Waverly final 4 thread.

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Re: Waverly final 4 thread.

Post by LetsBeReal »

Definitely! It’s time that us poor, unedumacted rednecks🙄even things out a little. Wouldn’t it be a shame that a school with the infrastructure and facilities such as Valley gets a boost of 30-40 in their numbers to stop flirting with being D7? I’m sure crazier coincidences can happen. Valley “Indians”. It’s 2022 I’m sure the group of parents can figure something out to honor all local schools😈😈😈😈😈

Open a private school nearby for all of those that don’t participate in sports to focus mainly on education and let the Valley public high school be for those that let sports interfere with their education.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Or just every school focus on education

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:09 pm Or just every school focus on education
No real money in that for others to profit

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

LetsBeReal wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:29 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:09 pm Or just every school focus on education
No, but big money in the future for those kids

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:19 pm
LetsBeReal wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:29 pm
No, but big money in the future for those kids
Bingo. My niece’s school is over $20K per year and she got into all 10 colleges she applied too. When she was younger, I never would have imagined her getting into those schools and programs, but her schooling has done wonders for her and set her up really well for her future.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I couldn’t imagine paying $80,000 for my kid to be accepted to a university when everyone who put in a little bit of effort at SW back in my day went wherever we wanted. Princeton, UK, OSU, BYU, you name it.

Also any kids reading this, you don’t need a degree to make a ton of money.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:19 pm I couldn’t imagine paying $80,000 for my kid to be accepted to a university when everyone who put in a little bit of effort at SW back in my day went wherever we wanted. Princeton, UK, OSU, BYU, you name it.

That’s not why she went there. We weren’t even sure she would want to go to college, but she fell in love with her studies at her school and that’s why she’s continuing on. That side of my family is very Catholic and preferred her to go to a Catholic school.

I’m just saying that we shouldn’t rip on folks who send their kids places that have to pay tuition. Like we shouldn’t rip on kids who don’t want to go to college and instead want to focus on a trade.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

danicalifornia wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:37 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:19 pm I couldn’t imagine paying $80,000 for my kid to be accepted to a university when everyone who put in a little bit of effort at SW back in my day went wherever we wanted. Princeton, UK, OSU, BYU, you name it.

That’s not why she went there. We weren’t even sure she would want to go to college, but she fell in love with her studies at her school and that’s why she’s continuing on. That side of my family is very Catholic and preferred her to go to a Catholic school.

I’m just saying that we shouldn’t rip on folks who send their kids places that have to pay tuition. Like we shouldn’t rip on kids who don’t want to go to college and instead want to focus on a trade.
Well said danic. And best of luck to her in the future!!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Btw, amazing run by the Tigers! One that will be remembered for quite a long time!

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Congrats to Waverly on a great season

Go Blue
alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Congratulations to the Waverly team and players. Although they may be disappointed in the outcome of the semi-final game, they will look back on this year as a wonderful run in the upcoming years. They have accomplished so much this year and through out their careers. Best wishes as you embark on the next chapters in your lives after graduation.

Jeff Lisath
JV Team

Post by Jeff Lisath »

Congratulations to the Tigers, the coaching staff, and the Waverly community. A Final 4 season is a season that will last a lifetime. I always enjoy seeing teams from the Southeast make it to the "Big Dance". What a great turnout by the students and community...brings back chilling memories! The kids deserve all of the accolades and pats on the backs they can possibly get. Great job!

Return to “Boys Basketball”