Wellston Basketball

3rd String
Freshman Team

Wellston Basketball

Post by 3rd String »

What's going on in Wellston? Rumor's are flying around. The rockets have been around .500 the last two seasons with their new head coach, prior to that had won 6 games, 3 games. Looks like things are going in the right direction.

vcgrad
All Conference

Re: Wellston Basketball

Post by vcgrad »

The board Knows best-- they will mess it up-- just give them time.

Space Between
Waterboy

Post by Space Between »

If you didn't know any better, you would think that Wellston enjoys losing. Who in the world would want to coach there....

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

You have no support-- they have lost a lot of kids over the years--- that went else where because of their programs!!!! If you have kids there that play sports---get them out!!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Are they getting rid of the coach? From the outside that seems kinda crazy.

3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

I agree it would not benefit the program at all. Im not sure if they are or not. May just be rumors, but its been said by 3-4 people who are not in the same circles. I hope it is just rumors.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

If they change --get someone that has some experience-- I seen this year at VC they lost ---they should have won the game---but the coach had no idea what to do----so sad --the kids played hard.

3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

So what would you have done to beat Vinton County? You watched 1 game and because you don't agree with their game plan, or what ever they chose to do at the end. Its sad, and time for a more a more experienced coach. One could wonder, IF Wellston had done something different at the end of the game, then wouldn't have Coach Combs adjusted and done something different as well. If wellston wins the game, does VC need a younger coach?

3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

I watched both teams play several times this season. I feel that wellston had the best player, and VC had the better team

Return to “Boys Basketball”