Western vs Hiland REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Re: Western vs Hiland REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

Post by a_c_m »

Tomcat Queen wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:55 pm I have to admit that Western Brown is a pretty good team. That coach must be pretty good to cause we couldn't out coach him like everyone else we played this year. I hope they win the state. Go WB!
It's Latham Western out of Pike Co. There is a Western Brown that is a much bigger school and they go thru the Cincinnati region. Good Luck to the Western Pike Indians!

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

a_c_m wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:54 pm
Tomcat Queen wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:55 pm I have to admit that Western Brown is a pretty good team. That coach must be pretty good to cause we couldn't out coach him like everyone else we played this year. I hope they win the state. Go WB!
It's Latham Western out of Pike Co. There is a Western Brown that is a much bigger school and they go thru the Cincinnati region. Good Luck to the Western Pike Indians!
He’s trolling

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

TQ is just still sore from the beating that The Indians put on them. Lol

JustAnObserver
Waterboy

Post by JustAnObserver »

icanpickem wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:17 pm
So I wonder what Newark Catholic’s strength of schedule was?
Because they are ranked 97th in the state and took Berlin Hiland to double overtime and really gave the game away. IMO. Would be interesting to see what strength of schedule really means at this point in the tournament.

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

You can only play who’s on your schedule, and everyone has underestimated this Indians team the entire way. Do so at your own peril.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:31 pm
He’s trolling
Who's trolling! I just made a correction!

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

He meant Tomcat Queen is trolling.

N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Post by N2Hoops »

Western cannot control the league they play in, but you cannot question the path they've grinded through in the tournament. Indians by 7.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

oldschoolqb13 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:59 am He meant Tomcat Queen is trolling.
This

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

a_c_m wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:27 am
Ironman92 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:31 pm

He’s trolling
Who's trolling! I just made a correction!
Relax, Tomcat Queen is trolling. They purposely put things like that to get people stirred up.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Western deserves to be right where they’re at. This wasn’t luck they’re 24-2 and have beat the best their has been in-front of them in the 1,2 and 5 seed. All year they’ve been told you can’t beat Valley, Trimble, and Fed Hock. That’s the 3 teams they beat to get where they’re at now.

I like them to win again tonight.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

DEFENSE travels from court to court, game to game ... the Western Pike TEAM has shown THAT D every game - it comes from knowing the game, knowing your roles in the D ... the rotation in the paint when the ball comes into the paint, when there is penetration, the communication has been outstanding ... Western hasn't shown the perimeter scoring YET at the Convo - have to adjust to that 3 point "double" line as Mr. Whitt has done for the Indians ... I feel the WHS ATTACK offense and the ATTACK D will come together tonight at the Convo ... I ALWAYS go with the best TEAM - I'm going with Western Pike in this one ... when I first saw the shirts (ATTACK on the back of the warmups) at North Adams, then watched Coach William's Indians play (in person) - the ATTACK shirts fit - "like a glove" - 32 minutes of pressure/94 ft at BOTH ends of the floor - ATTACK the paint offensively, ATTACK (put pressure on the ball, crash the boards, TURN D into offense by attacking the rim in transition) - TEAM ... Go Indians !!!

allOhiotraveler
Freshman Team

Post by allOhiotraveler »

I anticipate some physical defense on Detweiler tonight from Haggy or Whitt. Detweiler for Hiland is skilled, but definitely didn't look his normal self last game and really hasn't grown into his body yet. The young Weaver kid for Hiland comes off the bench but finishes the game for them and he is NOT afraid to take any shot required for that team. I will be interested to see how Coach Williams comes out on Weaver. I am more interested to see how Hiland's coach Schlabach comes out on Western. He has a bunch of older guys that are solid. Nothing more, nothing less. His younger guys are more talented but still finding their way. They bring a lengthy post off the bench that is growing into his body as well, very thin and lengthy. Carter should be to move him tonight.

I respect the heck out of Hiland and I rarely pick against Mark Schlabach, but I think after going to OT 3 times in the last four playoff games, Hiland can't overcome the Indians tonight. Of course, my friend hhawk will have much better insight about this hiland team that I can't go into.

I will say this hiland team is probably the least scary team they've had since 2010 so this would be the year you may want to get them.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

When does the snow start?
Be safe heading home!

Poppy
Waterboy

Post by Poppy »

Western has taken no team for granted all year long. Tonight is just the next game in front of them. When you get this far you can stat the game to death. We all understand that Hiland is obviously a very good team or they wouldn’t be playing in this game tonight. I can tell you this win lose or draw you will see the same TEAM that we have seen all year long. They have defied expectations the entire season thus far (except their own). I look for this to be a tight game throughout but I’m taking the Indians by 6.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

BMG live-streaming this one again tonight? Debating making the trip down tonight. Was going to come over and say hello Pfloyd on Tuesday until I realized you got the vip treatment with a seat at the scorers table 😂

Go Blue
SpaghettiWestern
Waterboy

Post by SpaghettiWestern »

Koondogger 2.1 wrote: I dont think Western Brown has much chance against Hiland. But I didndt think they could beat us either. Kinda hoping Brown runs the table now.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. Definitely feels like this year’s tournament is, to quote the immortal Meghan Trainor, “All about that bass, ‘bout that bass…”

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... safe travels all around tonight! should be a great game - understatement !!! ... will head down the road in an hour or so - get there with temps in the 60's come out to a snow storm beginning ... a Western "W" will melt some of the white stuff for sure ... best of luck Indians - SEOhio/Hoops Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line is behind you !!! Go Indians !!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... and pfloyd was SUPPOSED TO not make it through the 1st year battling Stage 4 cancer (pfloyd is still kicking 12 years later) - stats, napkin stats or otherwise can be left at the door - battles are meant to challenge, to force you to do what is thought by others to be UNDOABLE - to be won ... 2 excellent teams, 2 excellent coaching staffs - great game ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”