Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week 1

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week 1

Post by VetteMan »

Pfloyd, great job as usual. Really like the Divisional Breakdown as well.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:58 pm Thanks for the input everyone ...
You’re better than everyone else at this, so thank you

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Always good at what you do pfloyd. How many people would take the time and effort to this week after week.
See you somewhere this season.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

peake71 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:48 pm Always good at what you do pfloyd. How many people would take the time and effort to this week after week.
See you somewhere this season.
... thanks peake71, we will definitely run into each other somewhere, I want to see your Panthers live sooner than later ... I want to see the teams in the OVC in person this season - the Peake, South Point, Fairland, Gallia Academy, Portsmouth, Ironton are on my road trip bucket list ... I saw Fairland at Warren's Clash at the Coliseum ... will see them again at Alexander vs Warren ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... just watched the South Webster vs Green game, Western vs PV, Warren @ Morgan ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:06 am I wonder which small school team Floyd will disrespect first? Luckily he has me to speak up for the little guy! And no, Morgan is not allowed on the list, so don't even try. haha
... LOL - funny you should bring Morgan up, I just told that story - me trying to get Morgan into the rankings - at the Clash at the Coliseum LOL ... might need to look at Caldwell this year as they are playing quite a few SE district teams ...
Last edited by pfloyd on Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:34 pm Honestly…..maybe the best early rankings you’ve ever done and I love the format of the breakdowns if divisions and then the top 10 of each division.

Great work
... thanks I92 ! I will keep doing the breakdowns, try to post them prior to the overall rankings each week ...

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

12/6 West @ SW
12/9 SW @ Burg
12/10 Jackson @ SW

Pfloyd assuming the Jeeps aren’t posers you might make the long trip down interstate 93 on 12/20 to watch Minford in the house that mike rose built. Should be a good one.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

Pfloyd,
This friday, Dec 9 @ Minford vs Lucasville Valley. The #2 team vs #3 team in Southeastern Ohio preps (pfloyd rankings) for week one. You coming to watch???

Braves87
Freshman Team

Post by Braves87 »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:20 pm ... over the past 24 years of doing the Elite Rankings (first as a response to 93bulldog's Elite 8 rankings - yes the 93bulldog actually started the SEO rankings over on jjhuddle back in the day) ... I always had the disclaimer if records were incorrect that I was "old" - NOW! I AM OLD!!! closer to 70 than 60 , the eyes aren't as good as they used to be, they can't make a computer screen big enough it seems to make it easier for my old person eyes to see the numbers anymore LOL ... please let me know if records are incorrect, I will edit to make it right ...

... the first few weeks are always the most volatile - the movement up and down the rankings ... this first "public" ranking has some schools looking like they made giant leaps - it is only after they had already made an initial move over this past weekend when I did the first rankings/ not made public due to having too few teams having played ... I based this week's public ranking using this past weekends "non-public" ranking as the starting point for teams (which were more realistic based on the now KNOWN transfers/players not playing/influx of JV players, etc.) ...

... at any rate - let the beatings begin!!! ... personally the committee feels good about this weeks rankings! - teams have the opportunities to play themselves up and down the rankings based on what they do on the hardwood ...

... between having "eyes on" live and video I have been able to see 40 of the 71 teams so far ... many multiple times via video ... it seems like a second job LOL ... but one that is totally enjoyable from late November through March ...

... a question for the masses - is New Hope Christian school in the post season, considered a SE District school ?, in a league in SEO? ... trying to figure out if they should be ranked? ... I don't think so BUT I've been wrong before ...
Pfloyd,
New Hope Christian is in the Ohio Christian School Athletic Association OCSAA. They are in the same building as my home church, Heritage Nazarene in Circleville. They play alot of local schools here in Pickaway County, Circleville, LE, Teays, and Westfall because teams in their league are all around Ohio, Lima, Dayton, etc.
Btw, Holbert is out until January, Baker and Waugh are doing the majority of the scoring. Still Stiverson basketball, good defense, teamwork, and gets the best out of the program. Hope to see you at Braves Nation sometime this winter. Once again, great job with the rankings, my friend!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

clevelandbrowns#1 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:17 pm Pfloyd,
This friday, Dec 9 @ Minford vs Lucasville Valley. The #2 team vs #3 team in Southeastern Ohio preps (pfloyd rankings) for week one. You coming to watch???
Give me Montgomery for a 40 piece on the Indians

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Braves87 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:21 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:20 pm ... over the past 24 years of doing the Elite Rankings (first as a response to 93bulldog's Elite 8 rankings - yes the 93bulldog actually started the SEO rankings over on jjhuddle back in the day) ... I always had the disclaimer if records were incorrect that I was "old" - NOW! I AM OLD!!! closer to 70 than 60 , the eyes aren't as good as they used to be, they can't make a computer screen big enough it seems to make it easier for my old person eyes to see the numbers anymore LOL ... please let me know if records are incorrect, I will edit to make it right ...

... the first few weeks are always the most volatile - the movement up and down the rankings ... this first "public" ranking has some schools looking like they made giant leaps - it is only after they had already made an initial move over this past weekend when I did the first rankings/ not made public due to having too few teams having played ... I based this week's public ranking using this past weekends "non-public" ranking as the starting point for teams (which were more realistic based on the now KNOWN transfers/players not playing/influx of JV players, etc.) ...

... at any rate - let the beatings begin!!! ... personally the committee feels good about this weeks rankings! - teams have the opportunities to play themselves up and down the rankings based on what they do on the hardwood ...

... between having "eyes on" live and video I have been able to see 40 of the 71 teams so far ... many multiple times via video ... it seems like a second job LOL ... but one that is totally enjoyable from late November through March ...

... a question for the masses - is New Hope Christian school in the post season, considered a SE District school ?, in a league in SEO? ... trying to figure out if they should be ranked? ... I don't think so BUT I've been wrong before ...
Pfloyd,
New Hope Christian is in the Ohio Christian School Athletic Association OCSAA. They are in the same building as my home church, Heritage Nazarene in Circleville. They play alot of local schools here in Pickaway County, Circleville, LE, Teays, and Westfall because teams in their league are all around Ohio, Lima, Dayton, etc.
Btw, Holbert is out until January, Baker and Waugh are doing the majority of the scoring. Still Stiverson basketball, good defense, teamwork, and gets the best out of the program. Hope to see you at Braves Nation sometime this winter. Once again, great job with the rankings, my friend!
I know NHC plays quite a few SEO schools - was just wondering if the are thinking about getting into a league - they usually have some athletes - I see them in the ZT classic to open the season usually - thanks for the info !

I knew Tanner was out with an injury … tough losing 15-18 ppg from an offense that doesn’t put up big numbers … oh I have no doubt that the Braves are still the Braves defensively lol … I will definitely be seeing Coach Stiverson’s team sooner than later …

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Thanks Pfloyd for putting this all together again! I can't imagine the time you spend looking at all of the teams. Keep up the good work, it is appreciated!

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

been wanting to say this for years, don't always agree with your ratings but, I want to thank you for all the time you put in doing this, keep up the great work

junedawg14
Riding the Bench

Post by junedawg14 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:38 pm
Give me Montgomery for a 40 piece on the Indians
You might be surprised. So far in all the scrimmages scoring has been pretty spread out. Montgomery hasn't had to be the star and they are still playing really well. They are a very unselfish bunch. I would even say at times too unselfish. Any of the starting five can heat up and lead the scoring any given night.

Also as a bonus, all five of them also pride themselves on playing solid defense.

Having Valley week one will definitely be a huge challenge/test. Should be an absolute great matchup!

We Need More Cowbell!
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... that's the plan clevelandbrowns#1 !!! ... pfloyd tends to go to "good" games - THIS ONE falls under the category of "GREAT GAME" ... neither team with an advantage of having already tipped it off earlier in the last week + ... I expect opening game butterflies from both teams, in this game those "butterflies" can be turned into points by the opposition going either way ! ... 2 of the best D3 has to offer Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... Google Map says 1:30 minutes from the metropolis of Logan here in the Hocking Hills ... some the best teams in the SE District are in the Portsmouth Area and up and down the Big River - the pfloyd tour will do it's best to get to some the many "quality" matchups - SOC/OVC teams ... going to try to get to North Adams again this year for the Coach Young Classic - take in some of the SHAC teams as well ... fun times from the Cheap Seats !!!

Lion32
Waterboy

Post by Lion32 »

Pfloyd, thanks for keeping us update all season. Have to put my couple cents in though (all in good fun).
White oak has struggled the last few, but on any given night they could get hot and beat anyone.
Coach Williams has the Loins on fire beating Beucler’s warriors by 20+
Still don’t know how North Adams doesn’t move above Fairland. North Adams has a 6’4 starter out and Copas played one of the worst games you will see him play this year. I think they’re a top contender.
Peebles has really surprised some people, with one of the best coaches in the league they will give some good teams trouble.
Lynchburg will play hard. We seen that in the preview. Unfortunately with their coaches defense they won’t have enough gas/bench against a solid team.
Excited to get this season going and seeing some teams bit around my area.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

itsme wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:06 am been wanting to say this for years, don't always agree with your ratings but, I want to thank you for all the time you put in doing this, keep up the great work
itsme, I'm glad you and others don't always agree with the rankings - part of why I do it IS to get conversation, debate started and/or continued ... agreeing all of the time doesn't do much for the site LOL ... I am more than happy to be questioned about "why" teams are where they are ... IF I didn't get out an see teams and/or didn't watch all of the videos of games that I do - I WOULDN'T even TRY to rank the teams ... I want to know that what I post in the rankings IS in fact how I SEE it NOT "guessing" or going be newspaper clippings, scores alone, etc. sometimes I will rank a team ahead of another team that on paper (record wise) looks better BUT based on "eyes one" of the teams I truly feel the one with the worse record IS better (if that makes sense) ... no matter what IT IS FUN TO DO !!! it's what I enjoy doing or I wouldn't do it ...

... thanks for your input ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Lion32 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:24 pm Pfloyd, thanks for keeping us update all season. Have to put my couple cents in though (all in good fun).
White oak has struggled the last few, but on any given night they could get hot and beat anyone.
Coach Williams has the Loins on fire beating Beucler’s warriors by 20+
Still don’t know how North Adams doesn’t move above Fairland. North Adams has a 6’4 starter out and Copas played one of the worst games you will see him play this year. I think they’re a top contender.
Peebles has really surprised some people, with one of the best coaches in the league they will give some good teams trouble.
Lynchburg will play hard. We seen that in the preview. Unfortunately with their coaches defense they won’t have enough gas/bench against a solid team.
Excited to get this season going and seeing some teams bit around my area.
... only a 1 basket W over Fairland but still a W ... I will get out to see NA sooner than later as well I hope - Copas is one of the best players in SEOhio ... have them picked as one of the top teams - they will remain on my radar, had Minford and Valley already played and shown me what they have - which IS "they are both good" Fairland would have dropped further ... but again, I could not justify jumping NA over the other top teams currently above them ... that's my rationale and I'm sticking to it LOL ... EB will take awhile to jell this season - lots of pieces trying to figure out the varsity game and their roles on the EB team ... Coach Beucler is outstanding - he will teach these kids UP for sure ... just not yet ... Peebles and Coach Ayre IS one of the best coaches in all of SEOhio ... last year was a growing year for Peebles this year - the Indians WILL be in all of their games and get W's ... Lynchburg was a question mark for me - they looked good on video in the scrimmages that I watched - at 2-0 I moved them up the rankings and will keep watching them as the year moves along ...

... thanks Lion32 for you input about the SHAC teams - keep it coming throughout the season please - keep us cheap seat guys EAST of Rte 23 on our toes !!! I know that the SHAC plays good hoops! they always have! we just don't get the posters supporting those kids from West of Rte 23 and WE don't get West of Rte 23 enough to KNOW the SHAC as well as we should - I DO make an effort to get there ! but it has to be on weekends for me ... 2 hour plus drives from where I live in the Hocking Hills to locations that are closer to Cincinnati than the Hocking Hills LOL ...

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:24 pm
... that's the plan clevelandbrowns#1 !!! ... pfloyd tends to go to "good" games - THIS ONE falls under the category of "GREAT GAME" ... neither team with an advantage of having already tipped it off earlier in the last week + ... I expect opening game butterflies from both teams, in this game those "butterflies" can be turned into points by the opposition going either way ! ... 2 of the best D3 has to offer Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... Google Map says 1:30 minutes from the metropolis of Logan here in the Hocking Hills ... some the best teams in the SE District are in the Portsmouth Area and up and down the Big River - the pfloyd tour will do it's best to get to some the many "quality" matchups - SOC/OVC teams ... going to try to get to North Adams again this year for the Coach Young Classic - take in some of the SHAC teams as well ... fun times from the Cheap Seats !!!
Valley didn’t play last week, but do play northwest tomorrow night. So shouldn’t be any opening night butterflies be minford, but maybe some rust. Not sure if/who minford plays tomorrow as well or not.

Return to “Boys Basketball”