Western vs Hiland REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

JustAnObserver
Waterboy

Re: Western vs Hiland REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

Post by JustAnObserver »

I wanted to get on here and dish out some crow for everyone to eat, but I will give a lot of you credit, you voluntarily prepared it yourself. Very respectful.
I don't post on here often but all year long all I was trying to say was Western is better than you think, it was obvious people had not actually watched them, and was only basing their opinion on the conference schedule, etc.
That's what didn't make sense to me. Last year NB made it to State and in my opinion the SOC 1 was just as weak, if not weaker, last year top to bottom and no one was questioning them. Yes, I realize they had been there recently but my point is the conference wasn't as big of an automatic factor.
None of my post ever had to do with predicting who Western would beat, how far they would go, or that they would win the SOC 2. I never boasted. I just knew by watching every game, and a lot of SOC 2 games online (and a couple in person) that they could compete on a nightly bases.

I think it's really cool that so many on here have been convinced and that makes all the Western fans proud. They are not the biggest, or the most athletic team, but they are skilled, conditioned, well coached, and a bunch of hard nosed fighters.

I don't know what will happen Friday. I know Western CAN win. I watched the BH/NC game and they can definitely beat BH, but they'll have to play well and keep that chip on their shoulders.

This I do know, if Berlin Hiland thinks the intensity of the next game will be the same as their game against Newark Catholic...they are in for a rude awakening. But I am guessing their coach will prepare them. I am just mentioning this because last night the effort and intensity of the first game (including the crowds) wasn't a blimp on the radar compared to the second game. Maybe some of that had to do with it being a Tuesday night? I expect it to be much different friday night.
That being said, Berlin Hiland is obviously one the most respected and successful programs you can find and having an off night against them won't work out well for the opponent. This will be a great challenge for the Indians.

Thank you everyone for the new votes of confidence, predictions, and well wishes. But to be honest...we like the underdog role. Lol..
Let's Go Indians!! And congrats to Valley on a great year. It was a very sportsman like atmosphere on the floor as far as I could tell. Both communities should be proud of their players/teams.

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

hhawk wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:24 pm How strong is Western schedule overall, I'll trade Western season schedule for Hiland's schedule, and I know strength of schedule means a little something right now, Hiland has only played 3, D4 teams in the regular season 7, D2 teams 2, D1 teams, 9,D3 team's, but that is just paper stats, you have to come ready to play,I think this our 6th straight regional Finials,this not one of better teams in the last 6 years,the boys really work there tails off on defense
Just be glad you didn't get Thimble. Can't beat them unless the refs cheat them, just ask them and they'll tell you. :o

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
OldHead47
Waterboy

Post by OldHead47 »

I will take Western by 10. Seems like they've been on a tear ever since they won the SOC I championship match-up. Good work and keep representing the SOC I.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Western better make room for a regional championship trophy because they will be taking one home from Convo!

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

hhawk wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:24 pm How strong is Western schedule overall, I'll trade Western season schedule for Hiland's schedule, and I know strength of schedule means a little something right now, Hiland has only played 3, D4 teams in the regular season 7, D2 teams 2, D1 teams, 9,D3 team's, but that is just paper stats, you have to come ready to play,I think this our 6th straight regional Finials,this not one of better teams in the last 6 years,the boys really work there tails off on defense

hhawk I am with you- looks like Hiland is getting a little disrespected. Sounds like Hiland should come to Convo Friday scared to hit the floor. Western is good or they would not be playing on Friday but Hiland is pretty good also. Until last year it had been a long time since the D4 Regional Champion was from the Southeast District. I get rooting for Western but I think that some are selling Hiland short. Western may very well win Friday but it does not put Western in the same catagory as Hiland playing in their 6 straight Regional Championship game. Good Luck to both teams.
Last edited by bsee12345 on Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dlightle72
Waterboy

Post by Dlightle72 »

Hiland is a tough matchup for Western. They kind of mirror each other honestly. Western has to defend the 3 point line and be able to handle the man pressure. This is a coin flip game I feel. And the team with the last possession may be the winner!

2Time
Freshman Team

Post by 2Time »

BMG Media will be live streaming this one!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

2Time wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:41 pm BMG Media will be live streaming this one!
Awesome! I’m hoping I can make it down for this one, but I’m glad y’all are covering again for those who can’t! Thank you

bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

Did Hiland beat Garaway this year?

HHS
Waterboy

Post by HHS »

bfry wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:14 pm Did Hiland beat Garaway this year?
Yes, twice. Both very close games.

bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

Well, I was very impressed with Garaway. Hiland must be per usual then again this year. Always a quality squad. Have been for a long time.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I think this ill be a good, close game. Western will pull it out in the end!

Western 66
Hiland 62

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Best wishes to Western!

2Time
Freshman Team

Post by 2Time »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:54 pm
2Time wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:41 pm BMG Media will be live streaming this one!
Awesome! I’m hoping I can make it down for this one, but I’m glad y’all are covering again for those who can’t! Thank you
No problem! We are just trying make sure everyone can enjoy some great basketball!

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

BMG is the best…we appreciate you!

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

https://youtu.be/q6ta0rfPfxM

Awesome video here by Litter Media, capturing the adrenaline and pure excitement of this team!! Very classy and a great watch. Rooting for Pike County!!

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

I have to admit that Western Brown is a pretty good team. That coach must be pretty good to cause we couldn't out coach him like everyone else we played this year. I hope they win the state. Go WB!

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
Tomcat Pride
Waterboy

Post by Tomcat Pride »

I thought if we beat Western Brown we had a chance at winning the whole dang thing. Trimble v Hiland would have been an easy win. But I am not sure of Brown can repeat that performance two games in a row. It took the game o fthe ir lives to beat us.

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

Tomcat Pride wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:01 pm I thought if we beat Western Brown we had a chance at winning the whole dang thing. Trimble v Hiland would have been an easy win. But I am not sure of Brown can repeat that performance two games in a row. It took the game o fthe ir lives to beat us.
In case you missed it, they did win a game after they beat the brakes off of your team. :lol:

2Time
Freshman Team

Post by 2Time »

oldschoolqb13 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:29 pm BMG is the best…we appreciate you!
Thanks!

Return to “Boys Basketball”