Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Preseason 22-23

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Preseason 22-23

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:16 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:20 pm Eastern Pike might be making a Taylor Swift jump up next week’s chart…
... LOL ... there's a few teams that will be moving up like Eastern Pike - Federal Hocking is a solid ballclub even with the loss to Caldwell this past weekend ... Vinton County will move up as well - they played WCH a solid game ... Warren is better than the #13 where I started them as well - Coach Maddox has a solid, deep team ... these first weeks or so are important ones to "getting it right" ...
And then D4 Fairfield goes into Washington CH and knocks them off….quite the first ever game for former player, now coach Quentin Williams

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:03 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:20 pm Eastern Pike might be making a Taylor Swift jump up next week’s chart…
... LOL ... there's a few teams that will be moving up like Eastern Pike - Federal Hocking is a solid ballclub even with the loss to Caldwell this past weekend ... Vinton County will move up as well - they played WCH a solid game ... Warren is better than the #13 where I started them as well - Coach Maddox has a solid, deep team ... these first weeks or so are important ones to "getting it right" ...
And then D4 Fairfield goes into Washington CH and knocks them off….quite the first ever game for former player, now coach Quentin Williams
I felt Fairfield would be moving up based on seeing a couple of their scrimmages on tape - but scrimmages are... well scrimmages and they lost a whole lot from last years district team due to graduation ... definitely a BIG W going into WHC and getting the win ... lots of L's up and down the rankings last night ! - ZT, Warren (young team stuff, their 6-7 big man Trent Taylor went out of the game with a bad ankle injury/never returned BUT New Lex was up by 12 at the time ... the Warriors didn't look good last night on the road ... they play a really good Morgan team later this week and a Linsly WVa team with three 6-7 players Tuesday next week... going to be a tough week for Warren) ... VC on the road with a better than GOOD W at ZT ... Chillicothe loses at home ... I did a preliminary juggling of the rankings after last week, and will do another for the first OFFICIAL ranking this coming Sunday ...
Last edited by pfloyd on Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

off night games from the TVC

11/30/22

Southern 48
Miller 44

12/1/22

Nelsonville-York
Berne Union

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

12/1 Thursday

Fairfield Union @ Licking Valley

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

12/1 Thursday

Circleville @ Adena

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Any stream for that FU game?

Go Blue
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:44 pm 12/1 Thursday

Circleville @ Adena
Circleville 73
Adena 62
Double Overtime

Circleville’s freshman PG had a decent amount of turnovers, but also 15 pts, 7 rebs and 10 asts in the W

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

NY 53
Berne 41

F

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

Fairfield Union 49
Licking Valley 43

88champs
Waterboy

Post by 88champs »

FU vs Licking Valley was featured game this week in Newark Advocate. Article here:

https://www.newarkadvocate.com/story/sp ... 691032007/

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Pfloyd….Fairfield man, knocked off WCH at WCH and then throttle a Rob Buecler coached team 61-34. Titus Cannon one of the best players around. 2-0

Eye opening start

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:39 pm Pfloyd….Fairfield man, knocked off WCH at WCH and then throttle a Rob Buecler coached team 61-34. Titus Cannon one of the best players around. 2-0

Eye opening start
... they're the real deal - BIG jump this week for this Leesburg group ... like I said, I watched a couple of their scrimmages on tape - they looked solid/athletic on tape and during scrimmages but you never know about when the tip off counts as the season starts ... they haven't done anything to make me think they aren't a top 15 team ...

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:47 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:39 pm Pfloyd….Fairfield man, knocked off WCH at WCH and then throttle a Rob Buecler coached team 61-34. Titus Cannon one of the best players around. 2-0

Eye opening start
... they're the real deal - BIG jump this week for this Leesburg group ... like I said, I watched a couple of their scrimmages on tape - they looked solid/athletic on tape and during scrimmages but you never know about when the tip off counts as the season starts ... they haven't done anything to make me think they aren't a top 15 team ...
I've been saying all along,Quinton Williams is a great teacher of the game,very good motivator and fearless. In a few years we will be loving and many not liking,Coach Williams.

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:13 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:03 pm

I felt Fairfield would be moving up based on seeing a couple of their scrimmages on tape - but scrimmages are... well scrimmages and they lost a whole lot from last years district team due to graduation ... definitely a BIG W going into WHC and getting the win ... lots of L's up and down the rankings last night ! - ZT, Warren (young team stuff, their 6-7 big man Trent Taylor went out of the game with a bad ankle injury/never returned BUT New Lex was up by 12 at the time ... the Warriors didn't look good last night on the road ... they play a really good Morgan team later this week and a Linsly WVa team with three 6-7 players Tuesday next week... going to be a tough week for Warren) ... VC on the road with a better than GOOD W at ZT ... Chillicothe loses at home ... I did a preliminary juggling of the rankings after last week, and will do another for the first OFFICIAL ranking this coming Sunday ...
I’ve seen 10 teams already on your list and a couple not rated who have played these teams. The first “re-shuffling” won’t be easy. Lots of teams who are close to one another at this moment in time I believe. Numerous solid teams but maybe not many or any truly excellent teams. Too early to know for sure.

Return to “Boys Basketball”