D2 Regional Semi Waverly (1 Seed) vs McClain (2 Seed)

Pol pot
SE

Re: D2 Regional Semi Waverly (1 Seed) vs McClain (2 Seed)

Post by Pol pot »

AnkleBraces wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:53 pm Was weird to see SE crew on this game. I thought they did well but game was called tight. Western game nothing was called. Would be nice to reach a consistency.
Western game was a different game and both were called consistently. That’s good officiating. Not every game is played the same way, as long as the officiating is consistent during the game (it was), that’s all you can ask.

The original poster obviously has a personal axe to grind, probably because he didn’t get selected to work this game.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

smurray wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:56 am
Ironman92 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:36 pm I feel to blame for updating in the wrong thread 😁…but dumb that it was stickied.

Why should SE district refs get to do a regional final? How’s it mess up any integrity? Does it really matter if a ref from Washington CH does a game with a team from Marietta? I mean if it was smurray doing the game I’d cry with you a bit but not if he did a pretty good job. State games are next week…..should they use refs from out of state?

I don’t think Heath played well or smart on offense. They were great on defense but the 6’5 guy never coming close on 26 foot 3’s and the one time he drove in he torched the defender and an easy assist.

Refs did fine
The key is smurray wouldn’t be officiating it or ANY game LOL.
You must have missed SE Refs doing the Regional Semi-Final too? Or the East doing the DIII Final.

Buckeye1972
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye1972 »

I watched a lot of tournament basketball this year. With very few exceptions, the Southeast District Officials did a great job. The men and women who worked the games were exceptional. Yes, I am an official but also a fan of basketball and see no need to apoligize for their efforts. The OHSAA tells them what games they will work in the Regionals and State. Officials should be judged on their ability - not their location.

Return to “Boys Basketball”