2022-23 FAC

FACSPORTS
JV Team

2022-23 FAC

Post by FACSPORTS »

Basketball season is just around the corner! We are about a month away from the beginning of the regular season. It's absolutely insane how fast the fall sports season has gone by.
Who is the top contender in the FAC this season? Hillsboro and McClain feature new head coaches and will be 5th and 6th in the league in my opinion. Between, Chilli, Jackson, MT, and WCH, I really have no clue who the favorite is. I expect all four to be competitive this year, and I think we could see an FAC champion with three league losses this season.

Thoughts?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2022-23 FAC

Post by Ironman92 »

League will be down

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:28 pm League will be down
So do you agree with the potential of a three-loss league champ?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

If WCH returns all of the players who were expected to be back, I think they are the favorite. They’ll obviously have to replace a big time home at PG, but Wall is solid.

MT should be decent. If Chillicothe finds some kids walking the halls to play, they’ll be good. But, just not a lot of basketball talent returning.

Jackson is going to be very young. I think they’ll fit into the 4th slot, but they’ll still have some strong athletes.

Hillsboro and McClain both graduated a lot, so I’d have a hard time seeing them jumping into the top half this season.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

FACSPORTS wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:58 am
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:28 pm League will be down
So do you agree with the potential of a three-loss league champ?
If Chilly isn’t very good then yes.

mt1fan
Freshman Team

Post by mt1fan »

It will be a 4 horse race. MT, Jackson, Chilli and WCH all have the ability to win this year.

MT- has a lot of returning starters/ significant minute players.
Guthrie, Guess, Boedeker, Osborne. They have some freshman coming in this year who could see some time as well. A lot of height on this team. The big question is, who will step up and be the floor general?

WCH- Look no further than Wall, Lemaster and company.

Jackson/ Chilli- Complete toss up.
I would imagine Jackson has some dudes that can ball, they seem to reload in every sport.

If Chilli can get Galloway out to play, they could draw in some more athletes to play.

My opinion

1. WCH
2. Jackson
3. MT
4. Chillicothe
5. McClain
6. Hillsboro

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mt1fan wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:43 pm It will be a 4 horse race. MT, Jackson, Chilli and WCH all have the ability to win this year.

Guthrie, Guess, Boedeker, Osborne. They have some freshman coming in this year who could see some time as well. A lot of height on this team. The big question is, who will step up and be the floor general?

I would imagine Jackson has some dudes that can ball, they seem to reload in every sport.

If Chilli can get Galloway out to play, they could draw in some more athletes to play.

My opinion

1. WCH
2. Jackson
3. MT
4. Chillicothe
5. McClain
6. Hillsboro
Jackson has Boston Campbell a junior and Evan Jarvis a senior. Campbell will be asked to do it all and Jarvis will have a huge role In everything as well. I’m not sure much else returns from the varsity rotation last season. I imagine Jacob Winters will be early enrolling at OU for football. If he were to play I could see Jackson in that 2 slot, but doubt he is. A couple JV kids who are now juniors will get significant PT and a slew of successful freshman…..but all of them will be footballing for maybe another month.

I’d guess come tournament time Morrow and staff will have them far better than their tournament seed.

The Washington transfer should put them over the top with Wall and LeMaster

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:19 pm
mt1fan wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:43 pm It will be a 4 horse race. MT, Jackson, Chilli and WCH all have the ability to win this year.

My opinion

1. WCH
2. Jackson
3. MT
4. Chillicothe
5. McClain
6. Hillsboro
Jackson has Boston Campbell a junior and Evan Jarvis a senior. Campbell will be asked to do it all and Jarvis will have a huge role In everything as well. I’m not sure much else returns from the varsity rotation last season. I imagine Jacob Winters will be early enrolling at OU for football. If he were to play I could see Jackson in that 2 slot, but doubt he is. A couple JV kids who are now juniors will get significant PT and a slew of successful freshman…..but all of them will be footballing for maybe another month.

I’d guess come tournament time Morrow and staff will have them far better than their tournament seed.

Coach Morrow always has the boys ready come tournament time! Excellent coach who always does more with less IMO.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

FACSPORTS wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:20 am
Ironman92 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:19 pm

My opinion

1. WCH
2. Jackson
3. MT
4. Chillicothe
5. McClain
6. Hillsboro

Coach Morrow always has the boys ready come tournament time! Excellent coach who always does more with less IMO.
The last couple years especially 80+% of the basketball rotation players were full fledged football from July 1 through late November….tough sledding. Morrow and staff’s game prep and scouting is top notch. Kids always know exactly what the opponent will be doing.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

mt1fan wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:43 pm If Chilli can get Galloway out to play, they could draw in some more athletes to play.
According to his Twitter account he is playing basketball this upcoming season.

TrueFan
JV Team

Post by TrueFan »

Is Fliehman not returning for MT? If he is coming back, I believe Boedekker and Fliehman would split time running the show. In their absence, my guess would be Salyers.

mt1fan
Freshman Team

Post by mt1fan »

TrueFan wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:24 pm

Is Fliehman not returning for MT? If he is coming back, I believe Boedekker and Fliehman would split time running the show. In their absence, my guess would be Salyers.
Forgot about Fliehman, I assume he would be returning. A lot of returning players, excited to see what they can do!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Miami Trace starts off in the Elite 8 at the 7 spot - the Panthers return a lot of talent off of last seasons 6-13 squad ... last year I kept thinking the sophomore group would mature faster, make noise in the upper 1/4 of the rankings - never got over the hump BUT now those same sophs are now jr's with varsity experience - they had to open in the top 8 ... led by the man in the middle Andrew Guthrie 6-8, 295 lbs - will draw a lot of attention at both ends of the floor ... returning starters Eli Fliehman (jr), Garrett Guess (jr) both can shoot the ball to keep the double teams off of Guthrie in the paint ... Austin Boedeker - wait for it - another one of last years sophs that got experience and returning as a junior ... more junior cast of supports in Shay Salyers, Bryson Osborne, Brady Armstrong (6-3) , senior Bryson Sheets ... I see MT flipping the record or better in 2022-23 ... the Panthers will for sure be on the Pfloyd Tour multiple times this season ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:38 pm Miami Trace starts off in the Elite 8 at the 7 spot - the Panthers return a lot of talent off of last seasons 6-13 squad ... last year I kept thinking the sophomore group would mature faster, make noise in the upper 1/4 of the rankings - never got over the hump BUT now those same sophs are now jr's with varsity experience - they had to open in the top 8 ... led by the man in the middle Andrew Guthrie 6-8, 295 lbs - will draw a lot of attention at both ends of the floor ... returning starters Eli Fliehman (jr), Garrett Guess (jr) both can shoot the ball to keep the double teams off of Guthrie in the paint ... Austin Boedeker - wait for it - another one of last years sophs that got experience and returning as a junior ... more junior cast of supports in Shay Salyers, Bryson Osborne, Brady Armstrong (6-3) , senior Bryson Sheets ... I see MT flipping the record or better in 2022-23 ... the Panthers will for sure be on the Pfloyd Tour multiple times this season ...
Guess looked big on the football field, maybe grew a couple inches

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:38 pm Miami Trace starts off in the Elite 8 at the 7 spot - the Panthers return a lot of talent off of last seasons 6-13 squad ... last year I kept thinking the sophomore group would mature faster, make noise in the upper 1/4 of the rankings - never got over the hump BUT now those same sophs are now jr's with varsity experience - they had to open in the top 8 ... led by the man in the middle Andrew Guthrie 6-8, 295 lbs - will draw a lot of attention at both ends of the floor ... returning starters Eli Fliehman (jr), Garrett Guess (jr) both can shoot the ball to keep the double teams off of Guthrie in the paint ... Austin Boedeker - wait for it - another one of last years sophs that got experience and returning as a junior ... more junior cast of supports in Shay Salyers, Bryson Osborne, Brady Armstrong (6-3) , senior Bryson Sheets ... I see MT flipping the record or better in 2022-23 ... the Panthers will for sure be on the Pfloyd Tour multiple times this season ...
Salyers is a Senior actually.

Side Note: I have heard that MT was able to get Senior Guard Isaiah Reisinger to play this year. He decided not to play his Junior year but was either a starter or sixth man as a sophomore. I remember watching him in a game at Hillsboro his sophomore year where he scored 15 points hitting five threes. Very good ballhandler, passer, shooter, and plays solid defense. He will absolutely help this Panther team this season and I could potentially see him running the show at PG.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

FACSPORTS wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:39 am
Salyers is a Senior actually.

Side Note: I have heard that MT was able to get Senior Guard Isaiah Reisinger to play this year. He decided not to play his Junior year but was either a starter or sixth man as a sophomore. I remember watching him in a game at Hillsboro his sophomore year where he scored 15 points hitting five threes. Very good ballhandler, passer, shooter, and plays solid defense. He will absolutely help this Panther team this season and I could potentially see him running the show at PG.
Thanks FACSPORTS for the correction! MT sounds like they might just do BETTER than simply flipping last seasons record ... I was impressed with them LAST year when I saw them early on - as I posted I thought a lot about the sophomore group from last season ... looking forward to getting eyes on them again this season ...

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

Chillicothe and it won’t be particularly close wait until you guys See Tre King play basketball moved from down south last year didn’t hoop played football and you saw the athleticism on jump balls the kid has a 40 in very at 6’5 can take 3 dribbles from half court and dunk on anyone him and Galloway will be tough for anyone Chillicothe will be 6’3-6’5 across the board and year 2 under coach beard will be a show can’t wait

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Do they have anyone who can dribble? Or shoot? Or not scream at teammates when they don’t get the ball?

mt1fan
Freshman Team

Post by mt1fan »

Ohio1234 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:58 pm Chillicothe and it won’t be particularly close wait until you guys See Tre King play basketball moved from down south last year didn’t hoop played football and you saw the athleticism on jump balls the kid has a 40 in very at 6’5 can take 3 dribbles from half court and dunk on anyone him and Galloway will be tough for anyone Chillicothe will be 6’3-6’5 across the board and year 2 under coach beard will be a show can’t wait
I like Chilli this year. If they can play as a team and not a group of individuals trying to "get theirs". They could do some damage. Loved watching Galloway his freshman year at the U.

TrueFan
JV Team

Post by TrueFan »

Word on the street is that Miami Trace just took a huge hit to their roster this year. Fliehman has turned in his gear and is not playing and they just lost Guess to an injury over the weekend, broken arm!

Return to “Boys Basketball”