Marietta College Shootout June 4

Pioneer77
Waterboy

Marietta College Shootout June 4

Post by Pioneer77 »

Looking for any reports on how teams looked at the Marietta College Shootout on Saturday. I know its very early but quite a few teams from Southeast Ohio and West Virginia were there. Any surprises?

Whs95fan
S

Re: Marietta College Shootout June 4

Post by Whs95fan »

Pioneer77 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:54 pm Looking for any reports on how teams looked at the Marietta College Shootout on Saturday. I know its very early but quite a few teams from Southeast Ohio and West Virginia were there. Any surprises?
Did Warren participate?

Go Blue
Pioneer77
Waterboy

Post by Pioneer77 »

Whs95fan wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:36 pm
Pioneer77 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:54 pm Looking for any reports on how teams looked at the Marietta College Shootout on Saturday. I know its very early but quite a few teams from Southeast Ohio and West Virginia were there. Any surprises?
Did Warren participate?
I'm told Warren was there, but no idea as to how they did, only they looked a little young. A team from West Virginia was very good, Fort Frye did OK, and Marietta was missing quite a few of their payers but appeared improved. That's about all 've learned.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Pioneer77 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:22 am
Whs95fan wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:36 pm
Did Warren participate?
I'm told Warren was there, but no idea as to how they did, only they looked a little young. A team from West Virginia was very good, Fort Frye did OK, and Marietta was missing quite a few of their payers but appeared improved. That's about all 've learned.
Thanks Pioneer, I imagine that's all we'll hear.

Go Blue
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Was there for 1st half of the day officiating.

Trimble- Looked young and inexperienced but still scrappy

Marietta- Talked with their new coach and he knows the game for sure. They had some height and skill for the kids that were there.

River- PG was legit and they have some good compliments for him; but he was very solid. Good shooter. Can handle and get to the rim

Maysville- Best team we saw on our court. Can shoot and play well together at both ends

New Hope- Good size and some solid guard play

South Webster- Not a bad squad. Have some size and scrappy on Defense.

Live Like A Champion!
E High
All State

Post by E High »

Don’t they have another shootout this coming Saturday ?

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Yes they do

Live Like A Champion!
Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

Logangrad wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:45 am Was there for 1st half of the day officiating.

Trimble- Looked young and inexperienced but still scrappy

Marietta- Talked with their new coach and he knows the game for sure. They had some height and skill for the kids that were there.

River- PG was legit and they have some good compliments for him; but he was very solid. Good shooter. Can handle and get to the rim

Maysville- Best team we saw on our court. Can shoot and play well together at both ends

New Hope- Good size and some solid guard play

South Webster- Not a bad squad. Have some size and scrappy on Defense.
River and Maysville were both quite good last year, so not surprised. Marietta has been down for a long time so we’ll see. Warren is not bringing back much of its lineup from last season but always competes. Good report at least more than we had so far.

Pioneer77
Waterboy

Post by Pioneer77 »

Anyone know who will be at Marietta College this upcoming weekend for another shootout? Same teams? Hopefully we'll get some kind of report.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

My short list, I believe, is Monroe C. Whitehall. Parkerburgh S. Meadowbrook. Warren. Marietta I think there’s maybe 16 teams but not completely sure. Always a good shootout and the Marietta team camp soon.

jcbigblue13
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue13 »

E High wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:34 am My short list, I believe, is Monroe C. Whitehall. Parkerburgh S. Meadowbrook. Warren. Marietta I think there’s maybe 16 teams but not completely sure. Always a good shootout and the Marietta team camp soon.
No Warren....they are at OU team camp

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

jcbigblue13 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:06 am
E High wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:34 am My short list, I believe, is Monroe C. Whitehall. Parkerburgh S. Meadowbrook. Warren. Marietta I think there’s maybe 16 teams but not completely sure. Always a good shootout and the Marietta team camp soon.
Do you usually go JC?

Go Blue
jcbigblue13
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue13 »

Whs95fan wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:09 pm
jcbigblue13 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:06 am
Do you usually go JC?
To most of them.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Maybe give us a run down if you make it, imagine some tough competition if it's at OU

Go Blue
Riverrats
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrats »

Parkersburg south, Fairfield Christian, Monroe Central , Whitehall also that I know this weekend. This early June shootout is really hit and miss but used as a talent eval for coaches on young players. Different schools seem to commit more or less to it plus kids are playing legion or hitting vacation before football. I know last year Meadowbrook played three potential starters in game #1 but by game #5 there was only 1 starter due to kids working, vacation or grad parties. I saw the same from other teams. Last year Maysville brought everyone so it is more important to them. I know Meadowbrook will be down 2-3 again but it's still fun to see up and comers. I'll be there.
Last edited by Riverrats on Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Riverrats
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrats »

Maysville will be the big school MVL favorite I would think, they have everyone coming back including the big school POY. Tri Valley and Sheridan will be right there.

I think the small school will be wide open this year. Defending champ Meadowbrook lost all 5 starters including All Ohio Singleton to graduation but could still contend
Solid program and coaching and the MVL small isn't usually stacked. New Lex, Riverview, Morgan and Coshocton have returning talent. I think West M and Coshocton also lost some good kids.

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

Riverrats wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:34 pm Maysville will be the big school MVL favorite I would think, they have everyone coming back including the big school POY. Tri Valley and Sheridan will be right there.

I think the small school will be wide open this year. Defending champ Meadowbrook lost all 5 starters including All Ohio Singleton to graduation but could still contend
Solid program and coaching and the MVL small isn't usually stacked. New Lex, Riverview, Morgan and Coshocton have returning talent. I think West M and Coshocton also lost some good kids.
We look forward to your report. I think I’m only making one shootout this summer but not this one.

Pioneer77
Waterboy

Post by Pioneer77 »

Hookshot wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:44 pm
Riverrats wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:34 pm Maysville will be the big school MVL favorite I would think, they have everyone coming back including the big school POY. Tri Valley and Sheridan will be right there.

We look forward to your report. I think I’m only making one shootout this summer but not this one.
There is a shootout at Logan today (Friday, June 10). Anyone know much about?

Return to “Boys Basketball”