SEOPS HO

Re: SOC All star game

Post by biggdowgg »

Baseball could play a factor in not playing this game a week or 2 later

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

biggdowgg wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:20 pm Baseball could play a factor in not playing this game a week or 2 later
Period. Not sure what’s to hard to understand. Basketball season is over for 99.9% of Ohio. And what did Waverly want a pat on the back? Lol did nobody in the building not know they were in the final 4?

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
JustAnObserver
Waterboy

Post by JustAnObserver »

Don’t forget the District Awards and All-Star game is this week (Monday at Waverly I believe). Combine that with baseball, softball, and track and I’m guessing that’s why they have to do it when they do.
Look, up until Western lost in the Regional Finals some of us had already looked at the calendar and realized our Seniors wouldn’t be able to play if we made it to the Final 4. And honestly, I don’t think any of them cared. I don’t mean they didn’t want to play in the All-Star game. I’m just saying when the reason you can’t play is because you’re still playing in the tournament I think the kids are fine with it. It’s actually like a cool thing to walk around knowing you’re the only team left playing. Lol.

As for not evening mentioning Waverly or Western. That I agree with. I would think a conference would want to make a big deal out of an Elite 8 appearance and especially a Final 4. Might be some Scioto County sour grapes. Lol.

For those that were there can we talk about how ridiculously long the Awards portion was?
Just bring each respective group down at the same
time (ex. SOC 1 girls 2nd team, etc) and then hand them their awards down the line. Calling each kid down one at a time and waiting until they get their award to call the next? That took forever.
They could have easily reduced the evening by an hour and kept people’s attention a lot better. But other years I have attended it was the same way. Need to tighten that up.
It’s a pretty fun evening other than that.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

I wonder how many of those all stars would rather be in a final 4 game vs a supposed all star game.

This happens all over and at all levels.

Pro bowl vs Superbowl?

Buckeye1972
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye1972 »

i am the person responsible for the SOC All-Star Game. I must apologize if there any people upset with the game. The game has been traditionally (with the exception of the covid years) the week between the Regionals and the State. The reason for the timing was that most schools were already into their spring sports practices and training and we tried to try to work with them. We understand that if we are fortunately to have a team make the Final Four, they would not be able to participate. Waverly and Western are both valuable members of the SOC and we in no way intended to not show Western for making the Regional Final and Waverly for making the Final Four the proper respect they deserve. Failure on my part to not give the P A announcer an agenda or script contributed to the oversite.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

There ya go! No vast conspiracy Scioto County is jealous of Pike County. No vast conspiracy the SOC black balled waverly or anyone else. If teams would rather play in the all star game then don't win the regional.

The wants/NEEDS OF THE MANY outweigh the wants/needs of the FEW!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Yeah. A lot of boohooing over nothing.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54

Return to “Boys Basketball”