Portsmouth Trojans 22-23 Basketball

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Re: Portsmouth Trojans 22-23 Basketball

Post by Hoopster98 »

I don't see anybody in house having the experience Jeff has. If PCSD wants the keep the ship from sinking Jeff is the hire, but also if offered Jeff has to accept it.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Getting closer for the announcement ,what ever the direction it goes,I want what's best for the program and for that we will need some one that was as dedicated as Coach Collins was to putting in the work and dedication for the kids........

I think we would get that from Jeff ....

I'm a trojan and I will definitely support whoever it is though!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

biggdowgg wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:28 am Getting closer for the announcement ,what ever the direction it goes,I want what's best for the program and for that we will need some one that was as dedicated as Coach Collins was to putting in the work and dedication for the kids........

I think we would get that from Jeff ....

I'm a trojan and I will definitely support whoever it is though!
When do they think they will make an announcement? Is it pretty much a done deal that lisath is coming in?

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Interviews are scheduled for next week, and a final decision will be made on April 20th at the Board Meeting. Of course Jeff is my first choice for the job but I am like biggdowgg, I will support whoever it is because I too am a Trojan and want to see our basketball program turn around in the right direction. It's been 6 years since PHS has won a sectional, which is way too long for a school that has won 64 sectional titles.

The biggest challenge for the next coach will be to develop the lower levels. The 7th, 8th, and 9th grade players from last season went 1-33 in Junior Varsity and Junior High combined. They seriously lack dribbling, passing, and shooting skills. They lost many games by 20-30 points with a running clock often going. There are also behavioral issues that must be addressed. A lot of work has to be done with this group because these players will make up the varsity in 2 years.

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

TTT

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

One week until the decision and the future of Portsmouth basketball. From what I heard today, yesterday, and the last few days Jeff Lisath is still committed to being the next Trojan HC. Of course the PCSD school board will make the final call next Thursday, whether it be Jeff or someone else.

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

The PCSD school board meetings are normally open to the public. Sessions start around 7:30 PM at the High School, probably in the cafetorium.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Should get some answers this week I'm guessing.....

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Sounds like a new awakening for Portsmouth Basketball in both boys and girls! Portsmouth will have 2 great basketball Coach’s that know how to Coach and get the kids excited again for one of power house names in Ohio basketball history.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

If Coach Jeff Lisath is the new Coach,Portsmouth will become a legit team to be reckoned with. Coach AmyHughes is on the verge of these talented girls to start creating a name in Ohio as a team to watch.also Coach Mike Hughes is one of the best there is at Coaching boys or girls. He’s a Hall of Famer!

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

Hopefully Jeff is the new coach. I can already tell the fan base is ready for this hire and if it happens momentum will build and Jeff will get kids playing again!

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Same question I ask on south Webster thread.

Will everyone stay to play for Jeff ,or will Burg Gain from it like the rumors on the street are saying?

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

I'm hearing this news all the way in Kansas City, Missouri...Please tell me it's not true...My guy coming back to the southeast? Nah, not buying this.

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

You know big news must be happening about Jeff Lisath if Jimmy The Greek post

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Pinwheel wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:09 pm Same question I ask on south Webster thread.

Will everyone stay to play for Jeff ,or will Burg Gain from it like the rumors on the street are saying?
I was told that ship has already sailed and will be running Track for Wheelersburg soon.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:24 pm
Pinwheel wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:09 pm Same question I ask on south Webster thread.

I was told that ship has already sailed and will be running Track for Wheelersburg soon.

Good for him ,hope it works out for him there!

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

I have posted a separate thread about Jeff Lisath becoming the HC of the Trojans.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Is Jeff retired from working in the prison system?

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Bozo wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:27 am Is Jeff retired from working in the prison system?

Yes

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

congrats toJeff Lisath and Portsmouth Trojans!

Return to “Boys Basketball”