Scrimmages coming up ??? Where & When , between who?...

jcbigblue13
Freshman Team

Re: Scrimmages coming up ??? Where & When , between who?...

Post by jcbigblue13 »

Whs95fan wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:13 am Warren scrimmaged Frontier last night but I have no info
Won 5 of 6 quarter's...lost the one on last shot 3...played well in 1st quarter then so so the rest of the way...played 9 sophomores and 1 junior last night...got some kinks to work out but am sure they will get there
Last edited by jcbigblue13 on Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Figured they'll be a work in progress for awhile. I would ask who started but with Cornell not playing I guess it wouldn't matter because the lineup could change.

Go Blue
Pantherfan
Freshman Team

Post by Pantherfan »

St. Joe is at Coal Grove tomorrow 11/11, and at Fairland next Saturday 11/19. Also heard they are playing in the OVC preview against Portsmouth.

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Anyone know the results from Meigs vs Fed Hock?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Whs95fan wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:13 pm Figured they'll be a work in progress for awhile. I would ask who started but with Cornell not playing I guess it wouldn't matter because the lineup could change.
... Can't remember Coach Maddox having NO seniors ... and literally NO juniors (Trent Taylor IS an OUTSTANDING one to have if you only have 1 LOL) ... usually I am looking at a senior/junior heavy squad for Warren ... the youngsters need to grow up quickly ... Whs95fan - are there any changes to the coaching staff for this season? ... looking forward to making my way to the WarriorDome (Coliseum) after Thanksgiving for the Clash at the Coliseum Tip Off Classic !!! ...

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

I have been informed the Peake scrimmage with Portsmouth Notre Dame has been canceled by Portsmouth. Coach Ater is looking to pick up another one.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

peake71 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:13 pm I have been informed the Peake scrimmage with Portsmouth Notre Dame has been canceled by Portsmouth. Coach Ater is looking to pick up another one.
... peake71, tell Coach Ater that pfloyd thinks he should book a scrimmage somewhere in the TVC area or maybe Oak Hill - I'm selfish! I'd like to get a chance to see this edition of the Peake LOL ...

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

Oak Hill’s scrimmage schedule has Chesapeake at Oak Hill on 11/16, 5:00 PM.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

oneoak wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:29 pm Oak Hill’s scrimmage schedule has Chesapeake at Oak Hill on 11/16, 5:00 PM.
I love when a plan comes together !!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

How did Valley and North Adams look from Thursday's scrimmage? anyone have anything?

Cypress
Waterboy

Post by Cypress »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:07 am Anyone know the results from Meigs vs Fed Hock?
Ugly for Meigs.
Early for a scrimmage coming off football the week before.
2 starters out.
I believe 4 sophomores playing and a couple others with not much varsity experience.
They were pressed every single quarter from start to finish and they really struggled with a press breaker, if they even had one.
Meigs does have a few nice sized athletic players and I feel they have potential to improve nicely once they get more playing time together.
Replacing Cleland at the 1 will take some time.
Fed was very handsy on D and and pressed well. They have to watch they don't end up in foul trouble though.
Fed shot extremely well and the 2 junior guards are as good as they get.
Fed should be at the top of the Hocking division.
Meigs will struggle early but should be much improved by January.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

pfloyd wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:03 pm
Whs95fan wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:13 pm Figured they'll be a work in progress for awhile. I would ask who started but with Cornell not playing I guess it wouldn't matter because the lineup could change.
... Can't remember Coach Maddox having NO seniors ... and literally NO juniors (Trent Taylor IS an OUTSTANDING one to have if you only have 1 LOL) ... usually I am looking at a senior/junior heavy squad for Warren ... the youngsters need to grow up quickly ... Whs95fan - are there any changes to the coaching staff for this season? ... looking forward to making my way to the WarriorDome (Coliseum) after Thanksgiving for the Clash at the Coliseum Tip Off Classic !!! ...
I'm assuming Cornell is playing this year, I figured JC meant he was just not at the scrimmage for some reason but who knows. As for the coaching staff Brad Venham is now the varsity girls coach and I believe Scott Elzy has taken his place. If I'm not mistaken he has a son that's a freshman but you'd have to refer to JC on that. Hoping to make it down to the scrimmage in the AM against Fed Hock.

Go Blue
Ovenmit
Riding the Bench

Post by Ovenmit »

Whs95fan wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:55 pm Serious question, are scrimmages usually open or closed to the public?
Usually open but depends on the coach

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

North Adams won the scrimmage against Valley, I believe they only lost one quarter.

Western, WhiteOak, and South Webster in a 3 way scrimmage this morning.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Made it down to Stewart today for the Fed Hock-Warren scrimmage this morning. Lot's to build upon but liked our defensive intensity for the most part but struggled to score in others. Warren won 3 of 7 quarters with Fed Hock taking Q7 with a last second 3. Taylor sat out with a sprained ankle which I also assumed kept him out earlier in the week against Frontier. Some great guard play by Federal Hocking but they struggled mightily rebounding the ball today, just not a lot of size inside and I thought Warren just went after the ball better. I think the warriors might struggle to score to begin the season but the guards showed signs which I think is something they can build upon throughout the year. Just my 2 cents

Go Blue
jcbigblue13
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue13 »

Whs95fan wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:23 pm Made it down to Stewart today for the Fed Hock-Warren scrimmage this morning. Lot's to build upon but liked our defensive intensity for the most part but struggled to score in others. Warren won 3 of 7 quarters with Fed Hock taking Q7 with a last second 3. Taylor sat out with a sprained ankle which I also assumed kept him out earlier in the week against Frontier. Some great guard play by Federal Hocking but they struggled mightily rebounding the ball today, just not a lot of size inside and I thought Warren just went after the ball better. I think the warriors might struggle to score to begin the season but the guards showed signs which I think is something they can build upon throughout the year. Just my 2 cents
Taylor played against Frontier...just got hurt yesterday...final score was 76-72 Warren over the 7 periods....Warren started slow in the first 2 quarters but picked up the defensive pressure in quarters 3,4,5 and the boys started to feel more into the game and know their roles a little better.

jcbigblue13
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue13 »

Way to many unforced errors today(30 total turnovers)...but they will get things cleaned up next week

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

jcbigblue13 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:54 pm
Whs95fan wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:23 pm Made it down to Stewart today for the Fed Hock-Warren scrimmage this morning. Lot's to build upon but liked our defensive intensity for the most part but struggled to score in others. Warren won 3 of 7 quarters with Fed Hock taking Q7 with a last second 3. Taylor sat out with a sprained ankle which I also assumed kept him out earlier in the week against Frontier. Some great guard play by Federal Hocking but they struggled mightily rebounding the ball today, just not a lot of size inside and I thought Warren just went after the ball better. I think the warriors might struggle to score to begin the season but the guards showed signs which I think is something they can build upon throughout the year. Just my 2 cents
Taylor played against Frontier...just got hurt yesterday...final score was 76-72 Warren over the 7 periods....Warren started slow in the first 2 quarters but picked up the defensive pressure in quarters 3,4,5 and the boys started to feel more into the game and know their roles a little better.
Rolled ankle or something similar I assume from the looks of it? Hope whatever it is will have him back for the clash. Any update on how the jv faired?

Go Blue
jcbigblue13
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue13 »

Jv which was all freshman split 3-3 I think

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

jcbigblue13 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:06 pm Jv which was all freshman split 3-3 I think
Are some of last years freshman class not playing this year?

Go Blue

Return to “Boys Basketball”