TANNER HOLDEN... 2022 NCAA Tourny

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

TANNER HOLDEN... 2022 NCAA Tourny

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Wright State and former Wheelersburg player Tanner Holden take on Northern KY tonight for a chance to go to the Big Dance, the NCAA championship!!!!

7PM on ESPN, the mother ship!!!!!!

Kicker.
All Conference

Re: Wright State vs. Northern KY-Horizon league championship

Post by Kicker. »

Best of luck the young man and the raiders. Anyone from southern ohio who has gotten the chance to play at the next level I will always root for

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

I loved rooting against him in HS (for the rivalry aspect) while in the pep section but have been following his games this year and he has been playing lights out! Good luck to him and the Raiders in this upcoming conference ship game.

Tanner is what, roughly 20th in the nation right now in D1 for PPG? Amazing stat!

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

On my way there now!!
Raider up!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

He’s been tremendous at the next level. Hoping for a win and a berth

mattash
Site Admin

Re: TANNER HOLDEN... LETS GO Wright State vs. Northern KY-Horizon league championship

Post by mattash »

come on Wright State

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
TigerBob
All Conference

Re: TANNER HOLDEN... LETS GO Wright State vs. Northern KY-Horizon league championship

Post by TigerBob »

Awesome close out from Holden on final play to seal it.

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

Congrats to Wright State and Holden!! Going dancing!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Nice win

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Butter!!!

benchcoach
Waterboy

Post by benchcoach »

Awesome for tanner! Who was last kid from SEO to participate in the “Big Dance”

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

benchcoach wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:11 pm Awesome for tanner! Who was last kid from SEO to participate in the “Big Dance”
Loveday for Baylor last year Champs

He never dance much but was on team

He started his high school career at Gallia Academy before going to Huntington Prep

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Boom 💥

What a fun finish!

Holden all over the shooter that missed the game winning attempt

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

BUTTER!!
Attachments
5C8B2D15-E445-431A-BF3B-BADA7342F8AD.png

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Really sweet. Can't wait to root for them in the tournament

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

benchcoach wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:11 pm Awesome for tanner! Who was last kid from SEO to participate in the “Big Dance”
Besides Loveday already mention, I'm pretty sure Burleson from Wheelersburg made the NCAA tournament with Wright State his senior year. Then possibly Dante Jackson from Greenfield with Xavier? Also, there was Thoroughman from Clay that played at WVU. Pretty sure they made the NCAA tournament when he played. I could be wrong on those. I don't think Waginger and Western Carolina ever made it to the NCAA tournament.

Brandon Noel originally played at valley then transferred to Chillicothe is also on the team at Wright State currently.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Always love to mention Tre Beard in these conversations. He’s playing NAIA at Shawnee but they won a National title last year and he played a part in that. It’s not the big dance but winning an NAIA National title is a pretty big freaking deal.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Yes it is, forgot about Tre, I work with his uncle. Years ago, Tyler Evans from Logam Elm? i think? Won a D3 national title with the university of Findlay. Any player playing at the next level is an accomplishment.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I think Colt Chapman of Jackson was a National Championship NAIA with Pikeville around 2015.

Thoroughman was the 6 man I think on WVU and I think made elite 8 but if not sweet 16….totally different role than high school.

Dante definitely with Xavier and I believe elite 8 and seemed like he hit a huge corner shot to get them there.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

yeah, thoroughman was def a different player in high school. had some knee problems and gained some weight in college.

Return to “Boys Basketball”