Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio- Week #6

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio- Week #6

Post by danicalifornia »

Paint Valley 70, Circleville 63

Bearcats were down 45-38 late in the 3rd and flipped a switch to take over. Really good game, especially on the offensive end by both teams.

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

Fairfield Union 57
Logan 22

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Fairfield Union 57
Logan 22 a final

... Logan struggled offensively the entire game, unable to work/start the offense inside the 3 point line... 6-6/6-5/6-4/6-3 size unable to get points in the paint consistently ... the Chiefs with only 5 fgs down low on the game/10 pts in the paint ... Coach Shaeffer's Falcons on the other end of the court worked the offense patiently, with their own bigs - Ted Harrah 10 pts/Caleb Schmelzer 7 and Caleb Redding 17 - taking care of business down low ... with Logan unable to score effectively from inside or outside the arc (3 fgs total in the opening 2 quarters ... Simon Pierce led the Chiefs with 10 pts on the night ... the 6-6 stretch forward had a 2 handed jam in the opening qtr included) outside of Pierce , center Cayden Alford had the only other points from the starters - 2/2 from the FT line ... Logan's bench added 10 points - Ayden St.Clair with a 3 pointer in the final minute of the game ... Kohen Maynard put up 7 points to finish off the scoring for Logan ... FU led at all stops 12-6 after 1 ... 21-10 at intermission ... 38-15 after 3 ... FU outscored LHS 19-7 in the final period ... Fairfield Union 57 Logan 22 a final ...

... Pfloyd's official UN-official Napkin Stats - Logan

Scoring ... Simon Pierce 10, Kohen Maynard 7, Ayden St. Clair 3, Cayden Alford 2
3-Pointers ... 2/13 ... Kohen Maynard 1, Ayden St. Clair 1
FTs ... 4/6
TOs ... 15
PnP ... 5 fgs/ 10 points in the paint
PnT ... 1 fg/ 2 points in transition
Pbk ... 1 fg/ 2 points on putback buckets

...Logan drops to 1-11 on the season... the Chiefs are back in action at home Friday night vs St. Charles ...

... Pfloyd's official UN-official Napkin Stats - Fairfield Union

Scoring ... Caleb Redding 17, Ted Harrah 10, Brennen Rowles 10, Caleb Schmelzer 7, Isaac Schmelzer 5, Trace Pennell 3, Keegan Arnett 2, Max Stansberry 2, Koen Eichhorn 1
3 Pointers ... 5/19 ... Caleb Redding 2, Brennen Rowles 1, Isaac Schmelzer 1, Trace Pennell 1
FTs ... 12/20
TOs ... 12
PnP ... 13 fgs/ 26 points in the paint
PnT ... 2 fgs/ 4 points in transition
Pbk ... 1 fg/ 2 points on putback buckets

... the Falcons improve to 10-2 on the season ... FU entertains Hamilton Twp. Friday night ...
Last edited by pfloyd on Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Wednesday night matinee

Valley 61
West 35

Arnett scores his 1000th point.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Nice, didn't know they were playing. Congrats to George.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

If Vinton County makes it thru the next week-- they might move up to the top 4?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

vcgrad wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:46 am If Vinton County makes it thru the next week-- they might move up to the top 4?
On the road @ Federal Hocking Tuesday night - pfloyd & 93bulldog doing that one ... Friday night Vinton Co. @ Alexander ... then Oak Hill AT the Hoosier Gym in Indiana on Saturday night ... Nice week of hoops for the VC faithful for sure ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the Pfloyd Tour heads for the Warrior Dome Friday night to see how both Coach Maddox's Warren Warrior Youngin's are progressing and the Marietta Tigers ... then Saturday morning cruising down the Appalachian Highway to North Adams and the Coach Dave Young get-together that is put on by the Young Family & NAHS ... I went last year enjoyed the all day event ... already seeing where Hoopie74, peake71, daniC will be in attendance - all high school basketball guys - should be a great day in the Cheap Seats at North Adams to pay honor to Coach Young ... hopefully they have some Green Devil T-shirts on sale ! - the one I have was given to me by Coach Young when he brought NA to the Beasts of the Southeast in Chesapeake (it's a little small for me now LOL but I keep it alongside the Reedsville Eastern tee-shirt signed by the state championship girls team from a few years back)... if you aren't doing anything - make the trip to North Adams! the games start at 10am with West Union vs Portsmouth Clay SOMEONE is going to get their first W of the season !!! they will get a pfloyd writeup... game wrap-ups after 1am as it will take a couple hours to get back to Logan LOL ... 7 games Saturday! first game tips-off at 10am and the 7th game goes off at 8pm ...

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Will see you tomorrow night Pfloyd, should be a great game.

Go Blue
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Whs95fan wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:51 pm Will see you tomorrow night Pfloyd, should be a great game.
... I totally agree Whs95fan! Marietta is much improved over the Tigers of recent years ... Kendall has been strong in the middle for MHS of late ... when I saw that Coach Warner was back courtside as an assistant for the Tigers I KNEW even during the Clash at the Coliseum that Marietta was going to have a better "attitude" on the court this season - so far its' played out ...

GoIrish
JV Team

Post by GoIrish »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:46 pm ... the Pfloyd Tour heads for the Warrior Dome Friday night to see how both Coach Maddox's Warren Warrior Youngin's are progressing and the Marietta Tigers ... then Saturday morning cruising down the Appalachian Highway to North Adams and the Coach Dave Young get-together that is put on by the Young Family & NAHS ... I went last year enjoyed the all day event ... already seeing where Hoopie74, peake71, daniC will be in attendance - all high school basketball guys - should be a great day in the Cheap Seats at North Adams to pay honor to Coach Young ... hopefully they have some Green Devil T-shirts on sale ! - the one I have was given to me by Coach Young when he brought NA to the Beasts of the Southeast in Chesapeake (it's a little small for me now LOL but I keep it alongside the Reedsville Eastern tee-shirt signed by the state championship girls team from a few years back)... if you aren't doing anything - make the trip to North Adams! the games start at 10am with West Union vs Portsmouth Clay SOMEONE is going to get their first W of the season !!! they will get a pfloyd writeup... game wrap-ups after 1am as it will take a couple hours to get back to Logan LOL ... 7 games Saturday! first game tips-off at 10am and the 7th game goes off at 8pm ...
See ya there Saturday, pflyod.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

GoIrish wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:57 am
pfloyd wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:46 pm ... the Pfloyd Tour heads for the Warrior Dome Friday night to see how both Coach Maddox's Warren Warrior Youngin's are progressing and the Marietta Tigers ... then Saturday morning cruising down the Appalachian Highway to North Adams and the Coach Dave Young get-together that is put on by the Young Family & NAHS ... I went last year enjoyed the all day event ... already seeing where Hoopie74, peake71, daniC will be in attendance - all high school basketball guys - should be a great day in the Cheap Seats at North Adams to pay honor to Coach Young ... hopefully they have some Green Devil T-shirts on sale ! - the one I have was given to me by Coach Young when he brought NA to the Beasts of the Southeast in Chesapeake (it's a little small for me now LOL but I keep it alongside the Reedsville Eastern tee-shirt signed by the state championship girls team from a few years back)... if you aren't doing anything - make the trip to North Adams! the games start at 10am with West Union vs Portsmouth Clay SOMEONE is going to get their first W of the season !!! they will get a pfloyd writeup... game wrap-ups after 1am as it will take a couple hours to get back to Logan LOL ... 7 games Saturday! first game tips-off at 10am and the 7th game goes off at 8pm ...
See ya there Saturday, pflyod.
Look forward to it GoIrish!

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

Pfloyd, you have to give Wellston some love this week.
Defeating Athens by 24 and handing VC first league loss. You need to watch that game on BMG media.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

GRFan wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:00 pm Pfloyd, you have to give Wellston some love this week.
Defeating Athens by 24 and handing VC first league loss. You need to watch that game on BMG media.
As the season goes along teams get better and some get worse. Wellston (6-6) is for sure a team that seems to be getting better.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Pfloyd had planned on seeing you and others at North Adams today but not going to be able to be there. See you down the road at other game.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

peake71 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:22 am Pfloyd had planned on seeing you and others at North Adams today but not going to be able to be there. See you down the road at other game.
Your boys played well. Ater coached well and had good coaching moments.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Hoopie74 glad they did they had a tough loss against South Point last night. A really physical game.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

South Point 44- Whiteoak 16 at the half.

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:05 pm
Whs95fan wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:51 pm Will see you tomorrow night Pfloyd, should be a great game.
... I totally agree Whs95fan! Marietta is much improved over the Tigers of recent years ... Kendall has been strong in the middle for MHS of late ... when I saw that Coach Warner was back courtside as an assistant for the Tigers I KNEW even during the Clash at the Coliseum that Marietta was going to have a better "attitude" on the court this season - so far its' played out ...
Summary Perspective on Marietta: Marietta's program has experienced at least 11 losses for 11 years in a row (averaging 14 losses per season). This year 7-4 record with just 4 home games so far with losses to opponents with a combined record of 37-11 (including versus the No. 3 and No. 4 teams in West Virginia). Certainly a different Tiger team. If they play to potential and consistently, this could yet be one of the best seasons in 20 or more years. We'll see, not totally convinced it's likely, but they've got a shot at finishing with an impressive record and a fair tourney run.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

West Union gets a win!

Return to “Boys Basketball”