D2 Regional Semi Waverly (1 Seed) vs McClain (2 Seed)

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Re: D2 Regional Semi Waverly (1 Seed) vs McClain (2 Seed)

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

I definitely saw calls that we got and shouldn’t have, but I saw it the other way as well. Do you really think this game was decided by the refs? I think it was decided by a team that continued to shoot the three, when they shouldn’t have shot it outside of three….feet.

Macnotpc
Waterboy

Post by Macnotpc »

I never once said the game was determined by the officials. Heath could’ve won by twenty and I’d say the same thing. Everyone replying about the job the officials did is missing my point. Regardless of outcome, it is unethical for a Southeast District crew to be doing that game. They should’ve not been put on it and quite frankly should’ve declined it when asked. Especially one of the 3 but really all of them. They were putting themselves in a bad situation agreeing to do that game. Whoever assigned that crew should at least explain why that happened. I have literally never seen that in 20 years of watching regional basketball.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Macnotpc wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:41 pm I never once said the game was determined by the officials. Heath could’ve won by twenty and I’d say the same thing. Everyone replying about the job the officials did is missing my point. Regardless of outcome, it is unethical for a Southeast District crew to be doing that game. They should’ve not been put on it and quite frankly should’ve declined it when asked. Especially one of the 3 but really all of them. They were putting themselves in a bad situation agreeing to do that game. Whoever assigned that crew should at least explain why that happened. I have literally never seen that in 20 years of watching regional basketball.
Then you’ve not watched much regional basketball. One of those three works in Columbus more than he does SE Ohio.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Macnotpc wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:41 pm I never once said the game was determined by the officials. Heath could’ve won by twenty and I’d say the same thing. Everyone replying about the job the officials did is missing my point. Regardless of outcome, it is unethical for a Southeast District crew to be doing that game. They should’ve not been put on it and quite frankly should’ve declined it when asked. Especially one of the 3 but really all of them. They were putting themselves in a bad situation agreeing to do that game. Whoever assigned that crew should at least explain why that happened. I have literally never seen that in 20 years of watching regional basketball.
Can’t say anything about refs in here. 90% of the posters are officials and of those 90% none of them have ever made a bad call or seen another official make a bad call

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Macnotpc wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:06 pm unbelievable to see a SE district officiating crew on this game in a regional. Not supposed to have a crew from either teams district.
Maybe Carr can get one more offensive foul call in.
Curious if you can present that in a written rule somewhere.

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

Let me help all of you bitchers out! The State assigns all games for ALL regionals and state games!

justindavis
Waterboy

Post by justindavis »

mlittle wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:08 pm
Can’t say anything about refs in here. 90% of the posters are officials and of those 90% none of them have ever made a bad call or seen another official make a bad call
And 90% of the complainers of officials don’t have the cojones to referee, especially at that high of a level. And/or can’t run up and down the floor. Everyone is an expert from their nice comfy seats.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

clevelandbrowns#1 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:05 pm Let me help all of you bitchers out! The State assigns all games for ALL regionals and state games!
😂😂😂

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

justindavis wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:16 pm
mlittle wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:08 pm
And 90% of the complainers of officials don’t have the cojones to referee, especially at that high of a level. And/or can’t run up and down the floor. Everyone is an expert from their nice comfy seats.
Bro 90% of refs now can’t run up and down the court 😂😂😂

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

clevelandbrowns#1 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:05 pm Let me help all of you bitchers out! The State assigns all games for ALL regionals and state games!
Just so you know. I put you in the 10%

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Macnotpc wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:06 pm unbelievable to see a SE district officiating crew on this game in a regional. Not supposed to have a crew from either teams district.
Maybe if Carr had not dropped the shoulder and attacked the paint he wouldn't have collected the offensive foul that was called all game long. Learn what the officials are calling and run your offense in response. Poor coaching by Heath in my opinion. Time outs were available for them I think. Set up plays to get 5 foot shots instead of throwing up threes.

AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Post by AnkleBraces »

Was weird to see SE crew on this game. I thought they did well but game was called tight. Western game nothing was called. Would be nice to reach a consistency.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Why plural?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Hoopie74 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:33 pm
Maybe if Carr had not dropped the shoulder and attacked the paint he wouldn't have collected the offensive foul that was called all game long. Learn what the officials are calling and run your offense in response. Poor coaching by Heath in my opinion. Time outs were available for them I think. Set up plays to get 5 foot shots instead of throwing up threes.
This

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I feel to blame for updating in the wrong thread 😁…but dumb that it was stickied.

Why should SE district refs get to do a regional final? How’s it mess up any integrity? Does it really matter if a ref from Washington CH does a game with a team from Marietta? I mean if it was smurray doing the game I’d cry with you a bit but not if he did a pretty good job. State games are next week…..should they use refs from out of state?

I don’t think Heath played well or smart on offense. They were great on defense but the 6’5 guy never coming close on 26 foot 3’s and the one time he drove in he torched the defender and an easy assist.

Refs did fine

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:36 pm I feel to blame for updating in the wrong thread 😁…but dumb that it was stickied.

Why should SE district refs get to do a regional final? How’s it mess up any integrity? Does it really matter if a ref from Washington CH does a game with a team from Marietta? I mean if it was smurray doing the game I’d cry with you a bit but not if he did a pretty good job. State games are next week…..should they use refs from out of state?

I don’t think Heath played well or smart on offense. They were great on defense but the 6’5 guy never coming close on 26 foot 3’s and the one time he drove in he torched the defender and an easy assist.

Refs did fine
I thought the refs did fine as well

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Heath is better, but waverly earned their trip to Dayton. Good luck.

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

E High wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:31 am Heath is better, but waverly earned their trip to Dayton. Good luck.
How are they better? If they were better, they’d be playing in Dayton next week. Do they have more size? Do they pass the eye test? Sure. But, all that gets you is a good seat for next weeks’ games. Saying they were better is bull crap and it minimizes what we accomplished. You can’t just say that and then throw in “we earned it”….every team that advances earns it.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

E High wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:31 am Heath is better, but waverly earned their trip to Dayton. Good luck.
Heath is better because they were bigger? Waverly was the better TEAM! Waverly with another poor shooting night in the CONVO and still figured out a way to win. Coaching goes into which team is better and I don’t think there was a question about this one. Waverly with the better coach and best player and a tremendous supporting cast.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:36 pm I feel to blame for updating in the wrong thread 😁…but dumb that it was stickied.

Refs did fine
The key is smurray wouldn’t be officiating it or ANY game LOL.

Return to “Boys Basketball”