Divison III and IV All-Ohio Teams

allOhiotraveler
Freshman Team

Divison III and IV All-Ohio Teams

Post by allOhiotraveler »

https://www.ohsaa.org/news-media/articl ... nounced-11

Congratulations to all the area hoopers!

Do you find any players that weren't given the respect they may be should've gotten? I think my biggest total omission is Bryce Stuart from Valley. Didn't even get an honorable mention. Thought he was VHS's best player personally.

Pitstop Billy
Freshman Team

Re: Divison III and IV All-Ohio Teams

Post by Pitstop Billy »

allOhiotraveler wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:58 pm https://www.ohsaa.org/news-media/articl ... nounced-11

Do you find any players that weren't given the respect they may be should've gotten? I think my biggest total omission is Bryce Stuart from Valley. Didn't even get an honorable mention. Thought he was VHS's best player personally.
Kind of the same for Western, after beating the brakes plum off of Trimble they get no one but Trimble gets a first teamer who Western held to 6 points. Thats' a head shaker too. :o

allOhiotraveler
Freshman Team

Post by allOhiotraveler »

I don't want to punch down on kids in this thread. I just wanted to see what kids maybe deserved more love and we could give them some recognition, not hate on 15-18 year olds that "got too much".

Pitstop Billy
Freshman Team

Post by Pitstop Billy »

allOhiotraveler wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:19 pm I don't want to punch down on kids in this thread. I just wanted to see what kids maybe deserved more love and we could give them some recognition, not hate on 15-18 year olds that "got too much".
OH, the trusty, 'hating on kids" comment. Yeah, no one is hating on any "kid." You asked a question didn't you? I pointed out that a team of players that held a first team all ohio player to 6 points had no one on the first, second, third or special mention teams. No one said the player who scored 6 "got too much" and no one "punched down" whatever the he11 that means. :shock:

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

Yea be careful because those Thimble people sure are testy about that team getting beaten up by Western Latham. They prolly think Howdee should have been coach of the year in the state too. All the players who were awarded deserved it, and yes there are some who missed out who prolly should have been on there. But the media plays a big part of it and if the coach didn't have access to or pump up to the media folks the players sometimes don't get the recognition they deserve.

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

No clue how Stuart wasn’t mentioned.

I’m good with Guffey 1st team

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Mostly nonsense. See D4. I’m good with guffey but from on down its pretty much random

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Seopnation
Freshman Team

Post by Seopnation »

Pitstop Billy wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:33 pm
allOhiotraveler wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:19 pm I don't want to punch down on kids in this thread. I just wanted to see what kids maybe deserved more love and we could give them some recognition, not hate on 15-18 year olds that "got too much".
OH, the trusty, 'hating on kids" comment. Yeah, no one is hating on any "kid." You asked a question didn't you? I pointed out that a team of players that held a first team all ohio player to 6 points had no one on the first, second, third or special mention teams. No one said the player who scored 6 "got too much" and no one "punched down" whatever the he11 that means. :shock:
Third Team:
Kolten Miller, Latham Western, 6-2, sr., 14.7

Honorable Mention:
Noah Whitt, Latham Western, 6-0, sr. 13.4

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Keep in mind that the D3 and D4 teams are based off of district teams.... district teams are determined by coaches.

In that regard it looks like Copley and Arnett (Valley) were put up for higher teams by the Valley coaching staff.. Coaches can talk about their kids and state who deserves what team etc... typically most coaches follow that as long as it isn't outlandish. So looking at this I'm assuming Stuart most likely made 3rd team all district or perhaps honorable mention, which are then used to determine state teams and many district honorable mentions are left out on state teams.

I agree, that is a travesty for Stuart who was clearly their best all around player on both ends of the floor.

Rutter lover
JV Team

Post by Rutter lover »

Pitstop Billy wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:13 pm
allOhiotraveler wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:58 pm https://www.ohsaa.org/news-media/articl ... nounced-11

Kind of the same for Western, after beating the brakes plum off of Trimble they get no one but Trimble gets a first teamer who Western held to 6 points. Thats' a head shaker too. :o
:D

Pitstop Billy
Freshman Team

Post by Pitstop Billy »

Seopnation wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:55 am
Pitstop Billy wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:33 pm
Third Team:
Kolten Miller, Latham Western, 6-2, sr., 14.7

Honorable Mention:
Noah Whitt, Latham Western, 6-0, sr. 13.4
I stand corrected. Thank you for pointing that out. They deserved at least that much recognition.

AllBallJo
Waterboy

Post by AllBallJo »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:51 am Keep in mind that the D3 and D4 teams are based off of district teams.... district teams are determined by coaches.

In that regard it looks like Copley and Arnett (Valley) were put up for higher teams by the Valley coaching staff.. Coaches can talk about their kids and state who deserves what team etc... typically most coaches follow that as long as it isn't outlandish. So looking at this I'm assuming Stuart most likely made 3rd team all district or perhaps honorable mention, which are then used to determine state teams and many district honorable mentions are left out on state teams.

I agree, that is a travesty for Stuart who was clearly their best all around player on both ends of the floor.
Stuart’s a great player for sure. Seemed to pick it up last few games. But I thought state mentions came from AP picks. Sports writers. Definitely not 100% on that

Return to “Boys Basketball”