Friday,1/06/23 games and scores

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Re: Friday,1/06/23 games and scores

Post by Tigernation2021 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:36 pm Keep in mind TigerNation2021 consistently and constantly bashes coaches, so take his words with a grain of salt. Of course they practice free throws. How many kids practice shooting before or after practice? That’s on the kids. You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make them drink it.

I’ve kept my mouth shut on this topic long enough but tigernation is exactly the type of enabling parent that’s wrong with kids these days. If your kid shoots 100+ free throws a day and shoots 90% on the season, then talk. But he doesn’t, and your only out is to bash the coaches.

Leave the coaches the hell alone. If you thought you knew so much you should have applied for the job.
Say what you want about it, but you let me know when we run an offensive play set or make in game changes. I’ll say what I want about the coaching entire Waverly stands are, 😂😂. Got a problem with that move on. Let me know when you see improvements from a scheme standpoint, kids are playing hard we run zero plays. Talked to friends from Jackson even asking me what are they doing.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:24 pm I watched Waverly tonight. I’m putting nothing on the kids that are doing their best….and I’m also not putting it on the coaching staff.

They played hard, they were doing the best they could. Probably like 6/17 tonight (total guess) 2 were banked in.

I have a blame on this…but it’s not for here. Best of luck to the Waverly kids and coaches.
Jackson looked good and they’ve improved as the season has gone on. Most Waverly fans didn’t have unrealistic expectations coming into the season we knew at best 5 wins, was just hoping for improvement over the course of the season players can only do so much. Good luck to you guys going forward

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:02 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:36 pm Keep in mind TigerNation2021 consistently and constantly bashes coaches, so take his words with a grain of salt. Of course they practice free throws. How many kids practice shooting before or after practice? That’s on the kids. You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make them drink it.

I’ve kept my mouth shut on this topic long enough but tigernation is exactly the type of enabling parent that’s wrong with kids these days. If your kid shoots 100+ free throws a day and shoots 90% on the season, then talk. But he doesn’t, and your only out is to bash the coaches.

Leave the coaches the hell alone. If you thought you knew so much you should have applied for the job.
Say what you want about it, but you let me know when we run an offensive play set or make in game changes. I’ll say what I want about the coaching entire Waverly stands are, 😂😂. Got a problem with that move on. Let me know when you see improvements from a scheme standpoint, kids are playing hard we run zero plays. Talked to friends from Jackson even asking me what are they doing.
You said the same thing about Webster coaches after they lost to Minford even though they destroyed Waverly. Something along the lines of “yeh people I know from Webster were even saying the coaches blah blah blah.”

There isn’t anybody talking to you in the stands from any school that has a relevant opinion. You’re just another parent who’s failed to produce a good player so naturally you blame the coaches.

Here’s a new flash — WAVERLY IS WAY DOWN IN TALENT! The fact they won against Eastern, who is solid, speaks volumes of the coaching staff. You don’t want to jump on that ship though, you want to credit the kids. But you darn sure will immediately blame the coaches once Waverly inevitably gets blown out in 70%+ of their games.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:07 pm The best shooter in the SOC2 takes over 1000 shots a day practice every day year round. Practice
🤔

Tigernation2021
Varsity

bbjunky81 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:19 am
Tigernation2021 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:02 pm

You said the same thing about Webster coaches after they lost to Minford even though they destroyed Waverly. Something along the lines of “yeh people I know from Webster were even saying the coaches blah blah blah.”

There isn’t anybody talking to you in the stands from any school that has a relevant opinion. You’re just another parent who’s failed to produce a good player so naturally you blame the coaches.

Here’s a new flash — WAVERLY IS WAY DOWN IN TALENT! The fact they won against Eastern, who is solid, speaks volumes of the coaching staff. You don’t want to jump on that ship though, you want to credit the kids. But you darn sure will immediately blame the coaches once Waverly inevitably gets blown out in 70%+ of their games.
Still haven’t said where you seen the improvements at?? From the start of the year until now what have we improved on as a team?? Nah it was the valley and Webster game where they said they made no adjustments to what valley did in the 4th. You think Waverly doesn’t realize they’re down in talent? Does that mean we can’t show improvements in areas or continue to make same mistakes? Can we break the press now?? Are we running inbounds plays and offensive plays better?? Di we trap correctly?? Do we use screens or stand out there going 1-1 and pass the ball sideline to sideline?? Do the kids make up the plays or style of play or coaches?? You sound like the coaches after games it’s all the kids right?? Interesting concept sound like one of the coaches, sorry you’re out of your depth here.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

blackshooky wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:32 am
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:07 pm The best shooter in the SOC2 takes over 1000 shots a day practice every day year round. Practice
🤔
Aaron Montgomery personally told me that at the fair last summer lol

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:04 pm [quote=blackshooky post_id=2049158 time=<a href="tel:1673155947">1673155947</a> user_id=1105]
[quote="The Ghost of Swanker" post_id=2049030 time=<a href="tel:1673118475">1673118475</a> user_id=17138]
The best shooter in the SOC2 takes over 1000 shots a day practice every day year round. Practice
🤔
[/quote]

[/quote]

gotcha

SOCFalconFan
Waterboy

Post by SOCFalconFan »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:04 pm
🤔
That’s not an exaggeration either. The kid comes to the school early to get his shots in before school starts all year around. Used to go to a gym to workout with his parents at 5:00 am as well for a long time. The kid is a worker. And a very coachable kid. Always respectful and listens and gives max effort.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

SOCFalconFan wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:38 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:04 pm

🤔
That’s not an exaggeration either. The kid comes to the school early to get his shots in before school starts all year around. Used to go to a gym to workout with his parents at 5:00 am as well for a long time. The kid is a worker. And a very coachable kid. Always respectful and listens and gives max effort.
Definitely a great kid with outstanding work ethic.

Return to “Boys Basketball”