Western vs Hiland REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Re: Western vs Hiland REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I have nothing but respect for Western’s effort tonight!! I thought Hiland was 10-12 pts better than Western after watching the semi’s. I know the game finished 10 pts. but it was not a 10 pt game until the final buzzer.

As somebody mention I think the experience of Hiland being there before really showed in the 4th Qter. But give Western credit they were right there!! Congrats on a great season! Western’s seniors were outstanding down the stretch! Best of luck in your future endeavors!

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Dang! Congratulations Western you worked hard and played team ball to the end. Tough night,but; Hiland once again had a great game plan.Good luck Hawks and I do believe there are some monsters at state this year in D4.
Take a few weeks off and prepare for next year Indians. Work hard and anything can happen.
Last edited by Hoopie74 on Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Congrats on a very successful season, western

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:31 pm
a_c_m wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:54 pm
Tomcat Queen wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:55 pm I have to admit that Western Brown is a pretty good team. That coach must be pretty good to cause we couldn't out coach him like everyone else we played this year. I hope they win the state. Go WB!
It's Latham Western out of Pike Co. There is a Western Brown that is a much bigger school and they go thru the Cincinnati region. Good Luck to the Western Pike Indians!
He’s trolling

It’s SHE! If you ain’t carful I will write about myssogynostic attitude. The future is female.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Post by AnkleBraces »

Indians must commit to the weight room in the off-season. I think that was the biggest difference tonight. A very physical game on both sides.

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

AnkleBraces wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:31 am Indians must commit to the weight room in the off-season. I think that was the biggest difference tonight. A very physical game on both sides.
It certainly was physical, and you’re right, the Indians need to continue to get better in that aspect. They lose a TON, but they also have a nice core coming back in Carter, Haggy, and Janes.

Seofanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by Seofanatic »

oldschoolqb13 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:00 am
AnkleBraces wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:31 am Indians must commit to the weight room in the off-season. I think that was the biggest difference tonight. A very physical game on both sides.
It certainly was physical, and you’re right, the Indians need to continue to get better in that aspect. They lose a TON, but they also have a nice core coming back in Carter, Haggy, and Janes.
Those seniors will definitely be missed but the future remains bright. They have several returning players who logged a lot of minutes and I believe, a good group of incoming Freshman. It doesn't hurt having one of the best coaching staffs in Southern Ohio.

AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Post by AnkleBraces »

[media][/media]
Seofanatic wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:00 pm

Those seniors will definitely be missed but the future remains bright. They have several returning players who logged a lot of minutes and I believe, a good group of incoming Freshman. It doesn't hurt having one of the best coaching staffs in Southern Ohio.
Western staff is overrated.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

AnkleBraces wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:54 pm [media][/media]

Everyone but Doug

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

Western had a great season. But hopefully this is a reality check for all those Thimble fans who predicted Howdee was going to take them to the state tournament and shows them how far off they really are. :shock:

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Post by N2Hoops »

mlittle wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:58 pm

Everyone but Doug
Jimison, Buckler, McCleod, and Opperman are all solid and Doug will be the first to tell you that I am sure.

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

N2Hoops wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:56 am

Everyone but Doug
Jimison, Buckler, McCleod, and Opperman are all solid and Doug will be the first to tell you that I am sure.
I'm guessing they don't have a bunch of daddy coaches either like the team they beat in the district finals. Just sayin. :o

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

N2Hoops wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:56 am

Everyone but Doug
Was a joke. I know their staff is solid. If I was to name a weak link it would definitely be Buckler. He needs to stick to being an average golfer.

Pitstop Billy
Freshman Team

Post by Pitstop Billy »

Calvin wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:45 am Western had a great season. But hopefully this is a reality check for all those Thimble fans who predicted Howdee was going to take them to the state tournament and shows them how far off they really are. :shock:
Yeah because Western spanked Howdy and then got housed by Hiland, who then got their assses spanked in the state semi's. Howdy had no chance as the talent and coaching only gets better the further you go in the tourney.

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

Howie should learn how to not take home 2 timeouts in the 2015 Regional Semi. He had Africentric beat and just went brain neutral the final minute and blew a 5 point lead.

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

SWJeeps22 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:16 pm Howie should learn how to not take home 2 timeouts in the 2015 Regional Semi. He had Africentric beat and just went brain neutral the final minute and blew a 5 point lead.
Howie just got the gift of a lifetime. Some relatives of ours just moved back home to Glouster from New Mexico after retiring from the military. They have two sons, one a 6'6'' junior all state, and the other a 6'5" sophomore all conference all district. Phil will love having them as TE's/DE's on the football team as well as they started both ways and have made the playoffs the past two years. How do Howie and Phil get so lucky with all the move-ins they've benefitted over the years? Gotta be the luckiest coaches in Ohio.

You do realize this is April 1st and all that comes with it, right. :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

koondoger wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:14 pm
SWJeeps22 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:16 pm Howie should learn how to not take home 2 timeouts in the 2015 Regional Semi. He had Africentric beat and just went brain neutral the final minute and blew a 5 point lead.
Howie just got the gift of a lifetime. Some relatives of ours just moved back home to Glouster from New Mexico after retiring from the military. They have two sons, one a 6'6'' junior all state, and the other a 6'5" sophomore all conference all district. Phil will love having them as TE's/DE's on the football team as well as they started both ways and have made the playoffs the past two years. How do Howie and Phil get so lucky with all the move-ins they've benefitted over the years? Gotta be the luckiest coaches in Ohio.

I heard this too. They are a couple Ukrainian kids that crossed the border. I remember when Coach Derrow got those Russian kids and made that deep tourney run with them. More of the same for Howzee I guess

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

But I am sure Western Brown will have an answer for them.

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

Wellston Ironman wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:23 pm But I am sure Western Brown will have an answer for them.
I was shocked to see Brown in D4. Their enrollment must have dropped off a bunch. Was thinking they probably split into two high schools and the one that beat Trimble kept the best basketball players and the coach. Am I very far off on this?

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

Wellston Ironman wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:22 pm
koondoger wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:14 pm

I heard this too. They are a couple Ukrainian kids that crossed the border. I remember when Coach Derrow got those Russian kids and made that deep tourney run with them. More of the same for Howzee I guess
I wondered how long it would be before someone jumped on this. :lol:

Return to “Boys Basketball”