Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio- Week #6

Whs95fan
S

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio- Week #6

Post by Whs95fan »

Looks fair to me, hoping to see us continually move up this last month of the regular season 8-)

Go Blue
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:06 pm 7 SOC2 schools within the Top 30-35 teams. Incredible balance in that Conference. It’s going to be an interesting second half for the SOC2. To think also, Minford is going to have Montgomery for two more years and South Webster is going to have Roberts for two more years. Minford’s sophomore class is special for basketball.
SOC2 is very very strong this year.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
pembrook burrows III
JV Team

Post by pembrook burrows III »

Ironton undervalued.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Looks good pfloyd. Here is my current top 8 for each division.

D2

1.) Washington CH
2.) Miami Trace
3.) Fairfield Union
4.) New Lexington
5.) Gallia Academy
6.) Vinton County
7.) Warren
8.) Ironton

D3

1.) Minford
2.) South Point
3.) Valley
4.) North Adams
5.) Zane Trace
6.) Wheelersburg
7.) Northwest
8.) Fairland

D4

1.) Fairfield Leesburg
2.) South Webster
3.) Federal Hocking
4.) Paint Valley
5.) Green
6.) Eastern Pike
7.) Notre Dame
8.) Whiteoak

Not much different than yours, just a couple teams moved a few spots.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Here is the schedule for Monday's date in the Battle for the 614 at ODU, I know Warren had previously scrimmaged Zane Trace before the season so it'll be interesting to see how both teams have progressed.
Mon., Jan. 16th
12:00 Zane Trace vs. Warren Local
1:30 Johnstown vs. North Union
3:00 New Albany vs. Sylvania Northview
4:30 Walnut Ridge vs. Licking Heights
6:00 Reynoldsburg vs. Hilliard Davidson
7:30 Bishop Hartley vs. Fairfield Union

Go Blue
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Hookshot wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:38 pm Great job this week -- my only thought is Meigs is better or would beat maybe 15 or so teams ranked ahead of them. I can't prove it, but the last game I saw (this past week) I just think they're better than their record.

*MaxPreps has Miami Trace at 11-1. Not sure if they're correct or not, just FYI.
Hookshot, I just looked at Meigs' schedule going out - they will be playing 8 games vs teams ranked above them from Athens, Alexander, Jackson, Nelsonville York, to top 8 Vinton County ... with players coming off of injury , W's vs these teams will move Meigs up the rankings ... they have Alexander tonight Tuesday 1/10/23 ...

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good to see my Fighting Tigers gradually climbing up the list after their late start to the season and not having any scrimmages.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I've said it countless times and I'll say it again..

This Burg team is so much better than people are giving them credit for. They have one "bad loss" at Eastern Pike, but heck Valley lost there too so it shows you how well Eastern plays at home.

They lost to Valley by 2, had every chance to win. Lost to Minford @ Minford in overtime, led the entire game. Lost to Zane Trace by 3, another very solid D3 team. Beat a good South Webster team.

I could easily see them getting over the hump and playing in (and potentially winning) a district championship. The freshman guard Rucker is so fast and talented. The more games he gets under his belt the more comfortable he becomes and the better Wheelersburg is. Whoever gets them in the tournament as a #5, #6, or #7 seed are in for an absolute dog fight.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:44 am I've said it countless times and I'll say it again..

This Burg team is so much better than people are giving them credit for. They have one "bad loss" at Eastern Pike, but heck Valley lost there too so it shows you how well Eastern plays at home.

They lost to Valley by 2, had every chance to win. Lost to Minford @ Minford in overtime, led the entire game. Lost to Zane Trace by 3, another very solid D3 team. Beat a good South Webster team.

I could easily see them getting over the hump and playing in (and potentially winning) a district championship. The freshman guard Rucker is so fast and talented. The more games he gets under his belt the more comfortable he becomes and the better Wheelersburg is. Whoever gets them in the tournament as a #5, #6, or #7 seed are in for an absolute dog fight.
I agree with your assessment. Burg will be in all the games but don't have the alpha male to finish a game. They will have to hold on to wins but they are very capable of winning every one on the schedule

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I caught the end of the game last night. I was impressed. Burg played hard and made plays. Def capable of winning any night. Was also impressed with Kayser, not sure I spelled that right, from Minford. He made a few big plays down the stretch.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Today's menu as I have it so far:

Logan vs Fairfield Union
Crooksville @ New Lexington

... I'm heading for the Logan vs FU game ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

transplant wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:07 pm I caught the end of the game last night. I was impressed. Burg played hard and made plays. Def capable of winning any night. Was also impressed with Kayser, not sure I spelled that right, from Minford. He made a few big plays down the stretch.
... Kayser was huge in the OT, 7 points ... while Myles Montgomery showed why he IS the best in SEO - 5 three pointers in the 2nd half & OT - 24 points after intermission ... Minford was down 9 points , 33-42 at one point ... M&M led the Falcons on a run that saw MHS tie the score @ 42-42 with 6:56 to play in the 4th ... Montgomery forged the 52-52 tie at the end of regulation on shear will - 14 points in the 4th period/3 treys from somewhere around the Rubyville area/clutch FT shooting 5/6 in the 4th ... Bennett Kayser - got physical in the OT, the Burg is one of if not THE most physical team I've seen this season while remaining a basketball team on the court (meaning they played physical basketball/not just bullying people around - WHS plays basketball) ... Kayser took the ball to the rim hard/with purpose ... Montgomery raining in the 3 ball from long distance on the right wing with 3.5 on the clock adding the 2 FTs after deflecting the Burg inbounds & getting fouled ... great game to watch I'm sure it was amazing to be in the Cheap Seats for this one ... Wheelersburg is a team that can go deep into the post season because the play a brand of basketball that uses their physical strength to keep their opponent from doing what they want to do on the court ... physically they wear the opposition down ...

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:07 pm Today's menu as I have it so far:

Logan vs Fairfield Union

Paint Valley at Circleville tonight as well

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Absolutely agree with everything. Myles deflecting the inbound pass is a perfect example of why you guard the inbound passer in that situation. Watching online, it appeared Myles hit that shot with no time remaining, but the refs decided 3.5 was the time to be put back on. Maybe it looked different in person. Great game between two very solid teams.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

SW pulls out the first of three road games this week in Oak after being down 18-9 at the half, outscoring the Oaks 33-10 in the 2nd half. Oak Hill is right there with Burg as the toughest gym in the SOC2 to play in and usually the whistles get swallowed there. Good halftime adjustments.

Two more road games this weekend Friday @ West and Saturday @ Notre Dame (D4 Seeding implications)

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:33 pm
pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:07 pm Today's menu as I have it so far:

Logan vs Fairfield Union

Paint Valley at Circleville tonight as well
... THAT should be a good one daniC!!! ...

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

It’s good to see Myles has continued to live up to the hype into his high school career. Hes the best Jr High player I’ve ever seen, girls or boys, and having worked/watched the end of year tournament at our school for 10+ years.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Will have to check out that Logan FU game tonight

Go Blue
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »