Napkin Stats for Morgan 38 Fairland 41 ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Napkin Stats for Morgan 38 Fairland 41 ...

Post by pfloyd »

Fairland 41
Morgan 38 a final

Pfloyd's official UN-official Napkin Stats - Morgan

Scoring ... Carson Mummy 15, Cutter Mays 12, Kooper Cain 7, Joe Mayle 3, Rowdy Williams 1
3 Pointers ... 6/16 ... Cutter Mays 2, Carson Mummey 2, Joe Mayle 1, Kooper Cain 1
FTs ... 6/9
TOs ... 11
PnP ... 4 fgs/8 points in the paint
PnT ... 1 fg/ 2 points in transition
Pbk ... 0

Pfloyd's official UN-official Napkin Stats - Fairland

Scoring ... Chase Allen 18, Brody Buchanan 11, Will Davis 5, JD Thacker 5, Steeler Leep 2
3 Pointers ... 3/17 ... Chase Allen 1, JD Thacker 1, Brody Buchanan 1
FTs ... 4/6
TOs ... 9
PnP ... 9 fgs/ 18 points in the paint
PnT ... 3 fgs/ 6 points in transition
Pbk ... 0

... both teams are solid - defensively, neither team allowed the other to get comfortable on the offensive end of the floor - good on-ball pressure ... Fairland never found the range from behind the arc - my guess is the Dragons will average around 9 three's made per game this season ... teams with size will give them trouble unless they are able to knockdown 3's and/or get offense from the transition game ... FHS does not have a deep bench - foul trouble for any starters will be an issue ... on the positive side - the starters are solid, smart basketball IQ's, well coached ... I still feel the starting 5 are the best 5 - TEAM in SEO - no weak links imo ... next up for Fairland is on the road at North Adams Saturday night ...

Dragonguy13
Freshman Team

Re: Napkin Stats for Morgan 38 Fairland 41 ...

Post by Dragonguy13 »

Thanks for the “napkin stats” and rundown Pfloyd! Appreciate all you do for all these schools in the SEO part of OH! Fairland Will battle every game. Love these young men. Hopefully more W’s then L’s!!! See ya later in the season!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Napkin Stats for Morgan 38 Fairland 41 ...

Post by pfloyd »

Dragonguy13 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:25 pm Thanks for the “napkin stats” and rundown Pfloyd! Appreciate all you do for all these schools in the SEO part of OH! Fairland Will battle every game. Love these young men. Hopefully more W’s then L’s!!! See ya later in the season!
... Dragonguy13, me too on liking this TEAM ... I have liked the Fairland Brand of hoops for a long time ... Coach Speed & his staff are outstanding in teaching/coaching up the players - physical defensive play/offensive motion, emphasis on passing the ball/TEAM ... Chase Allen/Brody Buchanan are 2 of the best guards in ALL of Southern/Southeast Ohio - handles/shooters/penetrators/defenders ... Steeler Leep - undersized for the position he is playing but a hardnosed rebounder and defender & he gets his points in the paint going up against the bigs ... JD Thacker can do it all offensively - inside/outside ... Will Davis is an excellent defender/can hit the 3 ball AND get to the rim ... I'll catch the Dragons again when they come to Alexander on the 17th for the Spartan Classic as they take on the Warren Warriors - this will be an outstanding matchup ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”