Marietta 48 Trimble 31 a final

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Marietta 48 Trimble 31 a final

Post by pfloyd »

Trimble 31
Marietta 48 a final

Pfloyd's Official UN-official Napkin Stats - Trimble

Scoring ... Levi Weber 12, MJ Clark 8, Kadan Kempton 5, Cole Wright 3, Brandon Burdette 2, Tyler Hill 1
3 Pointers ... 2/11 ... MJ Clark 2
FTs ... 9/14
TOs ... 21
PnP ... 6 fgs/12 points in the paint
PnT ... 0
Pbk ... 2 fgs/4 points on putback buckets

... Howie's Tomcats are YOUNG ... little varsity experience - nada except for Cole Wright and MJ Clark - it shows as everyone is trying to figure out their role on TEAM ... the motion offense is there but everyone is thinking before they do anything - thinking makes everything a split second slow - slow in making a pass, slow in getting from point A to point B , slow in shooting the ball - at the varsity level thinking kills ... one thing I KNOW - is Coach Caldwell get them on the same page - I could see the improvement from the opening quarter to the 2nd half of play as the Tomcats lost the last 2 qtrs 20-19 ... the youngin's are learning, Howie is teaching ... Marietta was not an ideal matchup to open the season for a young, inexperienced, undersized team to play - they will figure it out ... defensively? THS held Marietta under 50 points - a goal for any/all teams in high school hoops ... replacing 5 starters - 100% of the offense ... it will take time ... imo Trimble will do just fine in the TVC ...

Pfloyd's Official UN-Official Napkin Stats - Marietta

Scoring ... AJ Graham 15, Isaac Koast 12, Alex Kendall 6, Andrew Hawkins 5, Brayden Jones 3, Elija Lieras-Kelley 3, Izak Knighten 2, TU Coromandel 2
3 Pointers ... 9/20 ... AJ Graham 4, Isaac Koast 2, Andrew Hawkins 1, Elija Lieras-Kelley 1, Brayden Jones 1
FTs ... 8/16
TOs ... 12
PnP ... 6 fgs/12 points in the paint
PnT ... 0
Pbk ... 1 fg/2 points on putback buckets

... first , it was good to see an old friend back courtside/on the bench as a Tiger assistant - Coach Ron Warner ... I see promise in this group of Tigers - they played hard/with intensity for 4 qtrs ... MHS played 9 ... almost 50% from downtown (9/20) ... forced 21 turnovers ... a good opening game W ... 5 players who can knockdown the triple led by Mr. Graham - MHS will get their share of W's this season ...

Pat
Varsity

Re: Marietta 48 Trimble 31 a final

Post by Pat »

Guess those extra weeks of practice didn’t help. :shock:

TigerFan15
Riding the Bench

Re: Marietta 48 Trimble 31 a final

Post by TigerFan15 »

Marietta much improved on the defensive side of the ball under new coach, Austin Gardner. Pressured the ball well in wins over both Caldwell and Trimble this week. Lori had 36 in the Foundation game but he was made to work for it. Offense is still finding their way. That will come I’m sure. Like a lot of what I see compared to the last six or seven years.

Return to “Boys Basketball”