Chillicothe Alum Branden Maughmer Transferring from Cedarville University

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Chillicothe Alum Branden Maughmer Transferring from Cedarville University

Post by FACSPORTS »

The 6'2" electric guard from Chillicothe has had a very solid career at Cedarville. He announced last week that he will be transferring to a Division 1 school to finish his career. I believe he has just 1 year of eligibility remaining. Thoughts on where he may end up? Would be awesome to see Maughmer join Holden and Noel at Wright State!

petesweaty
All Conference

Re: Chillicothe Alum Branden Maughmer Transferring from Cedarville University

Post by petesweaty »

I have seen him play at Cedarville many times. D2 player, not D1. He should finish his career at Cedarville.

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

He should stay at Cedarville , he'll sit the bench wherever he transfers to.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I've seen him play countless times and he can ABSOLUTELY play Division 1. No, not the Duke/UNC level... but a mid major or perhaps a smaller D1 there's no doubt in my mind. The kid has averaged over double digits each year of his career. He isn't just some jo-schmo.

Wright State would be a really good fit for him, would love to see it. Perhaps even OU since they graduate some key pieces. He's proved all he needed to at Cedarville and I don't blame him one bit for trying D1 for his final year. Good for him!

Watching SE Ohio basketball
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:28 pm I've seen him play countless times and he can ABSOLUTELY play Division 1. No, not the Duke/UNC level... but a mid major or perhaps a smaller D1 there's no doubt in my mind. The kid has averaged over double digits each year of his career. He isn't just some jo-schmo.

Wright State would be a really good fit for him, would love to see it. Perhaps even OU since they graduate some key pieces. He's proved all he needed to at Cedarville and I don't blame him one bit for trying D1 for his final year. Good for him!
Spot on, I think some see D1 and they automatically start thinking about schools like Kentucky and OSU, so many D1 schools out there.

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:28 pm I've seen him play countless times and he can ABSOLUTELY play Division 1. No, not the Duke/UNC level... but a mid major or perhaps a smaller D1 there's no doubt in my mind. The kid has averaged over double digits each year of his career. He isn't just some jo-schmo.

Exactly, he didn't say he was transferring to go start for Kansas next year. I think he absolutely could play at a mid-major.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Have there been any takers for Branden Maughmer in the transfer portal game?

RothGGProducer
Riding the Bench

Post by RothGGProducer »

Maughmer to Morehead State, believe the Eagles took another Division II to Division I transfer recently as well. Looking to get older for next season.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

RothGGProducer wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:55 pm Maughmer to Morehead State, believe the Eagles took another Division II to Division I transfer recently as well. Looking to get older for next season.
Awesome congrats to the young man and good luck.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

RothGGProducer wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:55 pm Maughmer to Morehead State, believe the Eagles took another Division II to Division I transfer recently as well. Looking to get older for next season.
… good for Branden !!! Wishing him nothing but the best - pfloyd

Return to “Boys Basketball”