SATURDAY SCRIMMAGES? SCORES?

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

SATURDAY SCRIMMAGES? SCORES?

Post by soggybottomtopper »

Did anyone make it out to any scrimmages this weekend? If so, did we learn anything or have any scores to report?

peake71
All Conference

Re: SATURDAY SCRIMMAGES? SCORES?

Post by peake71 »

I was at the Peake vs Portsmouth Clay scrimmage and The Peake was running all over PC. Scores in 10.00 running games Peake' s first games 36-7, 26-6 don't remember the rest. While I was there for about am hour and a half PC never scored in double figures.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

peake71 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:51 pm I was at the Peake vs Portsmouth Clay scrimmage and The Peake was running all over PC. Scores in 10.00 running games Peake' s first games 36-7, 26-6 don't remember the rest. While I was there for about am hour and a half PC never scored in double figures.
Sounds like The Peake will be a handful. Thank you for the synopsis.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:30 am
peake71 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:51 pm I was at the Peake vs Portsmouth Clay scrimmage and The Peake was running all over PC. Scores in 10.00 running games Peake' s first games 36-7, 26-6 don't remember the rest. While I was there for about am hour and a half PC never scored in double figures.
Sounds like The Peake will be a handful. Thank you for the synopsis.
Hard to tell. Clay will be one of the worst teams in SEO.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Seabiscuits scrimmage for Peake

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Peebles and Huntington ross scrimmaged Saturday afternoon. Varsity and reserve squads both played every player in different sets. Good work by both squads.

Pantherfan
Freshman Team

Post by Pantherfan »

Ironton Saint Joe scrimmaged Teays Valley Christian and Wesley Christian (National and Regional squads) Saturday. They played 2 quarters against Teays Valley Christian and tied 24-24. Then they played 2 quarters against Wesley Christian National team. This Wesley team just played on Wednesday at The Oak Hill Academy from Mouth Of Wilson, VA and they competed. Saint Joe beat Wesley Christian National 32-29. Wesley was playing without their best player but they were still a true prep team. The last two quarters were against Wesley Christian's Regional team and they beat St. Joe by 10.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Pantherfan wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:16 am Ironton Saint Joe scrimmaged Teays Valley Christian and Wesley Christian (National and Regional squads) Saturday. They played 2 quarters against Teays Valley Christian and tied 24-24. Then they played 2 quarters against Wesley Christian National team. This Wesley team just played on Wednesday at The Oak Hill Academy from Mouth Of Wilson, VA and they competed. Saint Joe beat Wesley Christian National 32-29. Wesley was playing without their best player but they were still a true prep team. The last two quarters were against Wesley Christian's Regional team and they beat St. Joe by 10.
So let me get this straight.. Ironton St. Joe BEAT the national team, but lost by 10 to the regional team?

Makes sense.

Pantherfan
Freshman Team

Post by Pantherfan »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:33 am
Pantherfan wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:16 am Ironton Saint Joe scrimmaged Teays Valley Christian and Wesley Christian (National and Regional squads) Saturday. They played 2 quarters against Teays Valley Christian and tied 24-24. Then they played 2 quarters against Wesley Christian National team. This Wesley team just played on Wednesday at The Oak Hill Academy from Mouth Of Wilson, VA and they competed. Saint Joe beat Wesley Christian National 32-29. Wesley was playing without their best player but they were still a true prep team. The last two quarters were against Wesley Christian's Regional team and they beat St. Joe by 10.
So let me get this straight.. Ironton St. Joe BEAT the national team, but lost by 10 to the regional team?

Makes sense.

ISJ played the younger guys a lot against the regional team.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Wow, that's pretty crazy that Ironton St. Joe beat Wesley Christian's national team. They have several 6'7"-6'8" guys and many with D1 offers/looks.

Sounds to me that Ironton St. Joe should have a cake walk in D4 until they meet Richmond Heights in the state championship.

Pantherfan
Freshman Team

Post by Pantherfan »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:44 pm Wow, that's pretty crazy that Ironton St. Joe beat Wesley Christian's national team. They have several 6'7"-6'8" guys and many with D1 offers/looks.

Sounds to me that Ironton St. Joe should have a cake walk in D4 until they meet Richmond Heights in the state championship.

I don't know about that but they are pretty good and will be deep. So are a lot of other teams in our area this season. St. Joe has a scrimmage at Coal Grove on Friday. Coal Grove beat them by a bunch during the summer. We will see how it goes.

Return to “Boys Basketball”