OVC previews

HoopFan55
Riding the Bench

OVC previews

Post by HoopFan55 »

Who stood out, played well, predictions?

Hornetfan84
Riding the Bench

Re: OVC previews

Post by Hornetfan84 »

I didn’t notice any surprises.
Rock hill played a decent quarter.
Gallia was big against a tiny team.
Fairland Portsmouth and south point did what the do.
The hornets have some potential I hope.
ISJ played to win and still lost somehow.

whynot?
Waterboy

Post by whynot? »

Hornetfan84 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:40 am I didn’t notice any surprises.

Hahahaha! You are so salty! ISJ played to win by sitting out Erikai Jackson and starting two sophomores that have very little varsity experience. Good luck to you. Keep talking... We will see how the season goes.

Hornetfan84
Riding the Bench

Post by Hornetfan84 »

whynot? wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:47 am
Ok.

Hahahaha! You are so salty! ISJ played to win by sitting out Erikai Jackson and starting two sophomores that have very little varsity experience. Good luck to you. Keep talking... We will see how the season goes.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... any video link for last nights OVC Preview action?

Pantherfan
Freshman Team

Post by Pantherfan »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:37 pm ... any video link for last nights OVC Preview action?
It is on South Point Schools YouTube page

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Pantherfan wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:44 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:37 pm ... any video link for last nights OVC Preview action?
It is on South Point Schools YouTube page
Thanks Pantherfan!

HoopFan55
Riding the Bench

Post by HoopFan55 »

HornetFan still upset over losing Staton, he will never have anything good to say about ISJ. He doesn’t understand that getting these younger guys experience by mixing them in with some upperclassman is what you do in the preseason game’s, ISJ will be fine once they figure out what rotation will work best, I don’t think coach Wells’s is showing anyone what he’s got if you get my drift.

Hornetfan84
Riding the Bench

Post by Hornetfan84 »

HoopFan55 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:28 pm

HornetFan still upset over losing Staton, he will never have anything good to say about ISJ. He doesn’t understand that getting these younger guys experience by mixing them in with some upperclassman is what you do in the preseason game’s, ISJ will be fine once they figure out what rotation will work best, I don’t think coach Wells’s is showing anyone what he’s got if you get my drift.
Dang you got me.

Pantherfan
Freshman Team

Post by Pantherfan »

HoopFan55 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:28 pm

Coach Wells does a fine job and will get them tweaked and primed for the SOC1 season. I thought that all of the teams in the OVC preview looked good. It is going to be a tough conference and I am sure St. Joe is thankful they got to experience the OVC preview since the SOC apparently cancelled their preview. Good luck to all the players and coaches and praying that everybody has safe and fun seasons!

4verts
Waterboy

Post by 4verts »

Gallia is going to be a tough out for everyone in the league. They are long and have experience. I think Rock Hill has the best team they have had in recent years. They are athletic and have good guard play whenever they are under control. Portsmouth I think was missing a starter or two, but I agree with Hornetfan.. Them and Fairland did what they always do. Chesapeake struggled with Gallia's size, but their freshman class looked impressive. As far as ISJ goes, I don't know what their gameplan was going into that game.. but I'm not sure why you would want to play in a conference preview that you are not affiliated with if you were not going to try to get anything out of it? I do not know anything about them other than they picked up a few kids from a few places. The kids from Coal Grove played.. Does anyone know if the transfers are all eligible for the entire season? They will win games in the SOC1, but just not on the level of Portsmouth. South Point and Coal Grove looked evenly matched. Both have solid role players. Johnson and Lovely will be two of the top players in the league. Ironton is going to be interesting. Schreck and Terry are going to be good players... Who will be in the rotation with them?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

4verts wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:05 am Gallia is going to be a tough out for everyone in the league. They are long and have experience. I think Rock Hill has the best team they have had in recent years. They are athletic and have good guard play whenever they are under control. Portsmouth I think was missing a starter or two, but I agree with Hornetfan.. Them and Fairland did what they always do. Chesapeake struggled with Gallia's size, but their freshman class looked impressive. As far as ISJ goes, I don't know what their gameplan was going into that game.. but I'm not sure why you would want to play in a conference preview that you are not affiliated with if you were not going to try to get anything out of it? I do not know anything about them other than they picked up a few kids from a few places. The kids from Coal Grove played.. Does anyone know if the transfers are all eligible for the entire season? They will win games in the SOC1, but just not on the level of Portsmouth. South Point and Coal Grove looked evenly matched. Both have solid role players. Johnson and Lovely will be two of the top players in the league. Ironton is going to be interesting. Schreck and Terry are going to be good players... Who will be in the rotation with them?
Are any of Ironton's football players expected to play after football season is over with?

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I would say as a guess that Perkins, Carpenter, and Wilson will play, but not sure on that. If enough of the football players come out, Ironton will be a contender for the OVC crown.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I don't think Perkins is playing this year.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

trojandave wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:42 am I would say as a guess that Perkins, Carpenter, and Wilson will play, but not sure on that. If enough of the football players come out, Ironton will be a contender for the OVC crown.
transplant wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:45 am I don't think Perkins is playing this year.
Thank you, I guess we'll find out shortly.

Return to “Boys Basketball”