Tuesday,1/10/23 games and scores

RBH23
S

Re: Tuesday,1/10/23 games and scores

Post by RBH23 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:12 am
RBH23 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:34 pm
wobycat wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:49 pm

No I don't buy that either. Basketball is a game of runs. Ironton made theirs and came back. The lattimore kid made a game winning play and was fouled, intentionally fouled if you ask me to prevent the game winner, but none the less, he was defiantly fouled. This is not a bang, bang play. Kids do this all the time when they are beat from a steal. The officials should of been on top of this one.
Very easy explanation…

The game was played at Ironton. No way those refs are calling that. :)
according to biggdowgg 2 of the 3 Refs are from Portsmouth lol.
So what you’re saying is that Ironton really had to pony up for this game :)

Seriously, did these Portsmouth refs have boys cut from the team? Some personal grudge against the coach? Are legally blind but somehow still functioning?

I’ve seen refs swallow whistles at the end of games before, but this takes the cake!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

wobycat wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:49 pm

No I don't buy that either. Basketball is a game of runs. Ironton made theirs and came back. The lattimore kid made a game winning play and was fouled, intentionally fouled if you ask me to prevent the game winner, but none the less, he was defiantly fouled. This is not a bang, bang play. Kids do this all the time when they are beat from a steal. The officials should of been on top of this one.
Very easy explanation…

I should have worded it differently,I should have said they had ties to Portsmouth, one did graduate from Portsmouth like 30 years ago but has not lived in Portsmouth for years from what I was told.

The only reason I pointed that out is because I got messages saying,it's the norm at Ironton you always get cheated at their place,so I was actually just trying to defend Ironton and saying that wasn't the case,I also posted it's not on the Ironton coaches and players ,they did what they had to do to win the game .

This will be my last response, it's time to move on to the next game.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

biggdowgg wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:59 pm

Very easy explanation…

I should have worded it differently,I should have said they had ties to Portsmouth, one did graduate from Portsmouth like 30 years ago but has not lived in Portsmouth for years from what I was told.

The only reason I pointed that out is because I got messages saying,it's the norm at Ironton you always get cheated at their place,so I was actually just trying to defend Ironton and saying that wasn't the case,I also posted it's not on the Ironton coaches and players ,they did what they had to do to win the game .
I will say one thing,I talked to coach Collins at the

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

biggdowgg wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:59 pm

Very easy explanation…

Thanks for clearing that up, appreciate it. In all seriousness, it’s Sad the game had to end the way it did. Both teams played their heart out just like they always do in this rivalry, and yes it was definitely a foul.

Return to “Boys Basketball”