath was Pickerington Central pounding Africentric by 30 plus. David didn't fair to well. No need to add drama and make it like Fairland has no chance. HEADLINES: Speedo performs a miracle Coaching job to up end the highly touted and unbeatable Africentric ball club!!!!!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Attachments
0611515B-A35D-48F9-8CA3-7EC23F20B35A.jpeg

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

Africentric will run them out of the gym.

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Mr. Wonderful is right, the Nubians aren’t as good as usual. I think they still win by 5-7. Fairland has a chance in this one. They are the underdogs but it’s winnable.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Fairland by 5

allOhiotraveler
Freshman Team

Post by allOhiotraveler »

Dailyn Swain is the player to watch for Africentric. He is a 4 star recruit junior and ranked as high as the #67 player in the country by 24/7. 6'6 small forward and looks to be leaning towards committing to the buckeyes after they offered him in December. As far as I know, he is one ferocious defender and will be looking to put the clamps on whoever he guards.

Goodluck to the dragons! Teams advance at this point in the tourney, not individuals.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Good luck Dragons in your game against Africentric.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Good luck fairland.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Agree with above posts.. Africentric is good, but they're not the loaded Africentric team we've grown accustomed to.

The key will be --- Is Fairland able to handle their pressure? If Fairland can do that and make it a half court game I like their odds here. If they turn the ball over and give the Nubians layups then it'll be a long night. I think it'll be a tight game and I'm rooting for the Dragons of Fairland

Watching SE Ohio basketball
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: D3 Regional Semifinal: Fairland vs Africentric

Post by pfloyd »

Obviously I'm pulling for Coach Speed & Co. vs Africentric ... probably underdogs in this one as are most of our SEOhio teams when we get to the regionals - it's WHY the C'bus schools CHOOSE to come to the SE regional - they view us as a "bump in the road" to getting to The Show ... think about what Fairland has done THIS season! replaced 4 of 5 starters from last year's outstanding district team and regional team from the year prior to that !!! they picked up another OVC title, have won the district, BACK TO THE REGIONALS at the Convo with now 4 starters who WILL RETURN NEXT SEASON for Coach Speed ... I've been a fan of the Dragons going back to the Evan Salyers years when he roamed the paint for the Dragons - something about solid D, fundamentals, a transition game, three point shooting, Princeton type offense with backdoor cuts, interior passing - my kind of basketball ... pfloyd wishes them the best !!!

Dragonguy13
Freshman Team

Post by Dragonguy13 »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:28 pm Obviously I'm pulling for Coach Speed & Co. vs Africentric ... probably underdogs in this one as are most of our SEOhio teams when we get to the regionals - it's WHY the C'bus schools CHOOSE to come to the SE regional - they view us as a "bump in the road" to getting to The Show ... think about what Fairland has done THIS season! replaced 4 of 5 starters from last year's outstanding district team and regional team from the year prior to that !!! they picked up another OVC title, have won the district, BACK TO THE REGIONALS at the Convo with now 4 starters who WILL RETURN NEXT SEASON for Coach Speed ... I've been a fan of the Dragons going back to the Evan Salyers years when he roamed the paint for the Dragons - something about solid D, fundamentals, a transition game, three point shooting, Princeton type offense with backdoor cuts, interior passing - my kind of basketball ... pfloyd wishes them the best !!!
Well said pfloyd! After losing 4 starters and the first 2 guys off the bench, nobody had the Dragons winning the OVC, and definitely not getting to regionals. It’s a next man up attitude led by a great group of coaches. These boys have earned everything they have gotten this year. Once again they are the underdogs and rightfully so but they’ll be fighting! I look forward to the game and many more great seasons from this young group!

Wffan
JV Team

Post by Wffan »

Not as good as usual? 22-5 Beat Bishop Ready, Beechcroft, Dublin Coffin, split with walnut ridge. Lost to pick central, hilliard bradley, walnut ridge, Huntington wv, huber heights wayne by 3.

Come on.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I think people are just meaning Africentric isn't loaded with college D1/D2 caliber athletes like years past. Still a good team, I get it, but not as loaded athletically as years past maybe?

Return to “Boys Basketball”