Western vs Hiland REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Western vs Hiland REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I got the Hawks going home without any brakes. Give me the Indians by 16!

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
mattash
Site Admin

Re: Western vs Hiland REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

Post by mattash »

Let's go. Western by 17

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Let’s go!!

It’s going to be way tighter than that, imo. Hiland shoots it very well from 3 (and have to for how many they shoot) and they play really good half court D.

I think Western is the better overall team though. I’ll take the Indians by 5.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Western a little better team and superbly coached, but Hiland is always there and tough to go against. Living by the 3 at the Convo against a good perimeter defending team feels like a bad idea.

Western 51
Hiland 48

burgpirater
Riding the Bench

Post by burgpirater »

Both very well coached teams who have 3 days to prepare,
will be a tight game but give me western by 6

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Western is long though. How well will they defend the 3?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Good luck Western in your matchup against Berlin Hiland.

allOhiotraveler
Freshman Team

Post by allOhiotraveler »

I have Western again here but it won't be a blow out. I think Coach Williams will be getting quite the coaching matchup this round. Mark Schlabach is a top 5 coach in the state, regardless of division. He is THAT good. BUT, this is his worst team since 2010. Their best players (Weaver and Detweiler) are very young kids. This is the worst they will be for a while so its best to get them now. Western is disciplined and smart. They will find a way to win, even if it doesn't become the prettiest in the end.

Good luck Indians! SEO is rooting for you!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Chase Carter is gonna run wild in the paint on the hawks.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:26 pm Chase Carter is gonna run wild in the paint on the hawks.
Carter can own the lane. Hope it happens.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Me has a hunch that Hiland will have a not so great shooting night and the Indians survive and keep it moving

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
bobcats94
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcats94 »

Hiland applies a lot of pressure out top similar to Western. I was impressed with Miller and Detweiler but I think this is a much different Hiland team than in the past and they will not have enough fire power to keep up with the Western Indians. Hiland has escaped multiple close calls but won't this time against the INDIANS from LATHAM!

WESTERN 54
HILAND 46

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I have to give Western plenty of credit, they have gotten to this point by beating the best SEO has to offer. Federal Hocking in the district semi, Trimble in the district final, Valley in the regional semi... that's the #1, #2, and #5 seeds in SEO. They have been tested every step of the way and not only answered the call but rose above it.

I was doubting them early on but I will eat my crow. They are the best D4 TEAM in SEO this year hands down. They've proved it time and time again. Kids play the game the right way --- they leave it all on the floor each night and don't pout or point fingers. Coaching staff has them in the correct positions all game. They are for real and I think they are the favorite next game against Hiland.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Space Between
Waterboy

Post by Space Between »

I'll go with Western going to the Final 4. How does the rest of the State stack with this year's Western team? Any buzzsaw's out there in D4?

N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Post by N2Hoops »

Space Between wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:50 am I'll go with Western going to the Final 4. How does the rest of the State stack with this year's Western team? Any buzzsaw's out there in D4?
Richmond Heights.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Space Between wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:50 am I'll go with Western going to the Final 4. How does the rest of the State stack with this year's Western team? Any buzzsaw's out there in D4?
The winner of this game is most likely facing Richmond Heights in the Final 4. I'm not going to count out St. Thomas Aquinas just yet because they play an insanely difficult schedule loaded with D1 and D2 teams, but Richmond Heights is still the favorite. Richmond Heights is led by 6'7" silky smooth senior Josiah Harris who has signed with WVU. I have a feeling Ohio State is going to hate letting this kid get out of state to play at the next level.

With no disrespect to Calvert/Antwerp, I believe the other regional final will produce the winner that will likely be in the state final. Botkins (who won the D4 title last year and returned nearly everyone) is playing Tri-Village, another power in D4 who has the talent to win the entire thing. They faced in the regular season and Botkins won by 1 in a 2OT thriller.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:12 am
The winner of this game is most likely facing Richmond Heights in the Final 4. I'm not going to count out St. Thomas Aquinas just yet because they play an insanely difficult schedule loaded with D1 and D2 teams, but Richmond Heights is still the favorite. Richmond Heights is led by 6'7" silky smooth senior Josiah Harris who has signed with WVU. I have a feeling Ohio State is going to hate letting this kid get out of state to play at the next level.

With no disrespect to Calvert/Antwerp, I believe the other regional final will produce the winner that will likely be in the state final. Botkins (who won the D4 title last year and returned nearly everyone) is playing Tri-Village, another power in D4 who has the talent to win the entire thing. They faced in the regular season and Botkins won by 1 in a 2OT thriller.
Tri- Village is for real a TEAM. . I gotta go with them to win.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Western plays such good team ball....

I like them to move on to the FF.

Good Luck Indians.

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

Western plays great together as a TEAM! Any player can score any time. Well balanced all over in that column.

Hoping to make it down Friday to watch, as should a lot in Southern Ohio!! Let's help root on the Indians for a chance at the Final 4!!

hhawk
Freshman Team

Post by hhawk »

How strong is Western schedule overall, I'll trade Western season schedule for Hiland's schedule, and I know strength of schedule means a little something right now, Hiland has only played 3, D4 teams in the regular season 7, D2 teams 2, D1 teams, 9,D3 team's, but that is just paper stats, you have to come ready to play,I think this our 6th straight regional Finials,this not one of better teams in the last 6 years,the boys really work there tails off on defense

Return to “Boys Basketball”