Tuesday,1/10/23 games and scores

HERO
Riding the Bench

Re: Tuesday,1/10/23 games and scores

Post by HERO »

Jacob Smith has a video on Twitter of the play

From the video it looks like a foul, but it’s just one angle, so who knows?? Maybe it was incidental contact

Dragonguy13
Freshman Team

Post by Dragonguy13 »

After Watching the video, I don’t see how that’s not a foul.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Should have been a foul. The double tech on Ironton earlier was shaky. Evens out.

Happy2bhere
Freshman Team

Post by Happy2bhere »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:45 pm Fairfield 59
Peebles 37

Final
Tytis Cannon - 29
TJ Mootz -10
Larkin Friend - 9

Cannons last three games 26,33,29

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Pantherfan wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:06 pm St joe 53
Notre dame 52
Final
Where is the mom that was posting about how good ND was and how they would run through the league and all that? Took two L's after she made that comment didn't they?

Harambe
Riding the Bench

Post by Harambe »

transplant wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:37 am
Notre dame 52
Final
Where is the mom that was posting about how good ND was and how they would run through the league and all that? Took two L's after she made that comment didn't they?
"She's" right here. I guess I cant be wrong? I made one post and never argued with anyone about it. They are the best team in the SOC IMO. Two games now where they have had 9 threes, and a lot last night made on them. They have to do a better job guarding the 3 point line and on defense in general. I think they will be fine, and can still win this league.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Harambe wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:00 am Notre Dame will win the SOC going away! I doubt anyone competes with them for the league!
Might be the best team, but saying you doubt anyone competes with them was a little strange.

Good win for St. Joe.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Harambe wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:26 am
Notre dame 52
Final
"She's" right here. I guess I cant be wrong? I made one post and never argued with anyone about it. They are the best team in the SOC IMO. Two games now where they have had 9 threes, and a lot last night made on them. They have to do a better job guarding the 3 point line and on defense in general. I think they will be fine, and can still win this league.
You can be wrong, I'm wrong all the time. It was just the way it was said about no one in the league would compete with them, then drop the next two. I have no problem with you thinking they are the best team, they still might be, who knows. Just thought it was funny, that's all.

HoopFan55
Riding the Bench

Post by HoopFan55 »

transplant wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:52 am

You can be wrong, I'm wrong all the time. It was just the way it was said about no one in the league would compete with them, then drop the next two. I have no problem with you thinking they are the best team, they still might be, who knows. Just thought it was funny, that's all.
Great win for St Joe at ND, awesome basketball environment! it was loud, fans, players and coaches were into it. The game came down to who could make free throws and take care of the ball.

Pantherfan
Freshman Team

Post by Pantherfan »

HoopFan55 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:54 am
transplant wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:52 am

Great win for St Joe at ND, awesome basketball environment! it was loud, fans, players and coaches were into it. The game came down to who could make free throws and take care of the ball.

Definitely a great game and two good teams in SOC1! Notre Dame looked very tired in the 4th quarter (mouths open breathing) and St. Joe still looked fresh. I think that was the difference last night.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Notre Dame has another L coming on Saturday

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Piketon held on and defeated Westfall 50-43. The Streaks lead 32-12 at half, but Westfall had cut the lead to 10 by the end of the 3rd quarter. The Mustangs came out strong to start the 4th, scoring 10 straight to tie the game. The Red Streaks overcame severe foul trouble and Mustang pressure to re-take the lead, and eventually win the game. Good win for Coach Miller and his troops.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

biggdowgg wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:46 am
Heck, if you're going to show one foul in the game, show them all, there was a lot of bad calls on both teams that had an impact either way that's for sure. The Refs were terrible for both teams.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:55 am
biggdowgg wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:46 am
Heck, if you're going to show one foul in the game, show them all, there was a lot of bad calls on both teams that had an impact either way that's for sure. The Refs were terrible for both teams.
Yeah but that one has to be called. The middle guy was probably blocked. That's a definite case of swallowing the whistle. It doesn't guarantee he hits them anyway but that's got to be called.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Ohbuckeye2: The difference in not making that call was that it had a direct affect on the outcome. Lattimore was going in for the game winning layup, and he was essentially tackled from behind. It is the worst no-call I've seen in many years. There were several Ironton fans I talked to after the game that even admitted that it was a foul. There's no rational explanation for the 3 officials to not make that call.

I give Ironton credit for making a great comeback, but that play at the end still could have given the Trojans the win. What is most bothersome is that Lattimore was not rewarded for making a great play, but instead was punished with a no call.

PROUD OF THE TROJANS FOR GIVING A GOOD IRONTON TEAM ALL THEY COULD HANDLE!!

HoopFan55
Riding the Bench

Post by HoopFan55 »

trojandave wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:17 pm Ohbuckeye2: The difference in not making that call was that it had a direct affect on the outcome. Lattimore was going in for the game winning layup, and he was essentially tackled from behind. It is the worst no-call I've seen in many years. There were several Ironton fans I talked to after the game that even admitted that it was a foul. There's no rational explanation for the 3 officials to not make that call.

I give Ironton credit for making a great comeback, but that play at the end still could have given the Trojans the win. What is most bothersome is that Lattimore was not rewarded for making a great play, but instead was punished with a no call.

PROUD OF THE TROJANS FOR GIVING A GOOD IRONTON TEAM ALL THEY COULD HANDLE!!
Was that his shoe left behind after the contact? Definitely a foul IMO.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

HoopFan55: Yes, that was his shoe......the result of being tackled from behind.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

They lost a 16 point lead in the 4th quarter. I know you are pointing out one glaring play, but that play alone didn't lose Portsmouth the game. Maybe he would have missed the layup, who knows. Yes, looks bad I get it, but take care of other things and that play doesn't matter.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

transplant wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:34 pm They lost a 16 point lead in the 4th quarter. I know you are pointing out one glaring play, but that play alone didn't lose Portsmouth the game. Maybe he would have missed the layup, who knows. Yes, looks bad I get it, but take care of other things and that play doesn't matter.
No I don't buy that either. Basketball is a game of runs. Ironton made theirs and came back. The lattimore kid made a game winning play and was fouled, intentionally fouled if you ask me to prevent the game winner, but none the less, he was defiantly fouled. This is not a bang, bang play. Kids do this all the time when they are beat from a steal. The officials should of been on top of this one.

Return to “Boys Basketball”