SOC II 2022-23

art_vandelay
SE

SOC II 2022-23

Post by art_vandelay »

Congrats to Waverly Tigers on a SOC II Championship and trip to State this year. Now that the season officially in the books, what's everybody's thoughts/predictions for next year? I know free agency will leave things subject to change as always, but here's my way-way-too-early predictions for next year:

1. Valley: should be strong again next season and clear favorite with Arnett/Copley/Buckle/Nickel returning
2. Minford: Montgomery my pick for POY next season, and Crank/Hannah back as well
3. South Webster: it'll be Roberts' team for next 3 years and Collins will be a load inside, and rumors of some "additions" on the way
4. Wheelersburg: scoring will be an issue, defense/rebounding won't be. I'm still gonna go ahead and pencil them in for Regionals regardless
5. Waverly: feels too low for them with Kelly and lil Robertson back, but we'll see
6. Northwest: this team has a lot more upside than this with Lintz/Bolin/Jenkins back, and hopefully they'll be healthy going into next season
7. West: loss of Dixon going to hurt, but some good athletes back
8. Oak Hill: most of their team back, but don't see them much higher than lower tier
9. Eastern: any way they can get back into SOC I b/c this conference still doesn't make sense for them

I don't see any State-caliber teams (unless Valley stays in D4), but this will be a solid conference from top-to-bottom once again.*

jeep80
Varsity

Re: SOC II 2022-23

Post by jeep80 »

Looking forward to 2024 -2026 when South Webster’s 8th grade team join Roberts for his jr. and sr. year. The potential is there for some really good SW teams!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West returns 3 starters (4 guys who started a lot of games) and a few other rotational players. They were playing really good ball at the end of the year and were right in the game with Fairland.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

1.) Valley

good sized gap

2.) Webster
3.) Minford
4.) Northwest
5.) Oak Hill (if everyone stays at OH)
6.) West
7.) Wheelersburg
8.) Waverly
9.) Eastern Pike

Watching SE Ohio basketball
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

art_vandelay wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:43 pm Congrats to Waverly Tigers on a SOC II Championship and trip to State this year. Now that the season officially in the books, what's everybody's thoughts/predictions for next year? I know free agency will leave things subject to change as always, but here's my way-way-too-early predictions for next year:

1. Valley: should be strong again next season and clear favorite with Arnett/Copley/Buckle/Nickel returning
2. Minford: Montgomery my pick for POY next season, and Crank/Hannah back as well
3. South Webster: it'll be Roberts' team for next 3 years and Collins will be a load inside, and rumors of some "additions" on the way
4. Wheelersburg: scoring will be an issue, defense/rebounding won't be. I'm still gonna go ahead and pencil them in for Regionals regardless
5. Waverly: feels too low for them with Kelly and lil Robertson back, but we'll see
6. Northwest: this team has a lot more upside than this with Lintz/Bolin/Jenkins back, and hopefully they'll be healthy going into next season
7. West: loss of Dixon going to hurt, but some good athletes back
8. Oak Hill: most of their team back, but don't see them much higher than lower tier
9. Eastern: any way they can get back into SOC I b/c this conference still doesn't make sense for them

I don't see any State-caliber teams (unless Valley stays in D4), but this will be a solid conference from top-to-bottom once again.*
“Additions” 👀

More than the 1 we know about???

Give me Will Collins leading the league in scoring

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

SOC2. Valley, Webster, Minford, and West return the most players from the better teams. Valley should win it but they have question marks scoring in the paint, defending the paint, and rebounding. You kinda saw as the year went on teams became better at handling their pressure and made them play more in the half court.

Without transfers, Waverly and Wheelersburg will struggle.

Oak Hill and Northwest will win some games, but neither is good enough to consistently win.

Ovenmit
Riding the Bench

Post by Ovenmit »

Westfan wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:42 am West returns 3 starters (4 guys who started a lot of games) and a few other rotational players. They were playing really good ball at the end of the year and were right in the game with Fairland.
Westfan. I hear that the girls job is open. What do they have coming back. Will they be good or did they lose any players to tranfer

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Ovenmit wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:44 am
Westfan wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:42 am West returns 3 starters (4 guys who started a lot of games) and a few other rotational players. They were playing really good ball at the end of the year and were right in the game with Fairland.
Westfan. I hear that the girls job is open. What do they have coming back. Will they be good or did they lose any players to tranfer
No girls will leave in fact I think several more will probably come out that didn’t play this year. 2 of them are really good players.

I’ve heard two names that want the job or are interested. Either would make West a district favorite

Return to “Boys Basketball”