BREAKING!!!! Steven Ater is Going Home

Crab's Brother
SEO

Re: BREAKING!!!! Steven Ater is Going Home

Post by Crab's Brother »

Blitz wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:18 am
Crab's Brother wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:08 am I would think Eaton, Rucker, or Hollar would be on the short list.
I don't see any scenario that involves Rucker. Zero head coaching experience at the varsity level plus with a kid in the program it would be viewed poorly and the whole "Daddy Ball" comments would begin almost immediately. I highly doubt he would put his family through that.
Maybe not, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Any claims about daddy ball with the younger Rucker would be bogus. The kid can play.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Crab's Brother wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 1:04 pm
Blitz wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:18 am
Crab's Brother wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:08 am I would think Eaton, Rucker, or Hollar would be on the short list.
I don't see any scenario that involves Rucker. Zero head coaching experience at the varsity level plus with a kid in the program it would be viewed poorly and the whole "Daddy Ball" comments would begin almost immediately. I highly doubt he would put his family through that.
Maybe not, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Any claims about daddy ball with the younger Rucker would be bogus. The kid can play.
No doubt he can play. The general public never lets facts or common sense get in the way of pissing and moaning lol Especially at BURG. I get that he and his son will be great for Burg basketball. Unfortunately here is how a large portion of the community will see it. Daddy has never coached at this level until his boy becomes a freshman and all of a sudden Daddy wants to control things from the inside. Especially after the crapstorm that a few parents caused publicly this year. It will be viewed and received poorly and will be way worse than last year. It will most likely cause some board members at election time. I think they look outside the system as the have in the past. The success in doing that speaks for itself

bobcats94
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcats94 »

Runner00 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:38 pm
burgpirater wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:37 am this search begins and end with a man who has been to state tournament before nope not barrick nope not krescher im talking about a man named Cox. Imagine the kids he could recruit for us we could be like the basketball version of ironton football wow state championship after state championship.
His personality would never work at Wheelersburg.
I agree with Runner, but I'll take it a step further I can't believe Bailey/Cox are even mentioned in this thread. Two of the most undisciplined coaches I can think of in the SOC I. As a fan of an opposing SOC II team, I think that would be great if Burg picked up either of those 2. :lol:

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

bobcats94 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:44 am
burgpirater wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:37 am this search begins and end with a man who has been to state tournament before nope not barrick nope not krescher im talking about a man named Cox. Imagine the kids he could recruit for us we could be like the basketball version of ironton football wow state championship after state championship.
I agree with Runner, but I'll take it a step further I can't believe Bailey/Cox are even mentioned in this thread. Two of the most undisciplined coaches I can think of in the SOC I. As a fan of an opposing SOC II team, I think that would be great if Burg picked up either of those 2. :lol:
Bailey was never mentioned as a replacement, I think it was referenced from the talk of Bradford possibly taking over and someone mentioning his time at East before West. I don't see Bailey going back to Burg any time soon if at all.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Tartanblue wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:02 pm
bobcats94 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:44 am

Bailey was never mentioned as a replacement, I think it was referenced from the talk of Bradford possibly taking over and someone mentioning his time at East before West. I don't see Bailey going back to Burg any time soon if at all.

Yes he was.

SWJeeps22 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:40 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:36 pm
Gator B Long wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:29 pm Hasn’t been an internal hire for many years, if ever, so I’d say Burg would attract many outside quality coaches interest. Travis Bradford/fmr Burg assistant, West and East HC would worthy of an interview.
East?
East Head Coach Adam Bailey spent many years with Barrick at Wheelersburg leading the junior high program and has won at East when he has had talent.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

John Estep has had a very successful run in Jr. High at BURG. Good fundamental coach who gets the most out of his teams. I know he's a good soccer coach as well but I wouldn't have any reservations about him as a varsity basketball coach.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
5ball
Waterboy

Post by 5ball »

I heard Coach John Strickland had a grandson in the first grade at burg.. Don't count hoyme out.

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

5ball wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:56 pm I heard Coach John Strickland had a grandson in the first grade at burg.. Don't count hoyme out.
John Strickland in orange and black? Excuse me while I throw up.

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

My Wheelersburg guy says the majority of Burg fans are glad Ater is gone . He gave quite a few reasons that made sense but not sure if its sour grapes or not . He did mention with who they have had recently , mentioning Holden , they should have done lot better , I agreed .

Gator B Long
Freshman Team

Post by Gator B Long »

There aren’t Loops and the continual talent he had at Burg walking around at Chesy now. Coach em up.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Not sure he'll be missed too terribly bad at BURG

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Burg dominates under Ater for what 8 years and they’re happy he’s gone… fools lol

Where’s coach Scott at?!

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Seemed like a great coach. Sad Burg ran him off

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 4:27 pm Seemed like a great coach. Sad Burg ran him off
He wasn't ran off. Left on his own.

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 4:20 pm Burg dominates under Ater for what 8 years and they’re happy he’s gone… fools lol

Where’s coach Scott at?!
What did the Burg actually dominate ?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

84Dragon wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:33 am
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 4:20 pm Burg dominates under Ater for what 8 years and they’re happy he’s gone… fools lol

Where’s coach Scott at?!
What did the Burg actually dominate ?
I’d take a look at Aters record at burg the whole time, minus this past season, and ask who didn’t they dominate in conference

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
sportsfan2244
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2244 »

Ater wins plain and simple.

Return to “Boys Basketball”