Impact Freshman for 22/23 Season

purplegold
Riding the Bench

Impact Freshman for 22/23 Season

Post by purplegold »

Curious to know if there are any freshman in the area expecting to make contributions to their Varsity teams this year. At Valley, we have a a good group coming up, but I'm not sure any of them get any Varsity minutes. If last year is any indication to how Valley plays, there won't be many minutes to go around past the 6th man. Would love to see them develop some depth for tournament time. Bender would probably be one to dress Varsity, and could provide some productive minutes if there is any foul trouble.

transplant
SE

Re: Impact Freshman for 22/23 Season

Post by transplant »

I could see Bender dressing some. Hopefully some players from the JV least year are ready to get some minutes as well. As far as other schools, Is the Caudill kid at Minford healthy for basketball season? He may be able to get some minutes. Really not sure about others.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

transplant wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:27 pm I could see Bender dressing some. Hopefully some players from the JV least year are ready to get some minutes as well. As far as other schools, Is the Caudill kid at Minford healthy for basketball season? He may be able to get some minutes. Really not sure about others.
He had surgery and will be out an extended period of time. Doubt he'll be cleared during basketball season.

In the SOC 2 a couple other freshman to watch are:

Barnard - South Webster
Rucker - Wheelersburg

I see Rucker having the clearest path to immediate minutes.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Thanks, I wasn't sure how serious his injury was. Hate that, hope he has a full recovery. Forgot about Rucker, i agree with that.

DcP3407
Riding the Bench

Post by DcP3407 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:07 pm
transplant wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:27 pm I could see Bender dressing some. Hopefully some players from the JV least year are ready to get some minutes as well. As far as other schools, Is the Caudill kid at Minford healthy for basketball season? He may be able to get some minutes. Really not sure about others.
He had surgery and will be out an extended period of time. Doubt he'll be cleared during basketball season.

Barnard - South Webster
Rucker - Wheelersburg

I agree with you, I could see Barnard playing a considerable amount of Varsity time this year. Webster will not be an incredibly deep team this year and he has great fundamentals and knows the game. It will be interesting to see if he passes up the transfers in the varsity rotation.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Blake Fitch for Unioto will definitely play big minutes for the Shermans

PVBearcat2012
Freshman Team

Post by PVBearcat2012 »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:39 am Blake Fitch for Unioto will definitely play big minutes for the Shermans
Is that PJ's son??

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

PVBearcat2012 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:40 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:39 am Blake Fitch for Unioto will definitely play big minutes for the Shermans
Is that PJ's son??
Yes. Very smart ballplayer

GoIrish
JV Team

Post by GoIrish »

I look for Brewer Tomlison with Eastern (Pike) to see significant time, if not start.
6'2", 270 lbs. Very physical, strong, and smart. Looked dominant over the summer. And he's only going to get better.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson may have 3 or 4 right in the rotation but 3 of them play football and will be set back a bit. Charlie Woodard might start if not immediately then real soon. 6’1…going to be a good player. Bohdi Wolford, Ryan Seimetz, Steven Jenkins all will have ample opportunities I’m sure.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:35 pm Jackson may have 3 or 4 right in the rotation but 3 of them play football and will be set back a bit. Charlie Woodard might start if not immediately then real soon. 6’1…going to be a good player. Bohdi Wolford, Ryan Seimetz, Steven Jenkins all will have ample opportunities I’m sure.
Must not have a lot of returning experience if you're talking about 3 or 4 freshmen possibly being in the rotation.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:15 am
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:35 pm Jackson may have 3 or 4 right in the rotation but 3 of them play football and will be set back a bit. Charlie Woodard might start if not immediately then real soon. 6’1…going to be a good player. Bohdi Wolford, Ryan Seimetz, Steven Jenkins all will have ample opportunities I’m sure.
Must not have a lot of returning experience if you're talking about 3 or 4 freshmen possibly being in the rotation.
A senior who was a key scorer last year, a junior that was a key player last year….

If Winters doesn’t play it’s all JV kids from last year that sat varsity bench or freshman to be…..only 1 of those JV kids doesn’t play football and only 1 freshman doesn’t play football. Could be tough early on

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Logan Wolfenbarker Northwest will. I can see him possibly starting later on this season.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

DcP3407 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:01 am
bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:07 pm

Barnard - South Webster
Rucker - Wheelersburg

I agree with you, I could see Barnard playing a considerable amount of Varsity time this year. Webster will not be an incredibly deep team this year and he has great fundamentals and knows the game. It will be interesting to see if he passes up the transfers in the varsity rotation.
I’m gonna chime in here and agree that Barnard has been a standout in jr high the past two years and I think he will get time off the bench and eventually be in the 1000 point club, but I’m seeing a lot of people on here mention websters depth this season. We’re going to be one of the deeper teams this season I think.

Collins
Bender
Roberts
Shupert
Mault,summer, white
Barnard???

Maybe Jaren Lower I’ve heard. That’s rumor mill talk though.

I’m sure I’m missing some others but I think we’re going to be fine off the bench.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I’ll come back to this…

Woodard has been excellent all year and working his way into bigger and bigger roles on the team. He’s always a starter and early on played solid defense, good weak side rebounder and took care of the ball….a few games in and he’s drilling corner 3’s and is typically a key early spark plug as every team is focused on Campbell and Jarvis.

Bohdi Wolford started as a bench player and now is typically a starter and has improved tremendously. Good 3 point shooter and has been big also in these first quarters. Has really upped his perimeter defense game.

Ryan Seimetz has been the starting point guard from the get go and just keeps getting better. He’s getting to the lane and starting to distribute. Solid defender.

Steven Jenkins….has played a lot on JV and has had varsity night with no minutes but as he’s gotten more to the speed of the game he’s been the 6th man for a couple weeks. His vision is tremendous and can score.

Jackson began 3-6….tonight moved to 10-9 and only had 4 turnovers against Chillicothe

These for guys definitely fit this thread

Ovenmit
Riding the Bench

Post by Ovenmit »

Chesapeake freshman guard has already made an impact. Nice player

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Fitch is leading the SVC in assists per game and has averaged 12 PPG over the past 8 games for the Shermans. He’s been really good since he settled in after the first handful of games.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Might not be all freshman but Howie has the whole team back next year. Can you say undefeated in 23?

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
bc181700
Freshman Team

Post by bc181700 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:04 pm
I’ll come back to this…

Woodard has been excellent all year and working his way into bigger and bigger roles on the team. He’s always a starter and early on played solid defense, good weak side rebounder and took care of the ball….a few games in and he’s drilling corner 3’s and is typically a key early spark plug as every team is focused on Campbell and Jarvis.

Bohdi Wolford started as a bench player and now is typically a starter and has improved tremendously. Good 3 point shooter and has been big also in these first quarters. Has really upped his perimeter defense game.

Ryan Seimetz has been the starting point guard from the get go and just keeps getting better. He’s getting to the lane and starting to distribute. Solid defender.

Steven Jenkins….has played a lot on JV and has had varsity night with no minutes but as he’s gotten more to the speed of the game he’s been the 6th man for a couple weeks. His vision is tremendous and can score.

Jackson began 3-6….tonight moved to 10-9 and only had 4 turnovers against Chillicothe

This is a good read. From watching quite a few games this year, Jackson is going to have 5-6 Sophomores next year with A LOT of tough experience points, and in the top of a 8-9 player rotation with a couple of upper classmen. It could be really interesting to see what they do next year. They'll still be really young, but boy they've gained some tough experience this year.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bc181700 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:44 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:04 pm
I’ll come back to this…

This is a good read. From watching quite a few games this year, Jackson is going to have 5-6 Sophomores next year with A LOT of tough experience points, and in the top of a 8-9 player rotation with a couple of upper classmen. It could be really interesting to see what they do next year. They'll still be really young, but boy they've gained some tough experience this year.
The freshman class is talented and good potential through the freshman, JV, varsity teams….a chance for something special down the road.

Return to “Boys Basketball”