Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Preseason 22-23

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Preseason 22-23

Post by pfloyd »

... with the ZT Tipoff Classic "tipping off" so early on Wednesday - the 2 teams I really wanted to see South Point vs Circleville are tipping off before I even get off work - I'm heading for Miami Trace to catch MT vs the U Wednesday night ... the Pfloyd Tour then heads for the Warren Clash at the Coliseum both Friday and Saturday :

Wednesday :

Unioto @ Miami Trace

Friday @ Warren High School:

11:00 Union Local vs Logan Girls
12:45 Fairfield Christian Academy vs Frontier Boys
2:30 Marietta vs Trimble Boys
4:15 Athens vs Warren Boys
6:00 Portsmouth West vs Waterford Boys
7:45 Waterford vs Warren Girls

Saturday @ Warren High School :

11:00 Belpre vs Morgan Girls
12:45 Fairland vs Morgan Boys
2:30 John Glenn vs Fairland Girls
4:15 Warren vs Meigs Girls
6:00 Federal Hocking vs Caldwell Boys
7:45 Warren vs Belpre Boys

... going to be a great opening week !!! anytime I can have Trimble, Warren, Portsmouth West, Fairland, Federal Hocking coming to the same place - perfect ...

Dragonguy13
Freshman Team

Post by Dragonguy13 »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:18 pm ... with the ZT Tipoff Classic "tipping off" so early on Wednesday - the 2 teams I really wanted to see South Point vs Circleville are tipping off before I even get off work - I'm heading for Miami Trace to catch MT vs the U Wednesday night ... the Pfloyd Tour then heads for the Warren Clash at the Coliseum both Friday and Saturday :

Wednesday :

Unioto @ Miami Trace

... going to be a great opening week !!! anytime I can have Trimble, Warren, Portsmouth West, Fairland, Federal Hocking coming to the same place - perfect ...
Hope to meet the legendary pfloyd at Warren!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Dragonguy13 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:52 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:18 pm ... with the ZT Tipoff Classic "tipping off" so early on Wednesday - the 2 teams I really wanted to see South Point vs Circleville are tipping off before I even get off work - I'm heading for Miami Trace to catch MT vs the U Wednesday night ... the Pfloyd Tour then heads for the Warren Clash at the Coliseum both Friday and Saturday :

Wednesday :

Unioto @ Miami Trace

Hope to meet the legendary pfloyd at Warren!
I will be there DragonGuy13 ... glad Coach Speed is bringing his Dragons into my part of the basketball world early in the season!!!

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

I seen Fairfield Union and Athens at Jackson Saturday. FU is going to be really good. They guard you hard and they are physical. They have size and length. I am not sure how well they will shoot it, but everything else they have will keep them in the game.

Athens will control tempo and try to play into the upper 30's. The zone they play can give you fits. They will struggle to score, but they do have a long lead guard that can score.

Jackson is going to be very young, but they are athletic and play very hard. They are going to be a 7-10 seed that someone isn't going to be happy about seeing on the other side of the sectional bracket.

I would agree on Oak Hill as I have seen them twice. I do not think they have the scoring to hang with the top 3 in the SOC, but I believe they are right there on that next tier with Northwest. I believe Wheelersburg and West are next and I feel Waverly and Eastern will be hoping to scrape a league win here or there.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:22 pm I seen Fairfield Union and Athens at Jackson Saturday. FU is going to be really good. They guard you hard and they are physical. They have size and length. I am not sure how well they will shoot it, but everything else they have will keep them in the game.

Athens will control tempo and try to play into the upper 30's. The zone they play can give you fits. They will struggle to score, but they do have a long lead guard that can score.

Jackson is going to be very young, but they are athletic and play very hard. They are going to be a 7-10 seed that someone isn't going to be happy about seeing on the other side of the sectional bracket.

I would agree on Oak Hill as I have seen them twice. I do not think they have the scoring to hang with the top 3 in the SOC, but I believe they are right there on that next tier with Northwest. I believe Wheelersburg and West are next and I feel Waverly and Eastern will be hoping to scrape a league win here or there.
... good stuff Crab's Brother !!! thanks for your input - I'll catch you in a gym in "somewhere" Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line I'm sure ... have a great season my friend !!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

WooHoo!!!! Let's light this candle!!! Tip Off the 2022-23 regular season !!! Zane Trace Tip Off Classic this morning! gotta love this time of the year !!! Tip Off today then onward through March !!!! ...

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:23 pm
Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:22 pm I seen Fairfield Union and Athens at Jackson Saturday. FU is going to be really good. They guard you hard and they are physical. They have size and length. I am not sure how well they will shoot it, but everything else they have will keep them in the game.

... good stuff Crab's Brother !!! thanks for your input - I'll catch you in a gym in "somewhere" Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line I'm sure ... have a great season my friend !!!
You will for sure!

Got to see Notre Dame and Wheelersburg last night. I would move Burg up some in the SOC. They have a solid group of athletes. I think they may struggle to score, but the Wright kid hit 6-7 3's last night. If he shoots it well all year, the Burg will beat some teams. ND is going to be young. I think they started 4 sophomores last night.

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

Wednesday :

Unioto @ Miami Trace

I don't see Caldwell in your rankings, but they play Federal Hocking at the Clash. Any prediction/expectations for this game? Both were pretty solid last season.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Hookshot wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:59 pm

Wednesday :

Unioto @ Miami Trace

I don't see Caldwell in your rankings, but they play Federal Hocking at the Clash. Any prediction/expectations for this game? Both were pretty solid last season.
Caldwell is in the East District ... I don't rank the East District Schools ... Caldwell's Bede Lori scored 31 when I watched them vs Trimble (Trimble won by 14) ... CHS went the FT line a lot ... Lori was pretty much THE team scoring wise he had 31, the rest of the Caldwell team had 20 points in the loss ... 51-65 ...

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:28 pm

Wednesday :

Unioto @ Miami Trace

Caldwell is in the East District ... I don't rank the East District Schools ... Caldwell's Bede Lori scored 31 when I watched them vs Trimble (Trimble won by 14) ... CHS went the FT line a lot ... Lori was pretty much THE team scoring wise he had 31, the rest of the Caldwell team had 20 points in the loss ... 51-65 ...
Based on your knowledge of the teams this year, would Trimble be able to compete with them this year? My guess is Caldwell might be favored by a few…

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Hookshot wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:40 pm

Based on your knowledge of the teams this year, would Trimble be able to compete with them this year? My guess is Caldwell might be favored by a few…
... the only thing I know about Caldwell is Bede Lori WILL get HIS as he has done his entire career on the hardwood for Caldwell ... Trimble has 2 players returning with varsity experience , neither starters, Cole Wright who DID start at the beginning of the season last year filling in for Bryce Downs, off the bench was MJ Clark - he's very good player and will I'm sure be leaned on for offense as he steps out from behind last years graduating class ... size will be an issue based on the jv team who will now BE "THE VARSITY" ... all good players! Levi Weber, Burdette, Kempton ... an excellent j team who played D, got out in transition, can shoot the triple, good passers of the ball, as ALL Howie coached teams they work the ball to get the shot THEY want from spots on the floor THEY want to take shots ... looking forward to seeing them Friday at Warren! ... will be interesting to get input as to how Trimble did today @ Fairland for a scrimmage this morning ...

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:42 pm
pfloyd wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:28 pm Caldwell is in the East District ... I don't rank the East District Schools ... Caldwell's Bede Lori scored 31 when I watched them vs Trimble (Trimble won by 14) ... CHS went the FT line a lot ... Lori was pretty much THE team scoring wise he had 31, the rest of the Caldwell team had 20 points in the loss ... 51-65 ...
... the only thing I know about Caldwell is Bede Lori WILL get HIS as he has done his entire career on the hardwood for Caldwell ... Trimble has 2 players returning with varsity experience , neither starters, Cole Wright who DID start at the beginning of the season last year filling in for Bryce Downs, off the bench was MJ Clark - he's very good player and will I'm sure be leaned on for offense as he steps out from behind last years graduating class ... size will be an issue based on the jv team who will now BE "THE VARSITY" ... all good players! Levi Weber, Burdette, Kempton ... an excellent j team who played D, got out in transition, can shoot the triple, good passers of the ball, as ALL Howie coached teams they work the ball to get the shot THEY want from spots on the floor THEY want to take shots ... looking forward to seeing them Friday at Warren! ... will be interesting to get input as to how Trimble did today @ Fairland for a scrimmage this morning ...
pfloyd wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:42 pm

Amazing how Trimble/Howie just keep being competitive. Yes, if anyone has info on the Trimble-Fairland scrimmage that might tells us so more about how they're doing this season. Aware of two scrimmages from this summer where they struggled to score, but they win by making you play "their game". Thanks for your take.

Dragonguy13
Freshman Team

Post by Dragonguy13 »

I missed the scrimmage due to work but was told the Dragons won each varsity quarter but unsure of scores other then a 17-5 first quarter. Also told Trimble looked better then was expected and disciplined.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Dragonguy13 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:20 pm I missed the scrimmage due to work but was told the Dragons won each varsity quarter but unsure of scores other then a 17-5 first quarter. Also told Trimble looked better then was expected and disciplined.
All Fairland
17-5
11-9
19-6
21-9

And they didn't really feel as close as the actual scores.

Post by Jonjon »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:39 pm ... trying to plan the Pfloyd Tour for this season - where do I go? going to start for sure that opening week - heading to ZT for the Tip Off Classic on the 23rd, hoping to be at Warren for the Clash at the Coliseum on the 25th and for sure on Saturday the 26th ( that day after Thanksgiving is up in the air depending on if I'll be out of town for Turkey Day) ...

Wednesday, November 23 (These schools must be off on Wednesday the 23rd???) ...

Circleville vs. South Point, 3 p.m.
Eastern Brown vs. New Hope Christian, 5
Westfall vs. Amanda-Clearcreek, 7

... will see 4 boys teams from SEO ...

Friday November 25 @ Warren ...

... 6 more teams from SEO (boys)

Saturday November 26 back at Warren ...

... 4 boys teams from SEO ...

A great start ! eyes on 14 boys varsity teams from Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line in the first 3 days of action ... hope to see some familiar faces in the Cheap Seats at both of these venues in a few weeks!!!
Check out the fairland girls too. Legitimate chance to be state champions.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

GA new addition Lambert is a 6'3 shooter !

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:05 pm Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Preseason

1. Fairland... W 41-38 Morgan
2. Zane Trace
3. Fairfield Union
4. Minford
5. Lucasville Valley
6. Logan Elm ... W 41-36 Westfall
7. Miami Trace ... W 59-46 Unioto
8. Sheridan

... TreeHugger Wannabees ...

Washington Court House ... W 69-60 Vinton County/ W 72-52 Adena
South Webster
Alexander ... W 70-59 Belpre
North Adams
Warren Local ... W 75-47 Athens/W 73-43 Belpre
Gallia Academy ... W 68-38 Meigs
Westfall ... W 67-41 Amanda/L 36-41 Logan Elm
Vinton County ... L 60-69 Washington CH
New Lexington ... W 62-22 Berne Union
Unioto ... L 46-59 Miami Trace
Ironton
Paint Valley ... W 49-34 McClain
Portsmouth
Peebles
Eastern Brown ... L 61-63 OT New Hope Christian
Western Pike ... L 48-50 Piketon/W 53-52 Huntington
Adena L 52-72 Washington CH
Jackson
Green ... L 47-53 Rock Hill
Portsmouth Notre Dame
Northwest
Meigs ... L 38-68 Gallia Academy
Greenfield McClain ... L 34-49 Paint Valley
Federal Hocking ... L 66-72 Caldwell
South Point ... W 74-43 Circleville
Chesapeake
Trimble ... L 31-48 Marietta
Waverly ... L 21-52 Upper Arlington
Hillsboro ... L 50-54 Wilmington
Waterford ... L 39-61 Portsmouth West
Fairfield Leesburg
Portsmouth West ... W 61-39 Waterford
Ironton St. Joseph
New Boston ... L 58-62 South Gallia
Southeastern ... W 67-34 West Union
Oak Hill ... W 61-51 South Gallia
Coal Grove
Rock Hill ... W 53-47 Green
Wellston
Piketon ... W 50-48 Western/L 46-61 Eastern Pike
Wheelerburg
Chillicothe ... W 56-51 Hamilton Twp
Logan ... L 19-46 Bexley
Whiteoak
Symmes Valley
Circleville ... L 43-74 South Point
Huntington ... L 39-61 Eastern Pike/L 52-53 Western Pike
Eastern Pike ... W 61-39 Huntington/W 61-46 Piketon
Lynchburg Clay
Athens ... L 47-75 Warren
Marietta ... W 48-31 Trimble
South Gallia ... L 51-61 Oak Hill/W 62-58 New Boston
Nelsonville York ... W 77-40 Miller
Southern
Belpre ... L 59-70 Alexander/ L 43-73 Warren
River Valley ... L 52-62 Eastern Rdsville
Manchester ... W 53-41 Ports. Clay
Miller ... L 40-77 Nelsonville York
Eastern Reedsville ... W 62-52 River Valley
Portsmouth East
Portsmouth Clay ... L 41-53 Manchester
Crooksville
West Union ... L 34-67 Southeastern
... the first rankings will come out on December 4th ...
Last edited by pfloyd on Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Eastern Pike might be making a Taylor Swift jump up next week’s chart…

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:20 pm Eastern Pike might be making a Taylor Swift jump up next week’s chart…
... LOL ... there's a few teams that will be moving up like Eastern Pike - Federal Hocking is a solid ballclub even with the loss to Caldwell this past weekend ... Vinton County will move up as well - they played WCH a solid game ... Warren is better than the #13 where I started them as well - Coach Maddox has a solid, deep team ... these first weeks or so are important ones to "getting it right" ...

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

New Lexington must be really good

Return to “Boys Basketball”