Tom Barrick hired 5-0 to lead the Green Bobcats!

countyfreewin
Waterboy

Re: Tom Barrick hired 5-0 to lead the Green Bobcats!

Post by countyfreewin »

Who is the other levi kid on greens team?

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Looks like there was 3 Levi's last year.

countyfreewin
Waterboy

Post by countyfreewin »

Who is the other levi kid on green because I watched him last year at clay and he wasn’t bad at all.

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

countyfreewin wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:59 pm Green is stacked this year
I cant see them any higher than 3rd in the soc1 I would say maybe even 4th.

countyfreewin
Waterboy

Post by countyfreewin »

Lovehoops1 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:13 pm
They have the number 1 scored in the soc and one of the best shooters in the soc and both mcbee brothers.

countyfreewin
Waterboy

Post by countyfreewin »

countyfreewin wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:33 pm
They have the number 1 scored in the soc and one of the best shooters in the soc and both mcbee brothers.
Scorer*

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Did you apply for the job? Gonna apply at Eastern? Minford? PWest? or staying where you are?

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

transplant wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:37 pm
Did you apply for the job? Gonna apply at Eastern? Minford? PWest? or staying where you are?
Yes yes I did I'm going to just have to sit and watch for another season(sorry I don't have a coaching job). If anyone can make them winners Coach B can.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Western by 20+ both games

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
RadioLady
Riding the Bench

Post by RadioLady »

Lovehoops1 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:23 pm
transplant wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:37 pm
Yes yes I did I'm going to just have to sit and watch for another season(sorry I don't have a coaching job). If anyone can make them winners Coach B can.

Well since you don't have a coaching job you might want to know that both Wellston and Oak Hill are in desperate need of football coaches. But if you want to stick with basketball it looks like Peake is in need. From what I've been told.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

MattyIce wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:46 am
alabama mike wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:55 am
MattyIce wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:33 am There is no doubt this guy knows basketball. He was very successful at Burg. The concern should be why has he been non- renewed at 3 different schools (Burg, Eastern, Russell, Ky) in the past ten years if he is such a great coach? I give it 2 weeks into the pre-season before the locals are calling for his head.
It would be nice if you knew what you were talking about BEFORE you get on any site and make a completely false statement. He was NOT non-renewed! He left all 3 programs at his own choosing. I have known the man for many years and had a son play for him. He demands the game to be played a certain way and if you do not play that way, its simple, you sit. Best wishes coacher!
He left on his own because he wasn’t going to be renewed. Like I said, the man knows basketball, no doubt about it, but there is obviously a chink in his armor if he is moving around so much, as of late, and ends up at Green.
Simply not true man, please stop trying to pass off false information when it's already been pointed out that you are completely wrong in the matter.

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

So why did he leave Burg?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

MattyIce wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:32 pm So why did he leave Burg?
He was moving on, just like Eastern they moved up into SOC2 play and he told them it wasn't a smart move and he was done. I mean your claim this entire time has been that all 3 of the schools didn't want to renew him and to that point you are simply wrong.

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

My claim is that there is obviously a chink in his armor if he is “ moving on” from Burg, Eastern, and Russell to coach at Green. He knows basketball, but it appears he struggles with getting along with administrations. Maybe he should move on to the college level. 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

MattyIce wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:51 am My claim is that there is obviously a chink in his armor if he is “ moving on” from Burg, Eastern, and Russell to coach at Green. He knows basketball, but it appears he struggles with getting along with administrations. Maybe he should move on to the college level. 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️
Are you a former player or parent of a player? Its obvious from your posts, you have a bone to pick. Why not wish him well in his new job or if you can not be cordial, do not say anything? Stop stirring the pot!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

MattyIce wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:51 am My claim is that there is obviously a chink in his armor if he is “ moving on” from Burg, Eastern, and Russell to coach at Green. He knows basketball, but it appears he struggles with getting along with administrations. Maybe he should move on to the college level. 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️
Well since everyone has told you one side, why don't you go ahead and explain it to us. Coaches get renewed every year, he was renewed as well, whatever ax you've got to grind has really showed how little you know about any of it.

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

So could someone please elaborate on why he decided to move on from his previous three coaching stints and take a job at Green?

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Probably to get closer to home. He’s friends with mr. mccorkle there. A chance to coach in a smaller division. More contacts to get film on other teams. Less travel. Multiple reasons would entice him, but just my opinion. No idea why he left other places. That’s between him and the schools.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

MattyIce wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:16 pm So could someone please elaborate on why he decided to move on from his previous three coaching stints and take a job at Green?
How about you elaborate on the issues he had with administration?? I didn't realize he left 3 coaching jobs to head to Green, really?? I mean you do realize you're trying to say he wasn't renewed, he was at Wheelersburg for 19 years yeah must've had issues getting renewed there, he went to Eastern and stepped down there because he was opposed to them moving into SOC2 because he felt they didn't belong there which he's proven to be correct. Eastern wanted him to continue but he simply said it was time to walk away. Ended up at Green because he's been retired and subbing at Green couple times a week so he decided to get back into right there where he was making relationships with facility and students. Been a head coach for what over 30 years now, so guess you'll have to explain how a guy with all the issues you're stating has been able to remain a HC for so long.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Good move. The man has a real resume. Good luck going forward

Return to “Boys Basketball”