Return to Glory in Racine

Almost Champions
Freshman Team

Return to Glory in Racine

Post by Almost Champions »

I think we are in the verge of something special. Weight room attendance is down and open gym attendance is up. Maybe we can get the butcher to get the boys in the downtown athletic club to throw in some gas money for some of the boys to help summer league attendance. Might be 1980 all over again.

1980-82.....the glory days of Southern basketball. We almost did it!
Picket Fence
Riding the Bench

Re: Return to Glory in Racine

Post by Picket Fence »

I heard you guys have an incoming freshman basketball player that’s the, “real deal?” Or is he an incoming 8th grader?

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

Almost Champions wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:35 am I think we are in the verge of something special. Weight room attendance is down and open gym attendance is up. Maybe we can get the butcher to get the boys in the downtown athletic club to throw in some gas money for some of the boys to help summer league attendance. Might be 1980 all over again.
You just post just to stir something up? You need some new lines and a life. Stop pretending you are from Southern

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Almost Champions wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:35 am I think we are in the verge of something special. Weight room attendance is down and open gym attendance is up. Maybe we can get the butcher to get the boys in the downtown athletic club to throw in some gas money for some of the boys to help summer league attendance. Might be 1980 all over again.
You old school Racine guys need to give it up. You're never getting back to the glory days of Carl Wolfe. Ole Dog and I have had countless conversations about this and even he agrees with me. Best to just keep those as fond memories and face the facts that it ain't ever gonna be that way for you again. :mrgreen:

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
Almost Champions
Freshman Team

Post by Almost Champions »

chrishilton91 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:33 am
You just post just to stir something up? You need some new lines and a life. Stop pretending you are from Southern
Mind your business boy. Maybe you should focus on that athletic train wreck in Belpre. Seems to me y’all got nothin to be proud of. Even your soccer team is bad and most TVC schools don’t even play.

1980-82.....the glory days of Southern basketball. We almost did it!
Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

Almost Champions wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:50 am
Mind your business boy. Maybe you should focus on that athletic train wreck in Belpre. Seems to me y’all got nothin to be proud of. Even your soccer team is bad and most TVC schools don’t even play.
Has Southern ever advanced to the regional since 1982?

High Fade
Waterboy

Post by High Fade »

Billy Brave wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:57 pm

Advanced to regionals in 88 and 09

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

High Fade wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:38 pm

Thank you. In 09 do you remember who they beat in the district finals?

High Fade
Waterboy

Post by High Fade »

Billy Brave wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:40 am

If memory serves me correct, Reedsville Eatern.

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

High Fade wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:23 pm

Yeah I was thinking that was the year that they made it to regionals without having to beat anyone outside the TVC Hocking.

High Fade
Waterboy

Post by High Fade »

Billy Brave wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:19 am

Yeah I was thinking that was the year that they made it to regionals without having to beat anyone outside the TVC Hocking.
They beat SV, Sciotoville, Reedsville Eastern to make it to Regionals. I speak three languages: English, Spanish and facts.

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

High Fade wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:47 pm

They beat SV, Sciotoville, Reedsville Eastern to make it to Regionals. I speak three languages: English, Spanish and facts.
So, the "facts" are you had to get through Reedsville Eastern to make it to the regionals. That must have been a monumental task.

High Fade
Waterboy

Post by High Fade »

Billy Brave wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:39 pm

So, the "facts" are you had to get through Reedsville Eastern to make it to the regionals. That must have been a monumental task.
Oh Billy, Billy, Billy. I was simply responding to your comment and I quote “without having to beat anyone outside the TVC Hocking”. OHSAA records indicate Southern beat two schools outside their league. No need to get all flustered. Facts, Billy. Facts.

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

High Fade wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:05 pm
Billy Brave wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:39 pm

Oh Billy, Billy, Billy. I was simply responding to your comment and I quote “without having to beat anyone outside the TVC Hocking”. OHSAA records indicate Southern beat two schools outside their league. No need to get all flustered. Facts, Billy. Facts.
I'm going out on a limb here and guessing you've never experienced figure of speech in a conversation. I'm glad that you have something to hang onto from 13 years ago. Lord knows Southern has not had much since then. But my point was and is, the best team they had to beat was from the Hocking. Now you get in that Spanish dictionary and look up the translation of "figure of speech" and maybe you'll understand better.

Cousin H
Waterboy

Post by Cousin H »

Hopefully we get our assez waxed by Eastern and our forst round playoff opponent and no one gets hurt so we can get back to basics in Racine. Fullcourt press and a great halfcourt offense are what we need to focus on. I hear Howies boy is installing that Wheel offense people ran along time ago. Has anyone heard anything at Toms Butcher shop?

The Butcher
Waterboy

Post by The Butcher »

The Old School Racine fans are really chattering about this being "our year" here in the butcher shop. Cant wait to see what Jeff has cookin.

If we haven't heard a rumor by noon, we start one!
DUNK1
Freshman Team

Post by DUNK1 »

The Butcher wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:39 am The Old School Racine fans are really chattering about this being "our year" here in the butcher shop. Cant wait to see what Jeff has cookin.
Jeff’s a great coach but he can’t win without talent. Only Howie can make something out of nothing. Jeff’s just not to that point in his career yet and may never be as few ever do get there.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Maybe if junior spent more time with his daddy at practice he could get something going

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.

Return to “Boys Basketball”