How about them Pointers I don’t see any post about the game last night.

Rexdog
Waterboy

How about them Pointers I don’t see any post about the game last night.

Post by Rexdog »

[media][/media]

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: How about them Pointers I don’t see any post about the game last night.

Post by danicalifornia »

Rexdog wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:32 pm [media][/media]
I just can’t believe nobody had replied to this deep and thoughtful post yet. This site really is dying if stuff like this gets ignored.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

after the loss to chesapeake im sure SP fans are reluctant to make any claims at this point. Looks like fairland might be all puff

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

goUK wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:41 am after the loss to chesapeake im sure SP fans are reluctant to make any claims at this point. Looks like fairland might be all puff
I

I would guess that there will be plenty of talk about the Pointers after the upcoming matchup this weekend against Gallia Academy. Maybe because the verdict seems to still be out on just how good that Fairland may be this year. If SP is pretty competitive against the Blue Devils, no doubt I think that people will sit up and take notice.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

You gotta start the conversation yourself sometimes. Don’t be afraid to engage, I’ve set the bar pretty low for posts on here for 13 some years now 😂

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:30 pm You gotta start the conversation yourself sometimes. Don’t be afraid to engage, I’ve set the bar pretty low for posts on here for 13 some years now 😂
13 years and still going strong. Lol

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I’ll never stop until we go 3-19 for a few years

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Whether South Point beats Gallia Academy or not - the Pointers ARE good - good size, good shooters, good D ... there's a lot to like about the 2022-23 edition of the Pointers ... I watched (via video) both the "L" to the Peake at SP and the South Point "W" at Fairland ... 2 different games/2 different teams showed up for those games for SP ... vs Chesapeake the Pointers were 10% shooting from behind the arc, 12/17 from the FT line, 15 turnovers ... only 1 player Caleb Lovely in double figures scoring ... vs Fairland the Pointers - showed up BIG - Lovely drained 23 points, Haney 12 to go with 58% shooting from the field... SP was 7/11 from behind the arc with Lovely/Haney hitting 3 each ... 9/10 from the line while defensively shutting down Fairland 27% from the field/ 3/14 from behind the arc only 3/12 from the line ... the starters for FHS were out with over 4:30 to play in the 4th ... Fairland has no size in the paint - will struggle to matchup with ANY team with skilled size in the post ... I still like the talent at ALL 5 positions for Coach Speed - the youngsters Buchannan/Allen need to "relax" - they both can score the 3 ball - right now they are "trying" to score the ball ... South Point vs Gallia will be outstanding - Gallia Academy has had the "potential" label the last 2 years - this year the GAHS have arrived ... always a plus when you start with a 6-8 big in the middle who has the footwork that Clary has, the touch that Clary has ... Fellure/Franklin have been the question marks with so much potential - both have the ability to get to the rim and are ... I've posted in the past that GAHS has to show us they can draw defenders off of Clary in the paint by having a perimeter scoring game that makes defenses pay for packing it in ... looks like they have it this season ... this game will be a great matchup of 2 quality OVC teams ... I'll catch this one online after I get back from North Adams vs Fairfield Leesburg ...

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Pfloyd I think with the Peake win was they took SP out their game by playing hard defensively the whole game. I watch SP play Fairland and I think they did to Fairland what the Peake did to them.
Just my opinion.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

peake71 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:52 pm Pfloyd I think with the Peake win was they took SP out their game by playing hard defensively the whole game. I watch SP play Fairland and I think they did to Fairland what the Peake did to them.
Just my opinion.
ABSOLUTELY peake71! didn't mean to imply that Coach Ater's squad wasn't a big part of how SP played in that home loss ... Chesapeake will "get people" this season through their hardnosed D, non-stop 32 minutes of pressure, full court ... Coach Williams at Western has 32-4-94 on the Western warmups - give it all for 32 minutes/4 quarters/94 feet ... that fits Chesapeake this season as well ...

Rza1
Freshman Team

Post by Rza1 »

S.p. the real deal fellas.... an have the top player in the league. Question is whether wise can keep em focused and bigger yet, if he can win a coaching battle..

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Rza1 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:04 pm S.p. the real deal fellas.... an have the top player in the league. Question is whether wise can keep em focused and bigger yet, if he can win a coaching battle..
I’m gonna ignore the coaching part, but how old is Lovely? And what kind of size does he have? 38 against a team like Gallia is reallllll impressive.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Lovely is a junior.

Ovenmit
Riding the Bench

Post by Ovenmit »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:57 pm Whether South Point beats Gallia Academy or not - the Pointers ARE good - good size, good shooters, good D ... there's a lot to like about the 2022-23 edition of the Pointers ... I watched (via video) both the "L" to the Peake at SP and the South Point "W" at Fairland ... 2 different games/2 different teams showed up for those games for SP ... vs Chesapeake the Pointers were 10% shooting from behind the arc, 12/17 from the FT line, 15 turnovers ... only 1 player Caleb Lovely in double figures scoring ... vs Fairland the Pointers - showed up BIG - Lovely drained 23 points, Haney 12 to go with 58% shooting from the field... SP was 7/11 from behind the arc with Lovely/Haney hitting 3 each ... 9/10 from the line while defensively shutting down Fairland 27% from the field/ 3/14 from behind the arc only 3/12 from the line ... the starters for FHS were out with over 4:30 to play in the 4th ... Fairland has no size in the paint - will struggle to matchup with ANY team with skilled size in the post ... I still like the talent at ALL 5 positions for Coach Speed - the youngsters Buchannan/Allen need to "relax" - they both can score the 3 ball - right now they are "trying" to score the ball ... South Point vs Gallia will be outstanding - Gallia Academy has had the "potential" label the last 2 years - this year the GAHS have arrived ... always a plus when you start with a 6-8 big in the middle who has the footwork that Clary has, the touch that Clary has ... Fellure/Franklin have been the question marks with so much potential - both have the ability to get to the rim and are ... I've posted in the past that GAHS has to show us they can draw defenders off of Clary in the paint by having a perimeter scoring game that makes defenses pay for packing it in ... looks like they have it this season ... this game will be a great matchup of 2 quality OVC teams ... I'll catch this one online after I get back from North Adams vs Fairfield Leesburg ...
Travis Wise in my opinion is the best coach in the OVC. does a consistent job every year

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:12 pm
Rza1 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:04 pm S.p. the real deal fellas.... an have the top player in the league. Question is whether wise can keep em focused and bigger yet, if he can win a coaching battle..
I’m gonna ignore the coaching part, but how old is Lovely? And what kind of size does he have? 38 against a team like Gallia is reallllll impressive.
He’s about a 6’1”, maybe 6’2” junior. Long, lanky guard (lefty) who can do it all. Absolutely terrific getting to the rim and finishing with either hand. Also has a great pull up. Not a bad outside shooter but that’s also not his strong suit. If he’s hitting from the outside opposing teams are really in trouble because they have to extend out and that’s where he excels (attacking 1 on 1).

Very talented kid who keeps improving.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Agreed

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

South point is the best team in this area ,the pitiful loss to a bad Chesapeake team was a wake up call .

S.P. won't lose another OVC game.

They made Clary run and you could see he was winded and gasping all night ,I'm not sure why no one else does this

galfromohio
Waterboy

Post by galfromohio »

Pinwheel wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:23 am South point is the best team in this area ,the pitiful loss to a bad Chesapeake team was a wake up call .

S.P. won't lose another OVC game.

They made Clary run and you could see he was winded and gasping all night ,I'm not sure why no one else does this

Gasping or not Clary still had 26 points… he wasn’t stopped. GA’s outside buckets weren’t falling and SP’s were. I think you’ll see a different game when they play again. JMO

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

If the Peake was that bad how did South Point lose to them. South Point has a good team but will be hurting some next year with 4 senior starters.
Chesapeake will win games this year but dont get caught napping on them.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

usually a 1 and 4 or 1 and 5 team is considered a bad team ? It's not who you best ,it's who you lose to.

Maybe I'm wrong

Return to “Boys Basketball”