SOC 2 LEAGUE PROJECTIONS

AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

SOC 2 LEAGUE PROJECTIONS

Post by AnkleBraces »

RANK EM

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: SOC 2 LEAGUE PROJECTIONS

Post by trojandave »

Can't predict the SOC II from top to bottom, but from what I saw of the Minford Falcons at the Portsmouth shootout, they will finish either 1st or 2nd in the conference.......and I'm thinking more 1st with the Valley Indians as the prime contender. The Falcons have Miles Montgomery and a supporting cast of shooters and size. Valley returns most of its roster from last season.

junedawg14
Riding the Bench

Post by junedawg14 »

It'll be a dog fight. Minford and Valley both will be strong. Minford returns three starters with great young talent rounding out the starting five. Valley will be Sr. heavy with lots of experience. And you can't sleep on SW, which already had some solid players returning and now have three transfers in from Burg to add some depth.

We Need More Cowbell!
N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Post by N2Hoops »

SW is the sleeper.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I’ve heard through the very solid grapevine that Roberts is now 6’8 and packing on muscle and we still have what 5 months until tip off? Plus the Burg Boyz coming in hot. Benders 21-22 season was great defensively and on the point. I think Will Collins had a knee injury or something this year I saw a picture of him in a wheelchair some months ago but I’d imagine he’ll be good to go by then.
Shupert and Campbell. The incoming freshman Hunter Barnard could play varsity as well he’s that good.

It’s A tossup between Valley, Webster, and Minford

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Y’all better get some fresh pads and rotors before you come down to brake Beatin town

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

AnkleBraces wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:11 amRANK EM
Minford
Webster
Valley
Burg
NW
West
Eastern
Waverly

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Minford
Valley
Webster
Burg
West
Waverly
NW
Eastern

Think minford and valley are really the 1A/B teams and could go either way. Giving Minford the nod simply because they probably have the top scorer in the area. Webster will be on most games but look for them to have a nice post season.

allaboutsports
Riding the Bench

Post by allaboutsports »

Waverly actually went 3-0 at Portsmouth and beat a good Circleville team the other day They may just surprise you
agree that Mindford and valley is top 2

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

allaboutsports wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:01 am Waverly actually went 3-0 at Portsmouth and beat a good Circleville team the other day They may just surprise you
agree that Mindford and valley is top 2
I just don't see it, yeah they won 3 games at Portsmouth by a combined 7 points or so. They went up to OSU and were beat by 32 points, 16 points and 51 points, New Hope beat them 61-34, Westfall only beat them 47-37 that same night. The Circleville game they were only playing 10 minute quarters and starting the score over, Waverly really struggled to make shots and in the Circleville game only player hitting 3's was a freshman on the JV team. Teams are going to pack the middle and Waverly could really struggle to score this year if they don't figure things out.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

greygoose wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:34 pm Minford
Valley
Webster
Burg
West
Waverly
NW
Eastern

Think minford and valley are really the 1A/B teams and could go either way. Giving Minford the nod simply because they probably have the top scorer in the area. Webster will be on most games but look for them to have a nice post season.
I'll be surprised if Waverly finishes ahead of Northwest.

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

BigBlueNation wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:17 pm
Valley
Webster
Burg
West
Waverly
NW
Eastern

Will not be surprising. Will be outcoached. NW just keeps recycling coaches and expect different results. What's that called? Oh yeah NW.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I saw Roberts at Jackson….didn’t look 6’8 but next to me he’d look 7’2

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Tower wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:53 pm
Valley
Webster
Burg
West
Waverly
NW
Eastern

Will not be surprising. Will be outcoached. NW just keeps recycling coaches and expect different results. What's that called? Oh yeah NW.
Not the problem right now with basketball. Most of it is kids not willing to put in the time and work to get better. You have a handful that are willing but that's it.

Big Blue Nation
Waterboy

Post by Big Blue Nation »

1. MInford
2. South Webster
3. Valley
4. Wheelersburg
5. West
6. Waverly
7. Northwest
8. Waverly

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Waverly has 2 teams?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

It’s ok I still forget EP is in the league and it’s been like 4 years now

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

BigBlueNation wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:46 pm

Not the problem right now with basketball. Most of it is kids not willing to put in the time and work to get better. You have a handful that are willing but that's it.
The group of kids there now are more than willing to put the time and effort in. Kids did not want to play for Scarberry and his disciples, they never have. When the board did not renew Scarberry's contract the first time who did they hire? Barlow, Scarberry's assistant. kids did not want to play for Barlow. Board gets rid of him (do you know why?), who do they hire? Smith, assistant to Scarberry and Barlow. board gets rid of Smith, who do they hire? Scarberry which retained Smith brought back all the same coaches and added his son and now I hear brought back Barlow (why did they get rid of him?). Who do you think the next assistant coach that makes the ranks as a NW head coach will be? recycling the same coaches and same system that hasn't worked for how many years. Might get more by in from players if the school board wipes the slate clean and brings in new and exciting coaches, new system, new thought processes. By the way, who did they hire as girls head coach?

2quick2catch
Freshman Team

Post by 2quick2catch »

Tower wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:06 am
BigBlueNation wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:46 pm

The group of kids there now are more than willing to put the time and effort in. Kids did not want to play for Scarberry and his disciples, they never have. When the board did not renew Scarberry's contract the first time who did they hire? Barlow, Scarberry's assistant. kids did not want to play for Barlow. Board gets rid of him (do you know why?), who do they hire? Smith, assistant to Scarberry and Barlow. board gets rid of Smith, who do they hire? Scarberry which retained Smith brought back all the same coaches and added his son and now I hear brought back Barlow (why did they get rid of him?). Who do you think the next assistant coach that makes the ranks as a NW head coach will be? recycling the same coaches and same system that hasn't worked for how many years. Might get more by in from players if the school board wipes the slate clean and brings in new and exciting coaches, new system, new thought processes. By the way, who did they hire as girls head coach?
I believe Smith, and Drew will probably be NW next head coach.

FatBoy
Waterboy

Post by FatBoy »

WOW! OakHill does not even get ranked in their own league!

Return to “Boys Basketball”