Saturday, 1/14 games and scores

Postgame
Waterboy

Re: Saturday, 1/14 games and scores

Post by Postgame »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:40 pm Letting them play vs not calling anything under the basket all night. Neutral court or at our gym Websters winning this game by 15-20pts. The ball was clearly off of the ND kid with 18 seconds left I was sitting on the floor right there.

Good coaching there the last 18 seconds to ride the PG hard for two fouls and run 9 more seconds off the clock.
Webster is clearly NOT 15-20 points better than ND, even at Webster

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Hookshot wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:58 pm
Bozo wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:36 pm Yeah, weak call.
Let the kids decide the game unless somebody gets hammered.
That ref was showboating all night.
Or, read the rule book. See the play. Make the call according to the book.
Go back and watch the call. It looked like he barely nicked a kid on a screen 40’ away from where the ball was. It didn’t even look like it slowed the kid down there was that little contact. I don’t think this is a foul at any point in the game but definitely not here.

When he says let the kids decide the game I don’t think he means don’t call fouls when there is a foul. I think he means don’t force yourself into the game as an official by making calls that have no impact on the play. We see this all the time. It’s them egos some of them can never seem to keep in check.

It would be like a holding call in football when the running back is already 15 yards down the field and on top of that it’s a questionable holding call.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Postgame wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:57 am
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:40 pm Letting them play vs not calling anything under the basket all night. Neutral court or at our gym Websters winning this game by 15-20pts. The ball was clearly off of the ND kid with 18 seconds left I was sitting on the floor right there.

Good coaching there the last 18 seconds to ride the PG hard for two fouls and run 9 more seconds off the clock.
I bet they are.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Postgame wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:25 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:40 pm The referee crew at ND was young but I thought they did a very good job. There were a couple calls that ehhh they probably missed but there was nothing egregious and nothing that ended up altering the game. Refs are going to miss a couple here and there, they’re human.

Good, solid young crew. They let you play. All 3 have a bright future as a ref.
The illegal screen call against ND towards the end altered the game definitely altered the final minutes, IMO. Overall the officials did a decent job.
From my angle the illegal screen looked blatantly obvious. Even if you think it was missed, the out of bounds pass by Notre Dame was clearly off Notre Dame (happened right infront of me) and then awarded ND the ball. So if you still think the illegal screen was the wrong call (any way we can get video of it?) the ball being awarded to ND on the other play evened it out.
Postgame wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:57 am

I also agree with this. I think a bigger floor and Roberts not battling foul trouble definitely benefits the Jeeps, but 15-20 is a lot. Notre Dame is a very solid D4 team, especially when Metzler is shooting it like that. Right now I’ve got them slotted in the #6 spot in the D4 tournament so there’s a chance these two teams meet again.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Video of the screen and out of bounds call. Assuming that link works. Might have to click on the post

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:50 am

Video of the screen and out of bounds call. Assuming that link works. Might have to click on the post
For clarity, who was the foul called on, #22?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I do t know what those videoed are supposed to be showing but between my eyes and my phone…it ain’t happening lol

What I can see is that ND has their gym looking good. Haven’t been in that gym in about 9 years.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

mlittle wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:12 am
Hookshot wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:58 pm
Bozo wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:36 pm Yeah, weak call.
Let the kids decide the game unless somebody gets hammered.
That ref was showboating all night.
Or, read the rule book. See the play. Make the call according to the book.
Go back and watch the call. It looked like he barely nicked a kid on a screen 40’ away from where the ball was. It didn’t even look like it slowed the kid down there was that little contact. I don’t think this is a foul at any point in the game but definitely not here.

When he says let the kids decide the game I don’t think he means don’t call fouls when there is a foul. I think he means don’t force yourself into the game as an official by making calls that have no impact on the play. We see this all the time. It’s them egos some of them can never seem to keep in check.

It would be like a holding call in football when the running back is already 15 yards down the field and on top of that it’s a questionable holding call.
Zane Trace person. Never a Unioto supporter by any means. The call was weak in that situation. The screen was not leading to a shot. The same ref made touch foul calls against ZT throughout the game, but they were not when the game was tied inside one minute.

Leviticus
Riding the Bench

Post by Leviticus »

Swanker, the officiating was overall good. They let them play on both ends of the floor. In another post you said “we will bang with anyone but Burg” and know you want calls down low? ND was just as physical or more than SW. the difference in the game was Benders on ball defense. His defense is really good. Metzler was without a doubt the best player on the floor.

By the way ND only shot 2 foul shots so they weren’t calling anything down low on either end.

Postgame
Waterboy

Post by Postgame »

Leviticus wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:32 pm Swanker, the officiating was overall good. They let them play on both ends of the floor. In another post you said “we will bang with anyone but Burg” and know you want calls down low? ND was just as physical or more than SW. the difference in the game was Benders on ball defense. His defense is really good. Metzler was without a doubt the best player on the floor.

By the way ND only shot 2 foul shots so they weren’t calling anything down low on either end.
ND point guard was getting mugged every time he brought the ball up the floor by Bender. Should’ve fouled out if they would called it.

Frequent Flyer
Riding the Bench

Post by Frequent Flyer »

What about St Jude? Did they win?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Let em play 🙄
Attachments
641405DA-B9C7-4D90-8ACD-C53C91EF9C8F.jpeg
E6D1FF71-4D45-49F0-A40E-C456B06312D3.jpeg

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:09 pm Let em play 🙄

Looks like a submission and a knockout....oh wait this is basketball thread 😂😂.

Did they call anything on either of these ? I bet not the refs now days are scared to make a controversial call ,and before the idiots say go to school and help out NO , don't want to don't have to ,how bout they just do what they getting paid to do ?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Pinwheel wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:25 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:09 pm Let em play 🙄

Looks like a submission and a knockout....oh wait this is basketball thread 😂😂.

Did they call anything on either of these ? I bet not the refs now days are scared to make a controversial call ,and before the idiots say go to school and help out NO , don't want to don't have to ,how bout they just do what they getting paid to do ?
Called a jump ball on the ground after Metzler dove on the poor kids back. and no call on Roberts.

allOhiotraveler
Freshman Team

Post by allOhiotraveler »

Screen was definitely a foul, no matter the situation. If you are take steps at someone to screen them without established position, it probably should be a foul.

Return to “Boys Basketball”