TANNER HOLDEN... 2022 NCAA Tourny

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: TANNER HOLDEN... 2022 NCAA Tourny

Post by Bleeding Red »

Could definitely see Holden take advantage of his covid year and transfer to a bigger program

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:40 pm Could definitely see Holden take advantage of his covid year and transfer to a bigger program
He’s got 2 years left if he does that. As a Wright State alum, I hope he doesn’t, but it would make sense if he does.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

He’s entered the portal….wonder if an OSU/UK/Purdue are interested?

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Holden is good, but if he ends up somewhere big I think it’s a mistake. He was Wright States best player this season, and would be again next season. Could even be Horizon league player of the year. I think if he ends up at a big D1 school he won’t play a ton. Arizona had him looking lost out there. He seemed very timid, and slow that game. Maybe it was just a bad game. But I think him leaning may be a bad decision. I hope I’m wrong. I’d love to see him go be an absolute stud anywhere.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Absolute no brainer here from Tanner, as I’m guessing Wright State would welcome him back if he can’t find a better landing spot.

Bottom line is he can score, guard, and rebound at a high level in D1. Guessing that plays everywhere. Not saying he would be the best player on every power 5 team, but he would earn minutes.

Good luck to him!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Wonder how much of his decision was made based on Basile transferring as well. He's a solid player with Wright State and if he's transferring hopefully it's a long those same lines he's not going to end up at one of the big D1 but that's ok though. He struggled against Arizona and it just sort of shows the difference in overall play vs big D1 to a mid-range D1. I could see him at an Xavier or Cincinnati type D1.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

For everyone mentioning that he struggled vs. Arizona (and he did), let's keep in mind he just dropped 37 in the game before and Arizona's defensive game plan was to take him away. They did a great job of it. That'll change when he's at a bigger program and you can't focus in on just one guy as much.

Maybe he can't play at the Duke/UNC's of the world, but he's still got plenty of talent at fairly high D1's. Ohio State makes a ton of sense with the loss of Liddell and presumably Branham to the draft and Young/Ahrens/Sueing/Wheeler/Towns/Russell to graduation. There is a huge hole to fill at basically all positions and he would be a great choice for them.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:15 am For everyone mentioning that he struggled vs. Arizona (and he did), let's keep in mind he just dropped 37 in the game before and Arizona's defensive game plan was to take him away. They did a great job of it. That'll change when he's at a bigger program and you can't focus in on just one guy as much.

Maybe he can't play at the Duke/UNC's of the world, but he's still got plenty of talent at fairly high D1's. Ohio State makes a ton of sense with the loss of Liddell and presumably Branham to the draft and Young/Ahrens/Sueing/Wheeler/Towns/Russell to graduation. There is a huge hole to fill at basically all positions and he would be a great choice for them.
Not sure he could hold up against the physical play of B1G forwards. I’d like to see him in Columbus though that would be cool. I hope Sueing returns though, he and Towns both can if they want to. I hope to see Holden at Cincinnati, Xavier, Dayton, Marshall, Butler, WVU. Somewhere close to home bigger than Wright State so I can watch him more often on TV.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I saw something about UNC

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

The kid can really play. He wouldn’t be the 1/1a option at a bigger school like he was at Wright State, but he still could be a double figure scorer at a lot of schools.

Being surrounded by a greater depth of players would make him better too. Giving him a chance to develop for when he plays after college as well.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

He just committed to Ohio State.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:15 am For everyone mentioning that he struggled vs. Arizona (and he did), let's keep in mind he just dropped 37 in the game before and Arizona's defensive game plan was to take him away. They did a great job of it. That'll change when he's at a bigger program and you can't focus in on just one guy as much.

And there you go. GREAT get for OSU! Happy for him also!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

coop wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:47 pm He just committed to Ohio State.
Justt seen that and looks like OSU is going to have position and playing time available glad I get to watch him a lot more. Good Luck to the young man

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Awesome to see a local kid will be playing for the Buckeyes. Should definitely see a good bit of action, good scorer.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Good for tanner

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

FPXO9n-WQAY837R.jpg

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

Very happy for Tanner and excited for his future!

Return to “Boys Basketball”