TVC 2023 LEAGUE PROJECTIONS

itsme
Varsity

Re: TVC 2023 LEAGUE PROJECTIONS

Post by itsme »

Logangrad wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:03 am Meigs has enough talent and size to win the league. When I was an assistant there with Baer and Cleland and few other players, we had enough talent to win the league but lost some key games with big leads. At Athens with a 23 point lead at half only to lose, still haunts me. I think the Marauders have another talented group this year but they need to win and finish games they are leading or expecting to win. Losing key games to upstarts has to stop in order to win the TVC. Meigs has played some crazy talent in the tournament the last few years losing to Ironton with a lead, Waverly and Zane Trace the last 3 seasons. It should prepare them for a good season. Coach Hill has been around long enough to show solid leadership. Losing 4 year starter Coulter Cleland hurts, and Morgan Roberts but they return Ethan Stewart, Brayden Stanley, Griffin Cleland, Braylon Harrison and Conlee Burnem.
Stanley and Cleland both out but don't know for how long

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

itsme wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:18 pm
Logangrad wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:03 am Meigs has enough talent and size to win the league. When I was an assistant there with Baer and Cleland and few other players, we had enough talent to win the league but lost some key games with big leads. At Athens with a 23 point lead at half only to lose, still haunts me. I think the Marauders have another talented group this year but they need to win and finish games they are leading or expecting to win. Losing key games to upstarts has to stop in order to win the TVC. Meigs has played some crazy talent in the tournament the last few years losing to Ironton with a lead, Waverly and Zane Trace the last 3 seasons. It should prepare them for a good season. Coach Hill has been around long enough to show solid leadership. Losing 4 year starter Coulter Cleland hurts, and Morgan Roberts but they return Ethan Stewart, Brayden Stanley, Griffin Cleland, Braylon Harrison and Conlee Burnem.
i believe Cleland will be back sometime mid season, stanley idk about probably just depends on how his acl recovers and if he's willing to push to get back on the court this year

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Ouch. Well that changes things doesnt it? :shock:

Live Like A Champion!
Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Logangrad wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:27 am
Not really. Still have a lit of talent with Brody Butcher, Quentin Lewis, and Kaden Gheen

Union Local Kid
Riding the Bench

Post by Union Local Kid »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:37 pm
vcgrad wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:49 am Wellston has no culture- Meigs has no coach-- Vc has both--People forget --the new head coach has been there for years and we have some talent that moved up and moved in.... Just wait and see.
VC COMES IN 4TH OR 5TH this year
They'll be first. They have the parts to be a really, REALLY good team.

Pioneer77
Waterboy

Post by Pioneer77 »

Seems like so an awful lot of wide difference of opinion in this conference. Will VC be improved from last season? I wouldn't have expected it, but maybe so. I would think Meigs would be similar to last season as well. Who will be some of the better DivII teams VC will play this season?

Union Local Kid
Riding the Bench

Post by Union Local Kid »

Pioneer77 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:56 am Seems like so an awful lot of wide difference of opinion in this conference. Will VC be improved from last season? I wouldn't have expected it, but maybe so. I would think Meigs would be similar to last season as well. Who will be some of the better DivII teams VC will play this season?
With Brown back at VC, they will have the second leading scorer in the league. On top of that, Allman will be in the post who will be a handful himself and now let's add the 3 point shooters that will be plentiful on this team and I think this team will have the potential to be top tier material in the league. Meigs should be talented as well and of course Alexander will be top notch. Those are your top 3.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Vinton County looked good at Logan. Shot the ball well. Any other schools have an scrimmage reports?

Live Like A Champion!
vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Don't count the Vikings out-- we just reload!!!!! :D :D :D

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

Union Local Kid wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:58 pm
Pioneer77 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:56 am Seems like so an awful lot of wide difference of opinion in this conference. Will VC be improved from last season? I wouldn't have expected it, but maybe so. I would think Meigs would be similar to last season as well. Who will be some of the better DivII teams VC will play this season?
With Brown back at VC, they will have the second leading scorer in the league. On top of that, Allman will be in the post who will be a handful himself and now let's add the 3 point shooters that will be plentiful on this team and I think this team will have the potential to be top tier material in the league. Meigs should be talented as well and of course Alexander will be top notch. Those are your top 3.
Based on the recent success of our football program and how the kids learned to listen to the coach, I am guessing Meigs is staring at a 20 win season in basketball.

PurplePower
Freshman Team

Post by PurplePower »

Logangrad wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:27 am
Even at full strength, Meigs would get the brakes beaten off them by Logan.

BEWARE OF THE STOMP AND STARE!
*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

MarauderMadness wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:14 am
Based on the recent success of our football program and how the kids learned to listen to the coach, I am guessing Meigs is staring at a 20 win season in basketball.
Can’t speak for basketball, but in football when they listened the team was undefeated. The key to that though is you gotta have a coach worth listening to. It worked out well in football is all I can tell you.

I know, I was D1 fellas
DUNK1
Freshman Team

Post by DUNK1 »

Got to pick Howie to win the Hocking. Especially with the extra weeks of practice. Defending champions and you have to beat the best to be the best. Championship Road runs through Glouster again.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

DUNK1 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:43 pm Got to pick Howie to win the Hocking. Especially with the extra weeks of practice. Defending champions and you have to beat the best to be the best. Championship Road runs through Glouster again.
Although I have no doubt he will get the most from his kids, Fed has to be the favorite coming in. They return too much scoring and they have shown the D they play is top level when its on.
Tariq Cottrill and Andrew Airhart could both be league MVPs potentially and both shoot it as good as anyone in the area.

Live Like A Champion!
Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

The only reason Fed beat Trimble last year was that 19 year old transfer they had. Won’t be a problem this year. Howie has a special treat just for the spotlighters.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

just stop you are embarassing meigs

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

*D1* wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:11 pm

Can’t speak for basketball, but in football when they listened the team was undefeated. The key to that though is you gotta have a coach worth listening to. It worked out well in football is all I can tell you.
just stop you are embarassing meigs, Truly!

DUNK1
Freshman Team

Post by DUNK1 »

Logangrad wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:27 am
DUNK1 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:43 pm Got to pick Howie to win the Hocking. Especially with the extra weeks of practice. Defending champions and you have to beat the best to be the best. Championship Road runs through Glouster again.
Although I have no doubt he will get the most from his kids, Fed has to be the favorite coming in. They return too much scoring and they have shown the D they play is top level when its on.
Tariq Cottrill and Andrew Airhart could both be league MVPs potentially and both shoot it as good as anyone in the area.
Big mistake counting Howie out. But he’s used to proving the nay sayers wrong. Especially when football doesn’t get in the way. That’s why he loved Federal, Eastern and Racine. They wasn’t much of a chance of the football teams being any good and getting in the way. Now he has that at Trimble so hang on and see how much better he’ll be.

Almost Champions
Freshman Team

Post by Almost Champions »

Tomcat Queen wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:34 am The only reason Fed beat Trimble last year was that 19 year old transfer they had. Won’t be a problem this year. Howie has a special treat just for the spotlighters.
I bet we Reed all about it soon if it plays out the way I hear

1980-82.....the glory days of Southern basketball. We almost did it!
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

DUNK1 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:05 am
Logangrad wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:27 am
Big mistake counting Howie out. But he’s used to proving the nay sayers wrong. Especially when football doesn’t get in the way. That’s why he loved Federal, Eastern and Racine. They wasn’t much of a chance of the football teams being any good and getting in the way. Now he has that at Trimble so hang on and see how much better he’ll be.
I dont think I "counted him out" by any stretch. I just think Fed has the experience this time to win it. As I said, Coach will get the most out of his kids as he always does and I wouldnt be shocked at all if they some how pull it out. If Im not mistaken, Trimble had a JV team that went undefeated or lost one game last year or the year before so he has some kids that can play. But I think FH will win it with the experience they have coming back and the way they get after in on D.

Live Like A Champion!

Return to “Boys Basketball”